[REF] Cooking info, kitchen, tools, etc ....

Guest rodrigofd

Rodrigo,

If you still have problems with WMReloc I think I know why. We are trying to relocate files that are in the dump folder. I extracted files from language pack and noticed that some of them are not what you would expect to be if you look at file extension. For example file AutoUpdateRes_wpc.exe.0409.mui, if you look in hex you would expect first to bytes to be MZ (like all exe and dll files). But in this file you will find first four bytes to be MNGE. What it turns out to be, is a file consisting of imageinfo.bin and one or more file sections S000, S001 ....

In case of this file, there is only one S000 which starts at offset 8C, and imageinfo.bin that starts at offset 04 to 8B. I think that first byte in imageinfo.bin tells you how many file sections there are, which also means that first S000 will start at different offset.

What all this means that some files from language pack are also placed in virtual memory and may overlap with the relocations created by WMReloc.

Guest rodrigofd
Rodrigo,

If you still have problems with WMReloc I think I know why. We are trying to relocate files that are in the dump folder. I extracted files from language pack and noticed that some of them are not what you would expect to be if you look at file extension. For example file AutoUpdateRes_wpc.exe.0409.mui, if you look in hex you would expect first to bytes to be MZ (like all exe and dll files). But in this file you will find first four bytes to be MNGE. What it turns out to be, is a file consisting of imageinfo.bin and one or more file sections S000, S001 ....

In case of this file, there is only one S000 which starts at offset 8C, and imageinfo.bin that starts at offset 04 to 8B. I think that first byte in imageinfo.bin tells you how many file sections there are, which also means that first S000 will start at different offset.

What all this means that some files from language pack are also placed in virtual memory and may overlap with the relocations created by WMReloc.

It's a very good theory indeed!! SO more reasons we can make great use of supposed english-only ROM that secany has and hope he can provide me with.. I read that tacchan wrote him for this matter, and i also PM'ed him to see if he can give it to me.

If wes theory is correct , which i am totally sure it is, because it corresponds with other hiphotesis i've made in langpack, we now have 2 ways: getting deeper in langpack format, and trying to be able to properly 'cook it', or else, work with an one language-only ROM as a base. Second way is more likely, the first one involves too much work for now... we might leave langpack cooking for the future.

So, in short, if everyone can help me in persuading Secany to offer me his english-only recent official rom, i can finish the first cooked public-rom available within a pair of hours upon downloading it.

In reply to previous posts: first cooked rom i'll publish, will be as ultra-lite as possible.. I'll remove as much samsung-stuff as i can, while preserving all hardware functionality, and leaving as much storage and ram memory as i can. Everyone can then install their own CABs of their choice.

First attemp will remain on official WM 6.5 build, let's go step by step and not rush. Doing just this already is pretty messy, if we try to get too many things at once, we'll find more issues to deal with.

And YES, i am tempted not to realeasing to general public, because of all the support that i 'll have to do then , but giving it to a reduced size of beta testers instead.... all suggestions welcome though.

It's a very good theory indeed!! SO more reasons we can make great use of supposed english-only ROM that secany has and hope he can provide me with.. I read that tacchan wrote him for this matter, and i also PM'ed him to see if he can give it to me.

If wes theory is correct , which i am totally sure it is, because it corresponds with other hiphotesis i've made in langpack, we now have 2 ways: getting deeper in langpack format, and trying to be able to properly 'cook it', or else, work with an one language-only ROM as a base. Second way is more likely, the first one involves too much work for now... we might leave langpack cooking for the future.

So, in short, if everyone can help me in persuading Secany to offer me his english-only recent official rom, i can finish the first cooked public-rom available within a pair of hours upon downloading it.

In reply to previous posts: first cooked rom i'll publish, will be as ultra-lite as possible.. I'll remove as much samsung-stuff as i can, while preserving all hardware functionality, and leaving as much storage and ram memory as i can. Everyone can then install their own CABs of their choice.

First attemp will remain on official WM 6.5 build, let's go step by step and not rush. Doing just this already is pretty messy, if we try to get too many things at once, we'll find more issues to deal with.

And YES, i am tempted not to realeasing to general public, because of all the support that i 'll have to do then , but giving it to a reduced size of beta testers instead.... all suggestions welcome though.

I am thinking, we get rid of language pack. I will try to do something today, compare files with chinese rom and see if I can convert the files that we need from language pack. If it doesn't work we may have to wait for Secany.

Guest xfallen

hi guys , first good job on all the thing you do and try and make .

Im following those developpement closely since before i got my first omnia 1. I was having the HTC vogue and was a flashing junkie but then, i bought the omnia i910 from bell

and i couldnt flash anything since it was not having any rom for this omnia version .

Then again i upgraded to the omnia 2 and saw the secany rom and again couldnt flash it since my device was GT-i8000L and they say its not a good idea and i dont want to brick it ....

but today my question his will i be able to flash the ROM VERSION you guys are trying to build or im am condamned to stay with my original wm6.5 rom without anything else

thanks for your awnser and have a good day

Edited by xfallen

Guest rodrigofd
hi guys , first good job on all the thing you do and try and make .

Im following those developpement closely since before i got my first omnia 1. I was having the HTC vogue and was a flashing junkie but then, i bought the omnia i910 from bell

and i couldnt flash anything since it was not having any rom for this omnia version .

Then again i upgraded to the omnia 2 and saw the secany rom and again couldnt flash it since my device was GT-i8000L and they say its not a good idea and i dont want to brick it ....

but today my question his will i be able to flash the ROM VERSION you guys are trying to build or im am condamned to stay with my original wm6.5 rom without anything else

thanks for your awnser and have a good day

Unfortunately, I8000 and I8000L roms are not interchangeable... either they are official, or cooked ROMs...

If you manage to get a dump of your current ROM, it could be theorically possible to customize a ROM for I8000L users... but it's lot of work, and i am not sure if there is much demand...

However, that said, if i can get my hands on my own unlocked I8000L, thru users donations :) i will gladly dedicate time to create a customized I8000L rom ..

Guest scegli1nick2

Hi I would like to be a beta tester, If you need you can count on me ..

:)

Guest whiskeybro
I would definitely be interested in helping with any beta testing.

Please let me know when a "cooked" ROM is available for testing.

You can count on me too.

Guest tacchan23

I am thinking, we get rid of language pack. I will try to do something today, compare files with chinese rom and see if I can convert the files that we need from language pack. If it doesn't work we may have to wait for Secany.

Any news from secany about the single language rom?

Guest rodrigofd

Any news from secany about the single language rom?

Unfortunately he hasn't reply .... i read that he replied you that he did had the rom, and it was a branded one, ... and nothing else.... i'm now testing a new technique we worked out with wes58, maybe we can get the language part working...well see

Guest Pako777

Has made in EXEcutor assemblage nb0 from file_dump of firmware. If to whom that is interesting, I can give the program on testing. Most it is natural to check up working capacity created pda it is not obviously possible, because I do not have device i8000..

I understand that all process of assemblage manually is already described, but suddenly there are enthusiasts of the program among owners i8000 :)

Has made in EXEcutor assemblage nb0 from file_dump of firmware. If to whom that is interesting, I can give the program on testing. Most it is natural to check up working capacity created pda it is not obviously possible, because I do not have device i8000..

I understand that all process of assemblage manually is already described, but suddenly there are enthusiasts of the program among owners i8000 :)

I can try it. Thanks.

Guest rodrigofd

Pako, do you call OSNBTOOL program from Weisun to assemble the NB0 file, or your program has the necessary code inside of it? I't be great if you provide me a copy of the program, so i test it if it solves our current issues with cooking i8000 roms...

Unfortunately, I8000 and I8000L roms are not interchangeable... either they are official, or cooked ROMs...

If you manage to get a dump of your current ROM, it could be theorically possible to customize a ROM for I8000L users... but it's lot of work, and i am not sure if there is much demand...

However, that said, if i can get my hands on my own unlocked I8000L, thru users donations :) i will gladly dedicate time to create a customized I8000L rom ..

@rodrigofd

Well... I am the only one who published i900 and i8000 ROMs so far, but no one donate me a phone :D lol.

I8000L is different, but ROMs struct is same. I8000L for America region only, and since this is european forum, I don't wanna waste my time for uploading i8000L. Sorry, folks.

About the ROMs cooking, I don't think you guys have to focus too much on the language, but on the CSC part is a correct approaching.

Guest touchprogeek
@rodrigofd

Well... I am the only one who published i900 and i8000 ROMs so far, but no one donate me a phone :D lol.

I8000L is different, but ROMs struct is same. I8000L for America region only, and since this is european forum, I don't wanna waste my time for uploading i8000L. Sorry, folks.

About the ROMs cooking, I don't think you guys have to focus too much on the language, but on the CSC part is a correct approaching.

Secany,

We know you've done a lot to help out many here with your ROM's but us i8000L users are getting more and more numerous. I have searched the web and there is no other site out there that is doing work on ROM's for the Omnia 2, this is the only site. Seeing as this is the only site, I guess that would make this a WORLDWIDE forum, not just a European forum. Bell Mobility in Canada has just released the Omnia 2 and Verizon in the US will be releasing it on Dec 2nd. That is a lot of new Omnia 2 i8000L users, don't you think? We'd really appreciate being included in these great ROM, especially as you state the basic structure is the same. If you still don't think the American batch of Omnia 2 users is worth wasting your time on, then could you possibly suggest another forum that caters to North American Omnia 2 ROM development? Thanks so much for your time.

touchprogeek

Guest rodrigofd
Secany,

We know you've done a lot to help out many here with your ROM's but us i8000L users are getting more and more numerous. I have searched the web and there is no other site out there that is doing work on ROM's for the Omnia 2, this is the only site. Seeing as this is the only site, I guess that would make this a WORLDWIDE forum, not just a European forum. Bell Mobility in Canada has just released the Omnia 2 and Verizon in the US will be releasing it on Dec 2nd. That is a lot of new Omnia 2 i8000L users, don't you think? We'd really appreciate being included in these great ROM, especially as you state the basic structure is the same. If you still don't think the American batch of Omnia 2 users is worth wasting your time on, then could you possibly suggest another forum that caters to North American Omnia 2 ROM development? Thanks so much for your time.

touchprogeek

Touchprogeek,,...

sorry to intervine in the conversation.. it 'd be great if secany can support worldwide community for omnia2 with his official ROMs provision.... if he decide it's not the case, we can't do other but respect his decision, he'd have his reasons to do so ,

That said, i am very close to finishing ROM kitchen to customize ROMs for Omnia2... when that is done, i'll see if i can provide support in cooking ROMs for i8000L users too... actually i live in south america, which also implements 3G bands as the whole america (850/1900), but sadly i own an european i8000....

One of the last pieces i need to complete my work is a big, special file from secany, if he can kindly provide me with it, i'll be very close to goal.... lets see how things go ...

Guest Michael Pang
Touchprogeek,,...

sorry to intervine in the conversation.. it 'd be great if secany can support worldwide community for omnia2 with his official ROMs provision.... if he decide it's not the case, we can't do other but respect his decision, he'd have his reasons to do so ,

That said, i am very close to finishing ROM kitchen to customize ROMs for Omnia2... when that is done, i'll see if i can provide support in cooking ROMs for i8000L users too... actually i live in south america, which also implements 3G bands as the whole america (850/1900), but sadly i own an european i8000....

One of the last pieces i need to complete my work is a big, special file from secany, if he can kindly provide me with it, i'll be very close to goal.... lets see how things go ...

hi rodrigofd,

are you talking about your 6.5.3 b28003 is closed to finish? this will be definitely a good news

Edited by Michael Pang

We wondered what was this mysterious offset 1EA in pda.nb0.os.nb that we had to change for the rom to work. This region is MBR and at this offset is the number of imgfs sectors. So, if keep the same size of imgfs we should have the same value at this offset as it was in original file. More information can be found on xda website.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=6

post-420700-1259049050_thumb.jpg

Edited by wes58

Secany,

touchprogeek

I will consider about this. However, I8000L Canada (BELL) and I8000L Verizon could have different ROMs. Then it will drive me crazy, mate. Anyway, tell me newest version of I8000L Canada please. If it's too old, then sure you guys will have a ROM.

About I8000L Verizon, let's wait it release and consider it later. :D

PS: Maybe ask Paul to rename i8000 thread into i8000/i8000L

Touchprogeek,,...

I'll work out the file within this week. I promise :D

Please PM me if you finished the cooked ROM and don't need those files anymore :-p

I will consider about this. However, I8000L Canada (BELL) and I8000L Verizon could have different ROMs. Then it will drive me crazy, mate. Anyway, tell me newest version of I8000L Canada please. If it's too old, then sure you guys will have a ROM.

The BELL i8000L are

PDA: i8000LUGIJ6

CSC: I8000LBMCIJ6

PHONE: I8000LUGIJ6

I have flashed all 4 part of bell I8000L with your i8000nxxIK5 IK3 . All functions are fine ,except I have to mannually config the mms and the data connection. Your rom has tri band 900/1900/2100,The Bell hspa+ work great under UMTS 1900 band ,but there is no 850 band. I know I should read carefully before I flashed my phone!

thx a lot for uploading the new roms, hope we can get I8000L rom too.

Wow this is great news looking forward to it!! We can finally get rid of the useless bellware.

BTW Secany you said your offering an unlocking service. I'm interested in this since I'd rather give you my money then to BELL.

The BELL i8000L are

PDA: i8000LUGIJ6

CSC: I8000LBMCIJ6

PHONE: I8000LUGIJ6

I have flashed all 4 part of bell I8000L with your i8000nxxIK5 IK3 . All functions are fine ,except I have to mannually config the mms and the data connection. Your rom has tri band 900/1900/2100,The Bell hspa+ work great under UMTS 1900 band ,but there is no 850 band. I know I should read carefully before I flashed my phone!

thx a lot for uploading the new roms, hope we can get I8000L rom too.

You're lucky guy.