• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

touch software help

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

hi,

i have an HTC touch for about a week now,and i'm really happy with it...it's a great device

but i just need some help with some applications:

1-in windows media player,what are the best .wmv or .mp4 attributes in order to be played back on the device?

2-is there an alarm application in which i can assign my own alarm tone?(because the default alarm application is really annoying)

i also tried to playback some converted .avi videos with coreplay,but there was some audio lag...is it the phone or the player?

well sorry for asking too much,but i'm new to the world of WM.

thanks

Edited by crimsonakatsuki

Posted

hi,

i have an HTC touch for about a week now,and i'm really happy with it...it's a great device

but i just need some help with some applications:

1-in windows media player,what are the best .wmv or .mp4 attributes in order to be played back on the device?

2-is there an alarm application in which i can assign my own alarm tone?(because the default alarm application is really annoying)

i also tried to playback some converted .avi videos with coreplay,but there was some audio lag...is it the phone or the player?

well sorry for asking too much,but i'm new to the world of WM.

thanks

question 1 - im not sure tbh

question 2 - i can answer - you can use any sound you want for your alarm, using active sync, explore the device and navigate to the windows directory on your phone. The secret to adding to the alarm sounds is to make sure your sound is a .wav file. Just copy and paste your new .wav sound clips into this folder and you will see them appearing in the alarm list of sounds.

Darren