Flashlight

Guest Flooder

This is a simple fix. Create a shortcut to the test program LCDTest.exe (this is also where the compass is). One of the buttons on that page is "megacam". When pressed the camera's flash light comes on and stays on until you press the end call key. Then press end again to exit the LCD Test page.

No app, no editing, just a perfect flash light! I LOVE THIS PHONE!! ;)

Guest Delvius

Yo,

Today I could finally start writing programs for Windows Mobile. The first program I wanted to write was something to control the flashlight and so I did. At the moment it is pretty much just toying around but I thought someone might have some use of it so I should publish it.

Still not perfect... working on it ;) .

Specially written for the I8000, but should run on every device with SMI SDK 2.0+ and WVGA. It needs the SDK 2.0+ and Compact Framework 3.5 to work.

Tested and working on my I8000 (German, Unbranded official J9) with SDK 2.0 and Compact Framework 3.5.

Flashlight.exe

Edited by Delvius

This is a simple fix. Create a shortcut to the test program LCDTest.exe (this is also where the compass is). One of the buttons on that page is "megacam". When pressed the camera's flash light comes on and stays on until you press the end call key. Then press end again to exit the LCD Test page.

No app, no editing, just a perfect flash light! I LOVE THIS PHONE!! ;)

Flooder, what a great idea. I had unsuccessfully tried several programs and fixes that have worked on other phones, even the Omnia 2 i8000, but would not work on the i920. Your method is so simple even for a computer illiterate like myself. All I had to do was google how to create a shortcut. Thank you.

Guest Flooder
Flooder, what a great idea. I had unsuccessfully tried several programs and fixes that have worked on other phones, even the Omnia 2 i8000, but would not work on the i920. Your method is so simple even for a computer illiterate like myself. All I had to do was google how to create a shortcut. Thank you.

I'm just glad I started pushing buttons in my usual, "Gee I wonder what this does" mode ;)

Enjoy!

Guest 07aspenx
I'm just glad I started pushing buttons in my usual, "Gee I wonder what this does" mode :)

Enjoy!

Nice fine Flooder! Not only do I have the flash lite, but I also have the compass to play around with.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rleo6965
For those of you getting an error message, you'll need to use notepad or a text editor to edit the shortcut file to point to the right path.

If you intend to put in My Storage, you need to change the text in shortcut to:

55#"\My Storage\Flash Light\Flash_Light.exe"

and obviously for Storage Card:

55#"\Storage Card\Flash Light\Flash_Light.exe"

You could also put in the main device, wherever you like, just make sure the shortcut points to the right path.

Ed

Flash_light works intermittently in my Omnia2. I have to ran it from \flash_light folder. Now I have 3 copies of "shortcut of Flah_light.exe" in my START Menu. How do I removed it? Thanks in advance.

Guest Dblocker
Flash_light works intermittently in my Omnia2. I have to ran it from \flash_light folder. Now I have 3 copies of "shortcut of Flah_light.exe" in my START Menu. How do I removed it? Thanks in advance.

Just use the excellent O2Compass app; it includes the Flashlight function along with a nice digital compass. Works great on my O2.

Guest rleo6965

@wes58

Since I wanted to have a Flash light to work the same way as in Omnia I900 I have decided to write a little application that does it. It can be installed to any location you choose.

- You can assign it to any available button (through WM settings).

- When you press the button (or click on the shortcut) the flash will switch on.

- After a preset time (default is set to 4 sec) or after a second press of the button the flash will turn off.

The timeout can be set manually in the registry by changing the value of the key "Timeout" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Torch. The setting is in ms so, 4000 equals to 4 sec. time out. If someone wants to try it, feel free.

Thanks wes58. It works on my Omnia2. Set timeout to 10 sec and assign "button1 hold" to enable it. I'll include it as one of my "important utility. :)

Edited by rleo6965

Guest Chrono1684
For those of you getting an error message, you'll need to use notepad or a text editor to edit the shortcut file to point to the right path.

You could also put in the main device, wherever you like, just make sure the shortcut points to the right path.

Ed

Can you explain what you mean by using notepad to edit the shortcut file to point it to the right path. I don't know what that means. I know it is to save the shortcut in the right file, but I don't understand how to get the shortcut there using notepad. Can someone explain that for me? Thanks.

Guest mccmjoon76
Thanks for your sharing MaliciousKen! It work perfectly months ago on my Singapore Omnia-2.

Because I like very much, I'd helped to repack it as a CAB installation file. Hope it does help some newbie. :)

Omnia_2_Flash_Light.cab

Thanks brother..work perfect on my Omnia 2 nice apps.. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest CrustySkull
Extract the attached folder to my storage or storage card.

Move the shortcut in the folder to device\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

go to start-settings-personal settings-buttons

map one of the button to flash light

I have an Omnia 2 i920 and I've tried everything I can think of to get the flashlight to work. I've downloaded 4 different ones and none work. ; ;

Any suggestions?

Guest Astracat_95
Hi everyone,

I used my asus p 535 for two years and bought omnia II a while ago and I used samsung u600 for a while both of them can use their flash like a flashlight on asus you can press and hold the task switcher key flash turns on till you close. on u 600 press and hold the upper volume control button it starts working

I wonder to know if omnia two has code or app for using its flash like a flashlite thanks for everyone.

There are some solutions but not proper for omnia II

Have you tried this, see http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-o2compass.html

It comes with a compass and flash light, using the LED's on your phone.

I found it to be very useful!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sdtechie
I have noticed on Samsung website that there is a new SDK which supports GT-B7610 Omnia Pro. I didn't have a look what functions it supports but hopefully the flashlight as well. If I have a little time I will try to recompile my application with this new SDK and post it here so you can try it again.

Edit:

Ok, I recompiled it with the new SDK so try if it works. According to Samsung new API supports GT-B7610 Omnia Pro, GT-B7620 Armani, GT-I8000 Omnia II, SCH-i920 Omnia II. So this should work with those phones.

Thanks wes58. It works great on my Verizon Omnia II SCH-i920.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Saloei
Can you explain what you mean by using notepad to edit the shortcut file to point it to the right path. I don't know what that means. I know it is to save the shortcut in the right file, but I don't understand how to get the shortcut there using notepad. Can someone explain that for me? Thanks.

To create the correct target location shortcut for the Flashlight program,

First:

1.Activsync your phone.

2.navigate to the folder where the Flashlight program was installed.

3.right click the flashlight.EXE file and choose Create Shortcut.

4.right click shortcut and CUT shortcut you created.

5.Navigate to \Windows\Start Menu\Program Files folder in your phone and Paste.

Edited by Saloei

• 2 months later...
Guest kbitsik
Since I wanted to have a Flash light to work the same way as in Omnia I900 I have decided to write a little application that does it. It can be installed to any location you choose.

- When you press the button (or click on the shortcut) the flash will switch on. 

- After a preset time (default is set to 4 sec) or after a second press of the button the flash will turn off. 

The timeout can be set manually in the registry by changing the value of the key "Timeout" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Torch. The setting is in ms so, 4000 equals to 4 sec. time out. If someone wants to try it, feel free.

Thank you very much!!! I was looking for that simle application like crazy!

:)

Tried on Omnia II 8GB, works !!! Changed Registry value to 10000, works also accordingly.

TQ

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dj_banderas

Thak you very very much :P :D :D :P

• 4 months later...
Guest yaadein70

Ed

thanks man a lot.....http://www.modaco.com/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

• 5 months later...
Guest taopok321

hey my phone is the Samsung Omnia Pro II B7330. means that it doesnt have a LED flashlight to use. i tried using your app and realised that its only applicable for LED-equipped phones. is there one that uses the screen as a flashlight instead?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hey my phone is the Samsung Omnia Pro II B7330. means that it doesnt have a LED flashlight to use. i tried using your app and realised that its only applicable for LED-equipped phones. is there one that uses the screen as a flashlight instead?

thanks

Hello, have you tried this one posted by Khisha on page 3?

I use it on my I8000 and it gives you an option to either use the LED flashlight or choose different screen colors to use as a flashlight

I'm not sure if it will work on your B7330 but you can give it a try

TorchPlus_lamp.cab

Credit to master Sorg for core application and alex.shastov from 4pda.ru for graphics.

Edited by Leeds