Sample Photos & Video

Guest surethom

Can all photo samples & videos be places here, hopefully day light & low light shots. cant wait to see what the quality is like compared to the i900 & iphone are they any better.

Only seeing is be leaving.

Attached photo is from another user on another site..

:)

post-526082-1248466546_thumb.jpg

Guest luxury

omnia 2 's picture and video taking is much improved from omnia 1.

all colors are richer and vibrant, videos are high quality, smooth and double the fps of omnia 1.

omnia 2 default video format = mp4, not 3gp. i convert to wmv.

videos from link below will open in windows media player.

Mediafire link for 3 fireworks and paratroopers vids

Edited by luxury

can you guys please upload some sample video?

i hope the video's taken by omnia ii arent as poor as the original.

Thanks ! gives some interesting result: sound is with AAC 16 KHz samplerate, that's a big improvement to the AMR at 8KHz samplerate used at Omnia 1. Still 1950's, amazing how these companies cripple sound quality!

You have 64 kbps sound at a 1500 kbps video ...... Why not make it 48 KHz samplerate, you think......

Framerate is great, i notice some drops, but might be due to the storage space used, on the Omnia 1 you had the best result using a Sandisk Ultra external sd card, the internal storage ("My Storage") was much slower than this. Or in your case active sync was just checking emails or so.

My Omnia II will arrive this week , will update on the exact results then. Would be interesting to see if they improved zooming to act before encoding (preserving resolution) and if the framerate holds up against dark scenes.

Cheerz, Joozzt

Guest luxury
The videos werent too bad(not as good as i expected either), at least the framerate is better than the original omnia.

omnia2's cam n vids performs better in the day than night, mb cuz it keeps capturing light through the sensor?

at least video recording and playing doesn't lag like omnia 1 and isnt blurry.

Edited by luxury

Guest somedude
omnia2's cam n vids performs better in the day than night, mb cuz it keeps capturing light through the sensor?

at least video recording and playing doesn't lag like omnia 1 and isnt blurry.

what settings were used for the videos?

Guest FerdiBorbon

Heres a perfect encode for touchplayer...touchplayer still lags even playing even the helicopter demo....but i got a good HD quality encode for visual pleasure, hopefully samsung release a rom to really accelerate video performance in the future :)

GI_Joe.part1.rar

Guest somedude
Heres a perfect encode for touchplayer...touchplayer still lags even playing even the helicopter demo....but i got a good HD quality encode for visual pleasure, hopefully samsung release a rom to really accelerate video performance in the future :)

That video showed no lag on my i910. Have you tried using coreplayer?

Edited by somedude

Guest FerdiBorbon
That video showed no lag on my i910. Have you tried using coreplayer?

yeah coreplayer on my Omnia i900 does play smoothly regardless of what file format/encode ...because coreplayer set on Intelxscale plays movies on it well..

Ive got coreplayer but it only plays directshow and is laggy as hell... touchplayer on the i8000 atleast utilizes the hardware acceleration for movies...but is still not up to par with my i900...

A bit of a let down as my i900 was my everyday movie player...and i thought the i8000 would be more superior, well one thing is the large screen and resolution plus the colors on the amoled screen makes movies really look HD :)...if it only played smoothly and properly supported h264 this would be the best!

Guest somedude
yeah coreplayer on my Omnia i900 does play smoothly regardless of what file format/encode ...because coreplayer set on Intelxscale plays movies on it well..

Ive got coreplayer but it only plays directshow and is laggy as hell... touchplayer on the i8000 atleast utilizes the hardware acceleration for movies...but is still not up to par with my i900...

A bit of a let down as my i900 was my everyday movie player...and i thought the i8000 would be more superior, well one thing is the large screen and resolution plus the colors on the amoled screen makes movies really look HD :) ...if it only played smoothly and properly supported h264 this would be the best!

whoa, that is a huge letdown..I am not sure if i even want this phone anymore now ;).

But it seems like the i8000 was able to play this file just fine:

Guest FerdiBorbon
whoa, that is a huge letdown..I am not sure if i even want this phone anymore now :).

But it seems like the i8000 was able to play this file just fine:

i wouldnt say dont get the phone...the i8000 is a big upgrade imho just the camera quality improvement, .5' larger screen, more responsive touchscreen, battery improvements, and amoled colors, stronger gps too many to list that are good...

that video demo on that link does lag slightly too, the videos are not that bad to the point you cannot watch a movie, im just very picky when it comes to perfect playback for my vidoes..

Guest somedude
i wouldnt say dont get the phone...the i8000 is a big upgrade imho just the camera quality improvement, .5' larger screen, more responsive touchscreen, battery improvements, and amoled colors, stronger gps too many to list that are good...

that video demo on that link does lag slightly too, the videos are not that bad to the point you cannot watch a movie, im just very picky when it comes to perfect playback for my vidoes..

stronger gps? do you mean you get faster locks?

does the phone still heat up real bad when using gps?

Guest shokka9

just to bear in mind for all the people on the fence...

This is current firmware, probably old also, by a few months. Same with the Windows build...little old too.

When the updates come, the Omnia II will improve.

Trust Me

:)

Guest luxury
what settings were used for the videos?

default settings.

and avi movies dont lag at all for me

but then i use coreplayer, havent even tried the new touch player 

shokka, get one and make a 6.5 rom plz! xDD

faster than waiting for their ever delayed official bloatwared 6.5

Edited by luxury

Guest somedude
default settings.

and avi movies dont lag at all for me

but then i use coreplayer, havent even tried the new touch player

shokka, get one and make a 6.5 rom plz! xDD

faster than waiting for their ever delayed official bloatwared 6.5

so are the default settings 720 x 480?

Guest Quist09

I've been looking everywhere for a comment on the speed of snapping stills with the i8000. I thought my i900 was OK, but there was slight delay that made it hard to capture good pics of my kids plus I had a lot of noise in the photos, even outdoors.

"Upgraded" or rather took a side step to the Touch HD for its larger screen and stability, but the camera on it basically sucked big time. Totally impossible to take pics of the kids, extremely poor colour reproduction and often had focus problems even outdoors.

A few months back I got the i8910 and LOVE the camera. HD video is instable and prone to dropped frames, meaning if I make videos, I use D1 anyway. The 8mpix sensor is super as I like to take snaps in wide screen 6mpix to fit my widescreen TV. And the speed! Snapping pics of the kids is absolutely no problems and 9 times out of 10 they turn out really good. Downside - Symbian.

So the i8000 camera is an improvement over the i900? Does that hold true for the speed of taking stills or is there still a shutter delay many people attribute to WinMo?

Guest FerdiBorbon
I've been looking everywhere for a comment on the speed of snapping stills with the i8000. I thought my i900 was OK, but there was slight delay that made it hard to capture good pics of my kids plus I had a lot of noise in the photos, even outdoors.

"Upgraded" or rather took a side step to the Touch HD for its larger screen and stability, but the camera on it basically sucked big time. Totally impossible to take pics of the kids, extremely poor colour reproduction and often had focus problems even outdoors.

A few months back I got the i8910 and LOVE the camera. HD video is instable and prone to dropped frames, meaning if I make videos, I use D1 anyway. The 8mpix sensor is super as I like to take snaps in wide screen 6mpix to fit my widescreen TV. And the speed! Snapping pics of the kids is absolutely no problems and 9 times out of 10 they turn out really good. Downside - Symbian.

So the i8000 camera is an improvement over the i900? Does that hold true for the speed of taking stills or is there still a shutter delay many people attribute to WinMo?

I believe the camera has improved as it takes the shots very quickly, i know what you mean with the delay snap shot with the i900 i had issues with that too..

here is a shot outside my place, you can decide, i have set the camera at +1 to cont,sat,sharp... you judge it :)

post-477113-1248781776_thumb.jpg