Start HERE Before Flashing a cooked ROM (Verizon i910)

Guest necosino

Guest smsngomnia

I am having issues when flashing my omnia i910. I followed all the instructions and notice when I plug in my phone it pops up under my computer where I can browse my storage card. I unplug my phone from the PC (drivers installed), run the UMDL program, load the .img and click detect. t sits idle waiting to detect a phone and eah time I plug in my phone via the USB (with the phone off) a message pops up on my vista saying windows must close the program. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd love to get the new roms loaded.

Guest necosino
I am having issues when flashing my omnia i910. I followed all the instructions and notice when I plug in my phone it pops up under my computer where I can browse my storage card. I unplug my phone from the PC (drivers installed), run the UMDL program, load the .img and click detect. t sits idle waiting to detect a phone and eah time I plug in my phone via the USB (with the phone off) a message pops up on my vista saying windows must close the program. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd love to get the new roms loaded.

The phone needs to be COMPLETELY off, not just with the screen turned off. Take the battery out if you want to be completely sure its off..

Guest smsngomnia
The phone needs to be COMPLETELY off, not just with the screen turned off. Take the battery out if you want to be completely sure its off..

This worked, thank you so much for your time, greatly appreciated

Guest emvious

Failed to flash my i910 on my Vista PC, only because I didn't have windows Mobile device center installed on it. However after installing windows mobile device center and following the instructions on the 1st post i was able to successfully flash my rom. Add another successfull flash to the list

Edited by emvious

Guest zolushka_mx

Help!!! I did apply Leaked i910 CC20 ROM

and now I have several troubles,

1. Phone keep pop messege: "Non supported battery see user manual"

2. Phone feature (and GPS) won't turn on

My phone is worked perfectly before ... is an ebay purchase from Bell Canada, GPS worked, Phone worked, but won't get "home" giving messege "Digital Roaming" ebay seller told phone was not locked to Bell ...

After Leaked i910 CC20 ROM any way to roll back to original configurations? No, right?

Guest necosino
Help!!! I did apply Leaked i910 CC20 ROM

and now I have several troubles,

1. Phone keep pop messege: "Non supported battery see user manual"

2. Phone feature (and GPS) won't turn on

My phone is worked perfectly before ... is an ebay purchase from Bell Canada, GPS worked, Phone worked, but won't get "home" giving messege "Digital Roaming" ebay seller told phone was not locked to Bell ...

After Leaked i910 CC20 ROM any way to roll back to original configurations? No, right?

Indeed, this ROM is just for Verizon. With Bell you probably won't be able to get service. And since you bought from a 3rd party (Ebay seller), you probably won't have a warranty.. :D

Guest zolushka_mx

Hmmm ... but didn't the new ROM completely removed Bell's settings? That is what I thought ROM does

If Phone did worked before this new ROM (even thought in digital roaming, but did worked) it was not locked ... now with new ROM I not sure why Phone won't turn ON

Device is fully functional, just the phone feature is not

Guest necosino

Because this ROM is designed for the radio to work with Verizon, not Bell. Your phone now isn't able to communicate with Bell's towers at all, and won't even be recognized here in the states. I'm really not sure what else to tell you..

Guest zolushka_mx
Hmmm ... but didn't the new ROM completely removed Bell's settings? That is what I thought ROM does

If Phone did worked before this new ROM (even thought in digital roaming, but did worked) it was not locked ... now with new ROM I not sure why Phone won't turn ON

Some progress .. now phone tells "Turn on Cellular Radio" ... how to do this? Where in the can I find this setting to turn ON?

Guest zolushka_mx

I am in Cancun Mexico, not in USA ...

well, when phone arrived it did comunicate with towers in Mexico though did "digital roaming" now new ROM set some settings .. that radio won't even look up for signal, it completely turned OFF, I do not need phone at all, but I need the AGPS and 3G signal how to get this ON?

AGPS worked before ........ bew ROM

Guest bmn4711

Having bricked a Treo on the second day of having it I am a bit shy of trying this with my new Omnia.

One thing I am concerned about is making sure that the USB port I am using is a 2.0 port. I have one of those 12-in-1 cardreader/usb/firewaire interfaces. The CF and other cards mention 2.0 in Device Manager, but I don't see anything in Under USB that mentions 2.0.

I do have ActiveSync 4.5 installed and phone syncs with no issues. I am using XP SP3, motherboard is a GA-K8N Ultra-SLI, the manual says it has 10 USB 2.0/1.1 ports.

Other question is how important is it that the PC you do this from is running as few other programs as possible?

Thanks

Quick question, I'm a little disappointed with the performance on my omnia especially while playing games such as asphalt 4 hd, when I apply any pressure to the screen the game slows a lot making it vitrualy unplayable. Also had the same problem when scrolling in SPB mobile shell 3. Does the new rom increase performance at all or is my phone just a dud?

Guest necosino
Having bricked a Treo on the second day of having it I am a bit shy of trying this with my new Omnia.

One thing I am concerned about is making sure that the USB port I am using is a 2.0 port. I have one of those 12-in-1 cardreader/usb/firewaire interfaces. The CF and other cards mention 2.0 in Device Manager, but I don't see anything in Under USB that mentions 2.0.

I do have ActiveSync 4.5 installed and phone syncs with no issues. I am using XP SP3, motherboard is a GA-K8N Ultra-SLI, the manual says it has 10 USB 2.0/1.1 ports.

Other question is how important is it that the PC you do this from is running as few other programs as possible?

Thanks

"To find out which version you have, open the Device Manager by right-clicking My Computer and choosing Properties (or with Windows key + Pause/Break on the keyboard). Click the Hardware tab and then click the Device Manager. Scroll down until you locate the Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand the list of controllers. If you have a USB 2.0 controller in your computer, the word Enhanced will be listed somewhere in one of those names" Source

I usually advise not to be doing too much while flashing. Browsing the web is fine, but playing any hardcore games or anything would probably be frowned upon, especially since the flash only takes like 10-15 minutes :D

Guest necosino
Quick question, I'm a little disappointed with the performance on my omnia especially while playing games such as asphalt 4 hd, when I apply any pressure to the screen the game slows a lot making it vitrualy unplayable. Also had the same problem when scrolling in SPB mobile shell 3. Does the new rom increase performance at all or is my phone just a dud?

This CC20 ROM isn't much different than the ROM that comes stock. However, the custom ROMs that are built off of it have most of the bloatware removed, and a lot of registry changes added in, plus WinMo6.5, of course, will offer quite a big difference :D

Guest bmn4711
necosino:""To find out which version you have, open the Device Manager by right-clicking My Computer and choosing Properties (or with Windows key + Pause/Break on the keyboard). Click the Hardware tab and then click the Device Manager. Scroll down until you locate the Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand the list of controllers. If you have a USB 2.0 controller in your computer, the word Enhanced will be listed somewhere in one of those names" Source

I usually advise not to be doing too much while flashing. Browsing the web is fine, but playing any hardcore games or anything would probably be frowned upon, especially since the flash only takes like 10-15 minutes :D "

Thanks for the quick response neocosino!

In Device Manager I have listed Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller (I guess that is standard enhanced as opposed to enhanced enhanced, lol) then I have Standard OpenHCD Host Controller. Now I am kind of wondering if this means I have both 1.1 and 2.0 USB ports, and if so how do I make sure I am on a 2.0 port?

Point taken regarding closing unnecessary programs, a couple of years ago when I bricked the Treo (luckily they exchanged it) I did not exit everything I could have.

Edited by bmn4711

Guest bmn4711
necosino Posted Yesterday, 21:16 I would say that you have 2.0. Pretty sure if it was first gen it wouldn't say enhanced at all ;)

Hi neocosino,

I just wanted to report back that I sucessfully flashed phone, thanks for your help here!

Now to try some of the fancier updates :D

Guest elsol77

In the first post you mention installing "the drivers". What are "the drivers"? This is probably a stupid question, but I don't want to make any mistakes. Thanks in advance for helping the rook.

Guest necosino
In the first post you mention installing "the drivers". What are "the drivers"? This is probably a stupid question, but I don't want to make any mistakes. Thanks in advance for helping the rook.

Drivers are files that allow Windows (On your computer) to "talk" to your hardware (The Omnia).

Guest elsol77
Drivers are files that allow Windows (On your computer) to "talk" to your hardware (The Omnia).

Yes, thank you Necosino. I do understand what drivers are, I just didn't know if there was a specific driver I was looking for, that's all. Thank you for your help. I just flashed to CC20 and got my gps working. This forum ROCKS! THanks again.

Guest necosino
Yes, thank you Necosino. I do understand what drivers are, I just didn't know if there was a specific driver I was looking for, that's all. Thank you for your help. I just flashed to CC20 and got my gps working. This forum ROCKS! THanks again.

Haha, I never take anything for granted. I get people on here that don't know what a .rar or .zip file are.. >.<

Guest nmayer79

Hey Necosino when it says to disable activesync usb connections on your computer what exactly does it mean. consider myself pretty tech savy (dont we all) but must admit i havent a clue how to check that.

Guest barnkat

Thanks to all the info on this thread. I flashed my omnia and am so happy I can now use Google Maps and other programs utilizing the gps. You all are great! ;)