OpenGL ES 3D drivers, v1 compatibility layer

Guest daskalos

It seems Schaps TouchExperience UI will be out this March, and it's simply amazing (running in his HD2)

4347926723_8950217edf.jpg

Schaps also mentioned that it runs with the new 3D engine developed but I suspect that it's on OpenGL 1.0, for "older" devices (Diamond and Touch Pro) we're some beta testers' devices...

If that's the case, hope the drivers will easily run it :D

Edited by daskalos

Guest GinKage
Does anyone know why the OpenGL version of S2P crashes? It appears to be loading the OpenGL dll from this forum...but then crashes...

It doesn't crash. It calls eglWaitNative, then eglGetDisplay, then eglGetError (resulting in EGL_SUCCESS), and after that does nothing. It keeps hanging in the process list, but doesn't even create a window for itself, and doesn't call any GL functions either.

So, atm I don't know what's wrong, or if it is a GL issue at all.

Scratch that, an updated version (v0.26) that works with S2P is now available at the usual place.

Edited by GinKage

Guest SolarChainsaw

OMG this is is incredible! i just regged to the forums to download this ... seems like a good place 2 b anyways :D

have not researched about tweaking my m900 for some month now .... yesterday i found out about overclocking is now possible, now i c this extremely improved driver, good job dude, truly!

btw, i just installed Xtrakt to find out how it works, and i must say while overclocked the performance on my m900 is awesome!

im looking forward to find out about all the other application who take advantage of this :D

cheers

Guest oldnnwise
As for your problem, I rather think it's an issue with Samsung's GL2 driver than with compatibility layer: the layer simply doesn't allocate memory, although GL2 driver does. Ergo, I can't and won't fix it.

I reported to SAMSUNG that GL2 Driver has memory leak problem.

But, they said GL2 driver has no leakage of memory, and thought that the layer has a memory leak.

as I mentioned, just calling glBindTexture makes a memory leak with the layer.

How can I solve my problem?

Guest lantony
It doesn't crash. It calls eglWaitNative, then eglGetDisplay, then eglGetError (resulting in EGL_SUCCESS), and after that does nothing. It keeps hanging in the process list, but doesn't even create a window for itself, and doesn't call any GL functions either.

So, atm I don't know what's wrong, or if it is a GL issue at all.

Scratch that, an updated version (v0.26) that works with S2P is now available at the usual place.

cool, it works with this version. It's incredibly slow but at least it works :D

soory if i'm totally missing the point here (long day at work) but i have the 0.258 cab installed, what do i have to do with this 0.26 zip that just got released? unzip and copy to the windows folder?

reason i ask is because on the first post it says to rename it, do i have to rename it according to the first post or just copy and go

?

Guest Darkmattr
Omnia 2 gl info/benchmark

This is so sad considering the potential power of this device....makes me sad.... :( :( :(

Unfortunately this is not an isolated issue with Samsung but rather seems to be a industry wide issue though I suspect the reason is multi-tiered, and while o won't get into the detail of mobile driver performance or lack-thereof just know your HTC loving comrades have been dealing with this for years..

Darkmattr Level *classified* Google Minion / HTC Revolution commander

Guest GinKage
soory if i'm totally missing the point here (long day at work) but i have the 0.258 cab installed, what do i have to do with this 0.26 zip that just got released? unzip and copy to the windows folder?

reason i ask is because on the first post it says to rename it, do i have to rename it according to the first post or just copy and go?

Just unzip it to \Windows folder.

Guest lukexda

Hi, I'm a developer trying to get open gl es 2.0 to work on my samsung i8000 with wm6.5. Nice work on getting the 1.0 driver to work for so many apps by the way.

Have people had this driver working on wm6.5 ok? Can anybody point me to any C++ projects with source that work with this driver? or even better, that work with gl es 2.0 on the i8000?

I want to do some development on my new phone, but am not having any luck so far. I using the libGLES_CM lib with some old projects I did that worked on the HTC Blackstone with opengl es 1.0 with no luck. Not that suprising since I was toing a few complicated things which may not work so well. So, I decided to just go back to basics and get a basic app working, and move to opengl es 2.0, which is what I bought the phone to mess around with. I'm making iPhone games, but I much prefere to use windows mobile as my dev platform, its a bit of messing around to get started with the lack of docs and help and bugs, but once you get going, it is so much faster to develope with.

Anyway, my problem is very simple. No matter what I try eglCreateWindowSurface crashes.

EGLint cfg_attribs[] = 
{
EGL_RED_SIZE, 5,
EGL_GREEN_SIZE, 6,
EGL_BLUE_SIZE, 5,
EGL_DEPTH_SIZE, 16,
EGL_SURFACE_TYPE, EGL_WINDOW_BIT,
EGL_STENCIL_SIZE, EGL_DONT_CARE,
EGL_NONE, EGL_NONE
};
HDC windowDC = GetDC(g_hWnd);
dpy = eglGetDisplay(windowDC);
eglInitialize(dpy, &major, &minor);
EGLConfig nConfig = 0;
eglChooseConfig(dpy, cfg_attribs, &nConfig, 1, &config_count);
surface = eglCreateWindowSurface(dpy, nConfig, g_hWnd, NULL); // crash happens here[/codebox]

There was some post about this on the samsung dev forums, but it wasn't really answered very well. The developer claimed he used an older version of libEGL.dll from wm6.1 to make it work. I downloaded the version of libEGL.dll posted at the start of this thread, and put it in the folder of my app. But no luck. (I'm not sure if it is the right version, if if it is being ignored, or if it just doesn't help either way)

Also, I have an App called "TestOpenGl" which is a C# app that appears targeted at the HTC Blackstone. Interestingly enough, that seems to work fine when adding the libGLES_CM.dll from this thread. I have looked at the source code of the dll, and it looks like it pretty much directly wraps the above EGL functions i am using. The C# code is also pretty much identical to the C++ code I am using. The only difference I can see is that my g_hWnd is created with a C++ funciton call rather then a handle C# form thingy. I can't guess any reason why this C# TestOpenGl app works, but my very simple initialisation code crashes with eglCreateWindowSurface.

Anybody with any ideas? suggestions? Things to try? Anybody with similar problems?

Its pretty frustrating when the basic simple stuff that should just work crashes with no error message.

Guest defaultBR

thanks for who is working in this :( nice

ginkage, if i want to cook a rom with it on i have to only put the file in or i have to change the name and overwrite something?

thanks

Guest GinKage
Ginkage, has this project been backburnered, or are you still adding functionality?

Only a little. The latest additions were dedicated to S2P and HTC Sense 2.5.

Guest GinKage
Have people had this driver working on wm6.5 ok? Can anybody point me to any C++ projects with source that work with this driver? or even better, that work with gl es 2.0 on the i8000?

Look at this example, it should work in both GL 1.0 and 2.0 modes...

Guest lukexda
Look at this example, it should work in both GL 1.0 and 2.0 modes...

Awesome, that seems to work. I remember, I saw that source once before, and thought it was just a part of the driver then forgot about it. Cool little demo. Would have made my life a bit easier if there was a .sln file that worked for it out of the box, but doesn't matter, I got it working.

Now to find out what the difference is with that code and mine that means this one works...

Thanks a lot

Guest GinKage
ginkage, if i want to cook a rom with it on i have to only put the file in or i have to change the name and overwrite something?

Just putting libgles_cm.dll should be fine. It may also be useful to put libgles_cl.dll aside (you may take it from the .cab file at first post).

Guest lukexda
Awesome, that seems to work. I remember, I saw that source once before, and thought it was just a part of the driver then forgot about it. Cool little demo. Would have made my life a bit easier if there was a .sln file that worked for it out of the box, but doesn't matter, I got it working.

Now to find out what the difference is with that code and mine that means this one works...

Thanks a lot

Answering my own post...

I just found some more time to look into this again, and my results seem a bit odd.

After a lot of different experements, I have finally found that if I add the libGLES_CM project directly in my Visual Studio solution and statically link it in, then make atleast one function call, then my crash goes away. I even added an empty function to libGLES_CM to call and that worked for me.

I'm pretty confused now. I don't know if this is just a random bug that just went away randomly because of this change, or if something special is happening by linking in this library. I guess I need to look into it before, but for now, I have too many other things to do.

Thanks again.