Omnia II i8000 Flashing ROM Procedure

Guest previa

Guest melmobile

Can u please tell me

I have choose all files into downloader.

I have followed the instruction, but OCTANS will stop responding after I turn off the phone?

and now

anytime i unplug the usb cable, windows vista will say "WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER" has stop working???

Guest melmobile

Sorry, but will anyone please help?

I have installed the Samsung CDMA Modem

I have also run the OCTAN downloader

but I don't know what to do with VISTA driver??

I keep on trying, and everytime when I Power Off my phone after choosing the files. OCTAN will shut down by itself says "not responding"

please help out a newbie..

Sorry, but will anyone please help?

I have installed the Samsung CDMA Modem

I have also run the OCTAN downloader

but I don't know what to do with VISTA driver??

I keep on trying, and everytime when I Power Off my phone after choosing the files. OCTAN will shut down by itself says "not responding"

please help out a newbie..

do not take a risk. just flash using XP

Guest melmobile

i tried it, but it said the method does not support.

no luck at all... if anyone comes up with a way of flashing with windows vista, please update here. thanks in advance.

Guest dinfung
i tried it, but it said the method does not support.

no luck at all... if anyone comes up with a way of flashing with windows vista, please update here. thanks in advance.

i got the same error msg, i am running vista x64, any idea? many thanks

Guest melmobile

no luck at all, i finally get window xp to flash it. and it worked, flash the i8000 successfully.

not going to spend too much time trying it on vista...

but what are the rom difference?

which one is the newest?

Guest monyozt
no luck at all, i finally get window xp to flash it. and it worked, flash the i8000 successfully.

not going to spend too much time trying it on vista...

but what are the rom difference?

which one is the newest?

the newest one is H9

Guest willdmo

Good to know, but i think that it will cause problems for me, because i cant read/speak one word in chinese, so i have to wait for an german/english/russian/hungarian version...

Is there any possibillity to flash with Vista or Windows 7? i read here only of people who had big trouble with that... downloaded the stuff what they offered here, but fear to destroy my device, because the instruction as i understood was only for the XP SP3 Version

Edited by willdmo

Guest dinfung
Good to know, but i think that it will cause problems for me, because i cant read/speak one word in chinese, so i have to wait for an german/english/russian/hungarian version...

Is there any possibillity to flash with Vista or Windows 7? i read here only of people who had big trouble with that... downloaded the stuff what they offered here, but fear to destroy my device, because the instruction as i understood was only for the XP SP3 Version

i been trying everything i find online with my vista x64, so far no luck. i just been flashing with my gf work laptop, as all our laptop at home are vista.

Guest demon-knight

How to add driver for Vista and Windows 7

Guide to add driver 32bit only:-

Open control panel

Open device manager

Right click your computer at top of tree

Click next

Click add legacy hardware

Click Install hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)

Click next

Click show all devices

Click next

Click have disk

Browse to where your driver is select it then click ok.

Your driver should now be installed.

Edited by demon-knight

Guest Montgommery

Doesnt work on Vista Ultimate 32 Bit german

Im getting message:

"There is no compatible driver at that folder. Please make shure that this driver is suitable for "windows for 32-bit-systems" (translated from german language)

Guest inmatrixout
Come from KingMobile "Cook ROM Tool" I don"t know this is true or fake. anyway maybe some one can study and verify that :)

I think that this is the kitchen for i900

Guest previa

This Tooling was come from KM and they had a lot of reply said it can be work on I8000 Omnia II ROM. I will ask them provide some data to verify that, hope they can reply to me :)

Some pictures are show on as below

post-454755-1254742940_thumb.jpg

post-454755-1254742953_thumb.jpg

post-454755-1254742971_thumb.jpg

Edited by previa

Guest dinfung
Doesnt work on Vista Ultimate 32 Bit german

Im getting message:

"There is no compatible driver at that folder. Please make shure that this driver is suitable for "windows for 32-bit-systems" (translated from german language)

not working on my 64bit business also, getting the same error, but state for 64-bit-systems at the end

Guest GeneNZ

As stated in many guides, only use Windows XP SP3. You apparantly can use Vista or Win7 if you follow one of the guides above to install the appropriate drivers, but personally I'm not going to risk bricking my phone just to try it on Vista or Win7. Although I'm in a unique situation where I have access to many laptops and different OS licenses, so its not hard for me to knock up a clean install of WinXP and use that laptop purely for flashing my phone.

The G7 firmware doesn't come with a CSC file. As a result your existing CSC file will be kept and used. i.e. there isn't any issue with leaving it out.

Edited by GeneNZ

Guest nudream
I had flashed with vista and it sometime work and sometime don't.

Don't know why.

Thought I had bricked my i8000H.

I then used an XP com to redo with the phone showing computer and HP and it work.

I went service centre to upgrade to the newer software. Lucky, it's ok now. Sh1+ in my pants..... Lol.

But i still wanna know step by step on how to flash the phone. Lotsa useless things which is undeletable.

I think the new s/w is quite ok for now.

PDA: I8000XXIH3

CSC: I8000XSOIH1

PHONE: I8000DXIH2

Does the new rom uses more or lesser memory? I forgot to check. But now, my main storage has only 114MB free.

Thanks.

Guest Montgommery

It seems Windows XP SP3 german will not detect i8000 after installation of CDMA Modem driver 4.34

Also the Vista driver will not be installed successfully on Vista 32Bit Ultimate German...

Can anyone confirm?

Guest lucian1

VISTA work to flash the new rom only with this file: CSC,PDA ,PHONE. With EBOOT file dont work give sam eror end stopet octans program.

http://img188.imageshack.us/i/20092009001.jpg/

http://img21.imageshack.us/i/20092009003.jpg/

Is not recommend to flasing EBOOT file everi time because is dangerous , i dont know wi. This is my experience. Sory for my poor english bad i want to help.