• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Call history manager disappeared after ROM update

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have an i-mate SP5 with WM 5 and I have updated its ROM to the latest version available in Italian on the i-mate website: SP5 WWE ROM Build 2.5.331.2 (http://www.imate.com/Support_DeviceSupport.aspx?key=39d08cc5-263d-462c-9885-8b58e9101fc3&cmd=roms).

Problem is, after the update Call History disappeared from the Start Menu and I can only use the limited version of the call log available by pressing the green (call) button.

Does anybody know if there's a way to access the Call History manager (may be it's some system file) and/or how to bring this much-needed function back to the Start Menu?

Thank you so so much!!

Posted · Report post

Well, I've not tried this, but according to this site (http://www.ppcsg.com/index.php?showtopic=89140)...

Create a text file on your PC/PDA

Enter the following:

00#:MSClog?tapres.dll,-16322

Save the text file as CallHistory.LNK

Copy the file to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs on your device

Posted · Report post

Well, I've not tried this, but according to this site (http://www.ppcsg.com/index.php?showtopic=89140)...

Create a text file on your PC/PDA

Enter the following:

00#:MSClog?tapres.dll,-16322

Save the text file as CallHistory.LNK

Copy the file to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs on your device

You're the man!!! It works!!

Now there's a link to the Call History manager in the Programs folder (last page of the Start Menu); now I can at least access my full call log. It'd be certainly better to have it on the first page of the start menu, but, hey! I'm not complaining!!

Thank you chucky!!!!

Posted · Report post

The order of the Start Menu items is in a registry setting, if you search Modaco for "reg start menu" you should find something that tells you where it is stored and you can then put the Call History back on page 1