PDAclan has cooking information!!

Guest powser

They are trying to gather a small team of knowledgable peeps to make better firmwares, anyway for most thread related to custom roms at kingmobile, the majority of replies are one liners saying "I support you!!".

There are no new instructions or anything. Maybe khuanchai can ask specifically which part of rom packing he is stuck at?

And tacchan don't feel too bad, after spending 25 years in a semi-chinese environment with >10 years of Chinese education, I am still not proficient at Chinese at all. But enough to read and understand forums slowly of course. :)

Guest Khuanchai
There are no new instructions or anything. Maybe khuanchai can ask specifically which part of rom packing he is stuck at?

And tacchan don't feel too bad, after spending 25 years in a semi-chinese environment with >10 years of Chinese education, I am still not proficient at Chinese at all. But enough to read and understand forums slowly of course. :)

There are 3 steps of ROM cooking:

1. Extract OS.nb from original ROM

2. Cook and pack all files/modules to new OS.nb

3. Pack Header, OS.nb and LANGPACK back to a flashable file

I think we can use pako's tool for the first step and many kitchen tools can be used for the second step. We need a clear instruction for the third step.

I don't understand Chinese al all so can't ask the question in those threads. :D

I think we can use pako's tool for the first step and many kitchen tools can be used for the second step. We need a clear instruction for the third step.

I don't understand Chinese al all so can't ask the question in those threads. :)

i already sent PM to Gigges, ask him to help us for the 3rd part very nicely and with all the respect, but still havent heard from him, not even a single word. "sigh"

i already sent PM to Gigges, ask him to help us for the 3rd part very nicely and with all the respect, but still havent heard from him, not even a single word. "sigh"

if someone has the link of where weison has posted how to pack the ROM to flashable file, plz post it here, i'll try my best to translate it.

I don't understand Chinese al all so can't ask the question in those threads. :)

I just PM him and ask for his help to explain how to combine and construct the flashable rom. Hope he will reply soon, and I'll post the result here.

I just PM him and ask for his help to explain how to combine and construct the flashable rom. Hope he will reply soon, and I'll post the result here.

already did 2 days ago, and nothing so far. but u might be lucky than me. :)

if someone has the link of where weison has posted how to pack the ROM to flashable file, plz post it here, i'll try my best to translate it.

The link is here

http://www.inv.org/viewthread.php?tid=3039...%3Btypeid%3D106

You need to sign in to see the pictures.

KSTAN has done a translated version, but maybe it is still not clear enough. Sorry I also dont know how to translate some technical word to make it more clear, I'll try to find a glossary to help :)

Also on Kingmobile someone is recruiting members to cook and test the rom. If someone here has joined that group he may provide more first-hand info

Also on Kingmobile someone is recruiting members to cook and test the rom. If someone here has joined that group he may provide more first-hand info

did that too, lol... saw u applied too, :)

shoot, just spent 10 min. reading that and it made me dizzy as hell :) ..... am sorry that i couldnt be more helpfull. i will try to translate those stuff and alone with pic.but for now i've noticed that weisun and acwan from pdaclan.com have modified a imgfsfromdump and according to acwan " from now on we can insert anything into ROM". thats it for now and i will keep u guys updated ASAP, kinda busy at work. P.S. i dont know nothing about cooking and am a newbie in this world plz bear with me. plz dont shout at me if i did something wrong, just try to do my part. thanks

post-422854-1258251956_thumb.jpg

ImgfsFromDump_BigRom_1024.rar

update 1

just quickly translated repacking part by google translator, coz i dont know how to translate some of the technical terms (sorry) and 11/7 update from weisun at pdaclan.com ok, here it gose

RestorePDA.NB0

It is also more crucial step: the

** [font=-->Restore:

a)[font=-->The following diagram:

post-422854-1258252939_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lancez

To wait a little while, the following will produce results, and can see that the figure brown box that is, it fills the top. PRE[font=-->(Figure above red box, the same should pay attention to byte reverse), Save complete.

post-422854-1258254048_thumb.jpg

11/7 update from pdaclan.com

Would not necessarily change due to MBR, while the osnbtool not support the length and mbr does not match the rom, so we must fill with 010editor original pda.nb0.os.nb to osnbtool that the legal size. x as follows:

1, with 010 to open the original pda.nb0.os.nb, drag the scroll bar to the end of the file, note the length of the original value, in this case 0x13576800, the following diagram:

plz see pic1 below

2, 010 select the menu Edit -> Set file size, in the pop-up box filled 1B200000 (This value is calculated according to mbr the correct length, is greater than it would have no problem), all other things the following diagram fill in, and then OK Save: (Note: If you do not know how big the file should be set to the value of these can be as large as possible, greater than or equal length, osnbtool can support, but do not too much, for fear too much PC memory. Here is the example of China Unicom i1 of the rom, other versions of the rom usually slightly larger in this order of magnitude can be basically) plz see pic2 below

3, the Executive osnbtool-c pda.nb0.os.nb 2 imgfe.new (assuming this is a new change imgfe.new size imgfs), you can see the implementation of successful, and the new became the pda.nb0.os. nb.new, this pda.nb0.os.nb.new because it is osnbtool generated, so has the length of the MBR according to the new imgfs modified.

4, restore pda.nb0.os.nb.new to the non-standard length, with 010 to open a new generation pda.nb0.os.nb.new, re Set file size, you can first try the original rom in length, where that is, 0x13576800 (fill in the box when you do not have to write "0x"), you can try to delete a file with 010 at the end of watching more FF fill section to reduce the file size, but to pay attention to this length to be able to be 0x1F800 divisible.

After the Save, modify. PRE, copy / b + u can try to flash ur phone.

post-422854-1258254570_thumb.jpg

post-422854-1258254588_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lancez

Guest Khuanchai

Lancez, do you still have the single executable file for a chinese ROM? Could you please upload it? I'm thinking that we may not be at the same page with people who are making the chinese ROM.

did u get reply from Gigges?

I'm not the one who messaged giggles. I'm just wondering which part Khuanchai is stuck at..

As far as i know, kingmobile people didn't use any different step in reconstructing the rom from the already posted one.

Maybe if we know which part Khuanchai is stuck at, then maybe we can try to retranslate that specific part?

And also, kingmobile people used I3 for the custom rom, not I1 (which is the single executable). The I3 download address is given in a post at kingmobile forums but you need to download some namipan program which I don't have.

@Khuanchai

I don't know if it's useful for you, but the TFAT partition (containing langpack) in chinese wm6.1 rom is not present in chinese wm6.5 rom and no longer needed (not sure about english wm6.5 roms). From what I know, you mentioned you had a problem about langauage pack earlier.... hope it's useful.

Edited by powser

Guest Wilson@China

From my understanding, the procedure is almost same as what we did for HTC devices.

1: Split the OS.nb portion from nb0 file.

2: Dump the file to the folder

3: Modify the files/modules (plus or minus)

4: Relocate the memory information

5: Imgfsfromdump to pack the dumped folder to os.nb file.

(Here need the modified excution file as the folder size is consdered "too big"), the tool already posted.

6: Correct the Chesum and MBR information to pass the validation then can flash O2.

If I am correct, only the step6 is attitional compared with the metohd for HTC devices. Step5 is actually same but a modified tool.

The way to correct Chesum error is showing just above and for MBR correction, I had translated and posted in this thread.

Sorry I was too busy this weekend so didn't follow this thread very closely.

Guest Wilson@China
Lancez, do you still have the single executable file for a chinese ROM? Could you please upload it? I'm thinking that we may not be at the same page with people who are making the chinese ROM.

Hi, Khuanchai

Here is the download link for the Chinese II3 ROM, you need to install a plug-in before you can download. And there is password for extraction the RAR file: 移动帝国最新ROM发布

http://www.namipan.com/d/I8000U.rar/090d61...67f0988cc96430f

The password is in Chinese(red color words), please try to copy/paste to see if it works or not.

Edited by Wilson@China

Hi, Khuanchai

Here is the download link for the Chinese II3 ROM, you need to install a plug-in before you can download. And there is password for extraction the RAR file: 移动帝国最新ROM发布

The password is in Chinese(red color words), please try to copy/paste to see if it works or not.

Hi, i think you forgot the link :)

Guest tacchan23

Maybe someone with good chinese knowledge (and some free time^^) could get in contact with Khuanchai trough some instant messaging application so that they could talk faster and more easily to look at any points of the "guide" that present problems?