PDAclan has cooking information!!

Guest powser

I'm not a cooker myself, but cookers that understand Chinese can go to the Samsung PDAClan forums, they have a post there on how to make i8000 roms!

Finally lite and ultralite 6.5.1 may be a reality for us soon!

Edit: There's still no cooked roms publicly available yet.

Source:

Important Information from others:

Post #12 has the English translation by KSTAN

Post #17 has the complied PDF instructions by wes58

Post #34 has a new imgfsfromdump compatible with i8000 ROM

Edited by powser

XD XD XD I think many of us here are fanatics and check the forums more than once a day! haha.

hopefully Kuanchai (did I spell wrong) or some of the other experts can work their magic soon!

Guest inmatrixout

Well, we are waiting for Chinese speaking people to create an English walk through for cooking!!! :D :P ;)

It could be better than google's

About Samsung I8000 reduction of synthesis of PDA.NB0

My Opinion

Recently tribe DD and MM had to start this station JJ, see net assessment is also good, it should be Tingyou market. They told me to do this rom is currently stuck in the OS part of the PDA.NB0 restore the reduction on I want to think of a way along. 。 . 。 .

Unfortunately, a long retreat and will not stop playing these silly things are now more likely, it will not to stage any tools, etc. the trouble of the fix.

A few days ago just a busy as ever, looked at this rom, looks like it is quite promising to restore, it is made to discuss this article, hope to help these players JJ customize and streamline the completion of this J's wishes.

This article primarily directed at those already tried this rom players, many of the major steps necessary to complete the hand-x as a result do not have much time, will not be for beginners Xiangjie of, and the text referred to some of the software at your own search for download, hope forgive me!

A decomposition

Decomposition of this rom, presumably there are a lot of people already familiar with planes of light on, here is a brief speech.

1, Exe one packet decomposition

For. Exe-one update package, this and previous Samsung exe resource structure similar to no difficulty. Moreover, there are the Russian master Pako777 of i900_EXEcutor can be used directly, now seemingly is v2.4, and of you to go under the modaco also do not forget to thank a person must be constantly updated about dedication.

Exe decomposition of the specific process, having read the following diagram to understand: (choose the right exe click 'Go' you can)

Must say that JJ's CSC, the CSC this JJ mirror structure is relatively i900 has been changed, i900_EXEcutor decomposition is not yet supported. In fact, the original code to change what I can of i900tool decomposition and restore, but this code. Not worth mentioning. Today also will not engage in, and so on Comrade-777 update the bar.

2, PDA.NB0 decomposition

This seemingly little difficulty, we all know that the beginning of the OS image jump instruction E9 FD FF. This NB0 offset 0x100 that is. I used the old to make osnbtool also, as follows:

Osnbtool –sp pda.nb0 Osnbtool-sp pda.nb0

Be pda.nb0.os.nb, the so-called OS-RAW-IMAGE, as well as a. PRE file (useful for later in synthesis)

Osnbtool –d pda.nb0.os.nb 2 imgfs.bin –acwan Osnbtool-d pda.nb0.os.nb 2 imgfs.bin-acwan

Be imgfs.bin

Next dump, etc., who would seemingly be a. 。 . 。 .

Here osnbtool emitting a "-acwan" a strange argument, which is significantly earlier ACWAN non-standard size is proposed mandatory os.nb decomposition imgfs partition an implicit argument, as has been useless, even their own have long been forgotten had no idea that is now used by Dao Shi. Hehe. (In this case to elaborate on, osnbtool absolutely no Trojan, N Hutchison, etc. to kill residual soft purely cerebral... ) )

2, synthetic

Here to this key.

Front with OSNBTOOL decomposition PDA.NB0, the decomposition of the PDA.NB0.PRE, the length of this document for the 0x100, is the head of the information in this NB0 area, mystery in this:

Use 010editor it opens, the following diagram:

Figure above:

OS.NB length value: At offset 0x04 to take DWORD value, as shown in the black box

(Note: This is PDA.NB0.OS.NB, that is, RAW-IMAGE in length)

Blocks value: offset 0x08 to take DWORD value, as shown in the green box

(这个值是指 BIN 的 Block 数量, i8000 的 Block 长度是 0x1F800 ,因此,要得到此值,只要把 PDA.NB0.OS.NB 的长度除以 0x1F800 即可)

Checksum Value: DWORD value in the offset 0x0C to take, the red box as shown in

(This more crucial, in fact, that white is also simple, how to calculate detailed below)

In addition, the beginning and end of a DWORD flag, indicating the beginning and end of the segment, other, are ASCII strings, a glance to understand, not much to say.

1, synthetic XIP, IMGFS so. This little to say.

Would like to mention is that this ROM does not match the IMGFS size and MBR, so try to restore or not to change the size of the first, with buildimgfs.exe can keep IMGFS size imgfsfromdump If so, a good idea to own a good IMGFS use the new compression HEX filled in the same as the length of the original. The IMGFS into OS.NB because MBR problem is not being OSNBTOOL supported himself HEX Bar (we all know to check. Os.nb in the IMGFS the GUID can be, that is, F8 AC.... What, find the following post - IMGFS content with new content can be replaced), but the XIP and BOOT can still use the normal x made OSNBTOOL. HEX modify the MBR will attempt to change the OS.NB of does fit in the size, in order to really streamline and the release of rom space purposes.

2, reduction PDA.NB0

It is also more crucial step: the

In the custom good. OS.NB later, should pay attention to what would happen if changing the size. OS.NB to ensure that there is a whole BlockSize multiples, that is. OS.NB the length of the 0x1F800 to be able to be divisible.

The following began to say how to restore the 010editor manual HEX:

a) opens with the 010editor previous PDA.NB0.PRE, the following diagram:

:lol: bring new OS.NB length (16 hex, the same below) value of 0x04 at offset fill the entire DWORD (black box inside the figure above), (Note that reverse byte order, the same below).

c) the length of the new OS.NB divided 0x1F800, get the value of the fill in the offset 0x08 Department as a whole DWORD (figure above the green box).

d) calculating the new. OS.NB the checksum, the checksum is CheckSum32, which in turn in order to DWORD value to mold and, fortunately there is no need to write programs, 010editor can be direct support. With the 010 open up new. OS.NB, select the menu Tools -> CheckSum, in the window, choose OK in the following diagram can be:

To wait a little while, the following will produce results, and can see that the figure brown box that is, it fills the above. PRE offset 0x0C in the Department as a whole DWORD (figure above red box, the same should Note that byte reverse), Save complete.

e) With the new. PRE and. OS.NB, COPY / B. PRE +. OS.NB PDA.NEW.NB0 brush can open a.

The above opinions are his own opinion, the only reference on all the unpredictable consequences of not responsible, please think twice!

Should the method has been successfully able to customize their own so rom, also requested to carry forward the spirit of sharing and hope that someone can write a more convenient procedure and kitchen, the so-called dule not as good as public music, Hehe. 。 .

Edited by inmatrixout

Guest tacchan23
I'm not a cooker but I know Chinese :D

Maybe I can help with some translation, but sorry my english is also poor...

You could give it a try! for sure it will be appreciated:)

Good news btw!

Pls forgive my bad translation if some parts are not correct.

A. Extraction

Presumably, a lot of people are already familiar with the extraction of this type of ROM, here is a brief guide.

1.Exe - Updater

[font=-->,there is not much difficulty。Anyway, now there is Pako777's i900_EXEcutor (latest version 2.4) which u can use and u can download it from Modaco. And do not forget to thank Pako777 for his selfless contribution.

See below pic for extrating exe updater: (select exe and click go)

post-538416-1257351234_thumb.jpg

The CSC structure is different from i900 which i900_executor is not able to extract at the moment. Exactly, u can extract and re-package by re-coding i900tool. Weisun has retired and will not be cooking any more ROMs, but will need to wait for Comrade-777 to update the code.

2.PDA.NB0 extraction

This does not seem difficult, as we know the OS location starts from E9 FD FF. The offset is 0x100. You can use the osnbtool, as below:

Osnbtool –sp pda.nb0 -> pda.nb0.os.nb which is the OS-RAW-IMAGE and the .pre file (which u need for the re-packaging later).

[font=-->Osnbtool –d pda.nb0.os.nb 2 imgfs.bin –acwan to extract imgfs.bin.

As for dump,it should be quite straightforward.....

The option -acwan is for those types of ROM which are of non-standard format and has not been used all along.

B. Re-packaging

This is the most important and exciting part.

In previous part, using osnbtool to extract pda.nb0, we also extracted pda.nb0.pre (file siz 0x100) which is the header of nb0.

Use 010editor to open the file, as below:

post-538416-1257351261_thumb.jpg

- OS.NB size post-538416-1257351267_thumb.jpg

after offset 0x04 to get Dword size as in the black box.

(Note: This is PDA.NB0.OS.NB, and is also size of RAW-IMAGE)

- Blocks size post-538416-1257351276_thumb.jpg

after offset 0x08 to get Dword size as in the green box.

(This is the BIN's Block value, I8000 block size is 0x1F800, and to get this value u need to divide PDA.NB0.OS.NB by 0x1F800.

- Checksum Value post-538416-1257351283_thumb.jpg

aftr offset 0x0c to get Dword size as in the red box.

(This is the most important part, see below on how to calculate)

- There is header at both start and end, indication te beginning and end of the segment, ther rest are ASCII strings....

1. Re-packing XIP, IMGFS etc...

Note that this ROM's IMGFS size and MBR does not match, hence try not to make any changes 1st when re-packaging. You can use Buildimgfs.exe to maintain the size. If you are using imgfsfromdump.exe, it is safer to use HEX to fll up the newly created IMGFS to the same size. Due to MBR problem not supported by OSNBTOOL, you will not be able to insert imgfs.bin into OS.NB,need to HEX. (As you know the GUID for IMGFS in OS.NB is F8 AC ...). Find it and replace with the new imgfs.bin will do. XIP and boot can still be use by osnbtool. If u know ho to use HEX to modified MBR, u can try to modify OS.NB size to simply and reduce ROM size.

2. Re-packaging PDA.NB0

This is also the most important part.

After re-packaging OS.NB, need to take note of the size of OS.NB so that it is divisible by 0x1F800.

Below is the steps on how to use 010editor to perform HEX

a) use 010editor to open PDA.NB0.PRE, as below:

post-538416-1257351293_thumb.jpg

:D with the new OS.NB (16bytes), insert dword at offset 0x04 as in black box.

c) divide the new OS.NB by 0x1F800, to get the new dword to insert at offet 0x08 as in green box.

d) calculate the new OS.NB checksum, actually checksum32 in this case. You can ue 010editor to open he new OS.NB, under menu, select Tools->Checksum and as below:

post-538416-1257351308_thumb.jpg

Wait a while and you should get the result. insert the value to PDA.NB0.PRE at offset 0x0c as in the red box above and save.

post-538416-1257351316_thumb.jpg

e) With the new .PRE and .OS.NB, COPY /B .PRE +.OS.NB PDA.NEW.NB0 and you can start to flash.

All the above are own opinion, only for reference and si not responsible for any unpredictable consequences.

Below : eg of -acwan option

post-538416-1257351364_thumb.jpg

Guest inmatrixout
after reading your translation, i really don't think your english is so bad :D

:P ;) :lol: do you mean kstan's translation?

Now we have to ask secany for .exe roms to start the experiments!!!

Edited by inmatrixout

Thank you for your translation! Your english is really good. The hope of a modified rom is coming true soon...

ps. just add a little bit.

:D with the new OS.NB (16bytes), insert dword at offset 0x04 as in black box.

c) divide the new OS.NB by 0x1F800, to get the new dword to insert at offet 0x08 as in green box.

d) calculate the new OS.NB checksum, actually checksum32 in this case. You can ue 010editor to open he new OS.NB, under menu, select Tools->Checksum and as below:

post-538416-1257351308_thumb.jpg

Wait a while and you should get the result. insert the value to PDA.NB0.PRE at offset 0x0c as in the red box above and save.

post-538416-1257351316_thumb.jpg

The values are in hex, and you need to reverse the string of the value before inserting it (like the one shown in the pic, checksum 15 A0 AF A8 is changed to A8 AF A0 15 in the red box),and the orginal text was 注意字节倒序排列

:D :P ;) do you mean kstan's translation?

Now we have to ask secany for .exe roms to start the experiments!!!

You don't need an .exe ROM. If you read the translation in the posts above you need a PDA file with extension .nb0. I think that part of  a .mst file that we get from Secany is an .nb0 file which has to be extracted from .mst and then you can try to follow the tutorial.

I converted this translation into a pdf file. I thought some people will find it easier to read.

ROM.pdf

Edited by wes58

I'm not a cooker myself, but cookers that understand Chinese can go to the i8000 kingmobile forums, they have a post there on how to make i8000 roms!

Finally lite and ultralite 6.5.1 may be a reality for us soon!

Hi powser,

THink u need to change the title, cos i just realize and remember that the post was orignated from www.pdaclan.com not kingmobile. :D

Guest Khuanchai
1. Re-packing XIP, IMGFS etc...

Note that this ROM's IMGFS size and MBR does not match, hence try not to make any changes 1st when re-packaging. You can use Buildimgfs.exe to maintain the size. If you are using imgfsfromdump.exe, it is safer to use HEX to fll up the newly created IMGFS to the same size. Due to MBR problem not supported by OSNBTOOL, you will not be able to insert imgfs.bin into OS.NB,need to HEX. (As you know the GUID for IMGFS in OS.NB is F8 AC ...). Find it and replace with the new imgfs.bin will do. XIP and boot can still be use by osnbtool. If u know ho to use HEX to modified MBR, u can try to modify OS.NB size to simply and reduce ROM size.

Thanks for great translation. I still have a question for the above part. After we pack the imgfs.bin from dump, does he mean we have to fill up the new imgfs.bin to the same size as the original imgfs.bin? What content to use to fill up or just a blank content?

Another question is about the LANGPACK. He didn't mention about this or we just ignore this part?

Guest inmatrixout
Thanks for great translation. I still have a question for the above part. After we pack the imgfs.bin from dump, does he mean we have to fill up the new imgfs.bin to the same size as the original imgfs.bin? What content to use to fill up or just a blank content?

Another question is about the LANGPACK. He didn't mention about this or we just ignore this part?

We are looking forward for your progress Great Cook!!! :lol: :) :)

Good news finally came :D

I'll upload 1 more version, consider it will be lastest version of i8k series ROMs I'll upload :P

I think that you can feed us only with the best versions if you like! ;)

Guest blues55
Good news finally came :D

I'll upload 1 more version, consider it will be lastest version of i8k series ROMs I'll upload :P

Great news ;) When we can expect a new version ?

BTW. Do you have newest eu firmware for B7300 ?

Guest tacchan23

I was just wondering... how many of the Omnia2 users here can actually make something (a ROM I mean^^) out of this new infos? Other than Khuanchai?

For sure not me XD :D