Flashing stalls on language setup

11 posts in this topic

Hey,

Sorry for the newbie question but I am kind of stuck

I got my phone through Optus Australia

I went to update it to 6.5 using the following guide:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...q/#entry1092927

OCTANS Mini + IJ9 MST + IJ8 CSC

The first time I tried it, I only attempted to do the MST file. Once it got out of Download Mode, it never got into the Language Setup. I kept trying to turn the phone on but it wouldnt. Removed battery, put battery back in, refused to boot.

Tried it a second time using both the MST + CSC file. I selected the XEU option for UK English, since I couldn't see anything Australian from the following list

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...3/csc-decoding/

It got further than the first time, then after 10mins of the Language Setup screen, OCTANS reported it was successful but my device had not changed. I waited another 20mins and it was still on the same screen. I replaced the battery, turned it back on, back to the Language Setup screen. Still nothing happened for 10mins+

I tried a third time with another random CSC file with UK English. Same problem.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to upgrade the eboot + phone too?

Thanks

Edited by taeren

Thats normal ;-) After a hard reset you have to start configuring your device completely again, and, well the configuring stuff starts with the language setup. When you do a hard reset, the system, Windows Mobile, is installed completely new, like on a desktop pc, just without the CD, cause its on the deviceinternal memory. So thats all right, you have to configure it like you just upgraded it.

<br />Thats normal ;-) After a hard reset you have to start configuring your device completely again, and, well the configuring stuff starts with the language setup. When you do a hard reset, the system, Windows Mobile, is installed completely new, like on a desktop pc, just without the CD, cause its on the deviceinternal memory. So thats all right, you have to configure it like you just upgraded it.<br />

Sorry, I wasn't explicit enough. It doesn't actually do a hard reset is the problem.

I press the hard reset buttons, the phone turns on, language setup comes up and please wait 10mins. I wait 20mins, and it still hasnt moved from the wait 10mins screen.

I have not seen a "Are you sure you want to format?" type screen yet. It seems no matter what I do, it is always shows the language setup screen and stalls there

Edited by taeren

Sorry, I wasn't explicit enough. It doesn't actually do a hard reset is the problem.

I press the hard reset buttons, the phone turns on, language setup comes up and please wait 10mins. I wait 20mins, and it still hasnt moved from the wait 10mins screen.

I have not seen a "Are you sure you want to format?" type screen yet. It seems no matter what I do, it is always shows the language setup screen and stalls there

Tried for the last 30mins as much as I could to do variations on the hard reset and still no luck. Holding the buttons, slide the battery in, language setup stall.

Is the phone bricked?

Tried it again using the "i8000nxxij1_hw_40" for MST + CSC

Stalls again on the Language Setup screen

Edit>

WOOO, resolved

Turn off the preserve my storage content and it stopped stalling.

When it was successful, there was actually some sort of progress bar running down the bottom. I didn't get this earlier, so it was definitely stalling / crashing.

Edited by taeren

Kinda strange^^ But grats it works again ;-)

Edit>

WOOO, resolved

When it was successful, there was actually some sort of progress bar running down the bottom. I didn't get this earlier, so it was definitely stalling / crashing.

Thanks for sharing, same happened to me. A white screen showed up and configured the device for english. i assume it is not a usual procedure for flashing but i hope it fixes.

>>Edit<<

it works again...

Edited by mtn

Edit>

WOOO, resolved

Whoops!! what a near miss, gotta my heartbeat increase rapidly. Thanks for share your experience. It just happened to me, I flash with JE3 MST and try to preserve the device content but it resulted the phone stuck on the language setup. Back to normal after re-flash and un-check the preserve device content option. Again, thank you for sharing.

+1 for the fix same issue with JE3 ( GT-I8000_I8000NXXJE2_I8000XCSJE3_I8000XXJD1_I8000XCSJE3_XX_XCS )

+1 for the fix same issue with JE3 ( GT-I8000_I8000NXXJE2_I8000XCSJE3_I8000XXJD1_I8000XCSJE3_XX_XCS )

Same issue here too, Telstra phone though.