• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

M1000 tomtom settings problems

1 post in this topic

Posted (edited)

well this is the first PPCI have ever owned/touched I am a complete newbie to this, So this could be simple or complex I don't know.

What I want to do is use this PPC as a tomtom. I have a GPS receiver in my car and it has been working fine in another car until I got given it.

The receiver I have is: Brodit 971582 Active Holder. They have a terrible website that helps me very little, however as far as I know the problem is just my PPC settings.

When I go to set up my tomtom it asks me 3 questions.

1. what kind of device do you have; tomtom wireless, tomtom wired, other NMEA GPS, other Bluetooth GPS.........At this stage I have persumed Other NMEA GPS, while I have been fiddling

2. It then asks me for GPS baud rate; the slider runs from 1200 - 115200......I've been guessing wildly at this, I am clueless.

3. Finally it asks; GPS is connected to: Infared port, com4, com5, BT on com6, serial cable on com1, com9, com2, serial on USB.... I guessed at serial cable on COM1 and Serial on USB to little success

So I have a cabled GPS device that works, and a SPV M1000.

I just don't know what settings to put in to make it work.

Is there anything else I need to do to make this GPS device work.

It has been working on this PPC but when it completely lost power it lost all the tomtom settings, when I powered it up again it auto installed tomtom and did some other things.

Any help would be great with this

Edit: App version 5.210 (5430)

GPS driver v1.20

Map great_britan-map v562

Edited by chipedwood