[REF] Cooking info, kitchen, tools, etc ....

Guest rodrigofd

Guest rodrigofd
thank you very much for the tool sorg you're my rescuer, I tried it but because of my sdhc card' name is not storage card but the translation in italian "scheda memoria" the software fail to dump the rom. I tried to rename the sdhc card without success could you help me adding a software option to specify the sdhc card's name or something similar?It would be great... :D

Hey kibiwi, here you have a modified version of sorg program, patched for italian WM :( try it

dskdump.exe

Sorg, do you happen to know where do other parts of firmware are stored ? Eboot, Phone, CSC... . particularly Phone binary part... is there another memory chip for that? should it be possible to dump it too ?

unfortunately no. Need to disassemble EBoot code to check where are these parts located.

EBoot and CSC should be in the same flash chip. I'm a bit lazy to investigate this since these parts are available in almost every released ROM. Also these parts in most cases are not required to update.

ok, i've flashed ROM dumped by touchprogeek (PDA part) and found it fully working on my i8000H (Model for Taiwan/HK market).

So, i think, PDA part of i8000 and i8000L are compatible.

As long as you flash PDA only part, it's fine.

I've wrote tiny utility to dump ROM (in attachment)

Insert microSD card, copy dskdump to device and run it.

It will dump whole ROM (need several minutes) to \storage card\rom_dump.bin file.

It will show message box as it finished.

Thanks Sorg for this program.

That's what I have (or maybe I should say we have) been waiting for. Finally we can get a single language rom that can be flashed back to the phone without worries about language packs etc.

Thanks Sorg for this program.

That's what I have (or maybe I should say we have) been waiting for. Finally we can get a single language rom that can be flashed back to the phone without worries about language packs etc.

I didn't understand what you've waited, actually. You could use pdocread to dump ROM in the same format as dskdump does.

Dumped ROM always has single language. No matter which ROM you've flashed - multilanguage or single language.

I didn't understand what you've waited, actually. You could use pdocread to dump ROM in the same format as dskdump does.

Dumped ROM always has single language. No matter which ROM you've flashed - multilanguage or single language.

I have never thought about using pdocread before, until I tried yours dskdump today. We have been wasting time on trying to workout how to bypass language pack and it was so easy dumping the rom from the phone. 

Thanks.

Guest MaliciousKen

seems like sorg's contribution will allow the chefs to make a big advancement in current progress of cooking. Hopefully with single language dump of the rom will allow the relocation to be done ...

Edited by MaliciousKen

Hey kibiwi, here you have a modified version of sorg program, patched for italian WM :( try it

thank you so much for the adjustment it works smoothly, you like sorg are brilliant guys why don't you cooperate to make our devices better ones you have the abilities to make it real!sorg you have given much up to now to this community but I think you can give even more... from my point of view (I know I am not the best guy to say that...) you have the best knowledge of our device's rom so I (and believe other guys on this forum too) expect much from you... :D

ps: thanks again for your clever program ;) can I post it on the omnia b7610 section on this forum with all credits to you clearly, I verified that I works even on that device...

Edited by kibiwi

I've wrote tiny utility to dump ROM (in attachment)

Insert microSD card, copy dskdump to device and run it.

It will dump whole ROM (need several minutes) to \storage card\rom_dump.bin file.

It will show message box as it finished.

usage for rom_dump.bin ? Possible to use i900_EXEcutor tool to decompile it ?

Edited by jermx

Guest rodrigofd
seems like sorg's contribution will allow the chefs to make a big advancement in current progress of cooking. Hopefully with single language dump of the rom will allow the relocation to be done ...

Not that much unfortunately ... rellocation still needs to be handled by a proper tool.. Also , i failed in modifying XIP partition in ROM , for ex, to change WM build... we still need some knowledge here.

Guest rodrigofd

Well, something's different here... this rom dump by sorg tool, might be flashable,but my kitchen is buggy with it... never happened with other PDa images... (cubic ripped, secanys, etc) but prompts error with this one.. hmmm

Guest rodrigofd

Master sorg, maybe you can englighten me with this module rellocation mess:

here you have the memory map log, dumped by imgfstodump tool... i don't understand 2 things...

1. why are there repeated modules in the allocation? e.g. mscoree2_0.dll, mshtml.dll....

2. Shouldnt allocations be aligned to a 64k boundary ? or at least that's what Da_g wrote...

dump_MemoryMap.txt

Master sorg, maybe you can englighten me with this module rellocation mess:

here you have the memory map log, dumped by imgfstodump tool... i don't understand 2 things...

1. why are there repeated modules in the allocation? e.g. mscoree2_0.dll, mshtml.dll....

2. Shouldnt allocations be aligned to a 64k boundary ? or at least that's what Da_g wrote...

There are some interesting articles about virtual memory:

http://blogs.msdn.com/hegenderfer/archive/...ry-monster.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/hegenderfer/archive/...er-part-ii.aspx

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/mobile/VirtualMemory.aspx

I know it doesn't answer your question, but that's why the file is split into sections and file sections are alocated to different memory addresses (slots). You can see it in imageinfo.txt, when you look at .o32_realaddr. The modules are not repeated, there are different sections of the module.

But I guess you want to know how to re-allocate dll, mui if you want to write a program for this purpose. What are the principles for doing it?

Let's see what reply Sorg will give you.

Edited by wes58

Is there a way to flash with OCTANS the dumped ROM we can get with sorg's tool?someone can give some hints... :D

If you have any .nb0 file you can add the header from it to the dumped file as shown on the picture (otherwise you can insert 100h bytes to the beginning of the file that you dumped from the phone using hex editor and change the values as shown. Other values which are marked on the picture you have to calculate yourself. Note that all values entered/calculated are entered in reverse. For example, if the file size is 319,205,376 bytes (1306 B000 in hex) you enter it as 00 B0 06 13. Next you divide this value by 1F800 and enter in the next area (1306B000 / 1F800 = 09AA). Then you calculate the checksum of the file. If you are using WinHex you select in Tools, Compute Hash (Checksum 32-bit). Save the file as PDA.nb0 (or any other name with extension nb0).

post-420700-1259543400_thumb.jpg

Guest Khuanchai
Modules in Slot0 should be 64k aligned, while in Slot1/60/61 4k alignment is fine.

Thanks, sorg, for your help and more info. This helps us a lot but we still need to learn more from you. Any help you can give us is most welcome.

BTW, I just wonder why the wmreloc works fine with HTC ROM but fails for i8000.

Thanks, sorg, for your help and more info. This helps us a lot but we still need to learn more from you. Any help you can give us is most welcome.

BTW, I just wonder why the wmreloc works fine with HTC ROM but fails for i8000.

Do you mean WMReloc fails when you run it on a dump folder, or do you mean when you flash the phone after you run WMReloc it doesn't boot?

Guest rodrigofd
Do you mean WMReloc fails when you run it on a dump folder, or do you mean when you flash the phone after you run WMReloc it doesn't boot?

If i run wmreloc on a dump folder alone, it finishes well but then phone doesn't boot.

if i merge dump with xip modules, run wmreloc, then package xip modules into xip.bin, inject xip.bin into os.nb, and then flash, doesn't boot either.

Maybe wmreloc is what fails, maybe xip packaging/depackaging is what fails.... who knows??

also tried bepe's platform rebuilder, but it crashes nearly at end... i am running out of ideas... and i have no clue in how to write my own reloc tool... there are lot of things i don't know, like what is .ROM and .VM modules, how the VM map should be arranged, what imageinfo.bin values shoudl be modified, what about having both imageinfo.bin and imageinfo.txt, which are their differences, etc.....

up to now, sorg is the only one that can drop us some hints...

Edited by rodrigofd

Guest Khuanchai

Yes, it runs normally but the phone doesn't boot.

Yes, it runs normally but the phone doesn't boot.

I had a problem (which I wrote about before) with 2 files R2VS_ARM_WM6_PRO_Driver.dll and VoiceBooster.dll. It stops and when you look in the log it tells you that it failed on first file. When I fixed first file it failed on the second.

It doesn't display an error on the screen. On the screen it shows you that it processed so many files but in the log it shows where it stopped.

Didn't you have that problem? If you didn't, maybe I have some old version.

Guest Pako777
usage for rom_dump.bin ? Possible to use i900_EXEcutor tool to decompile it ?

if this full dsk1 dump - yes.. you can disassm to dump\packets files

or... how say wes58, adding header and you will be have pda.nb0

If i run wmreloc on a dump folder alone, it finishes well but then phone doesn't boot.

if i merge dump with xip modules, run wmreloc, then package xip modules into xip.bin, inject xip.bin into os.nb, and then flash, doesn't boot either.

Maybe wmreloc is what fails, maybe xip packaging/depackaging is what fails.... who knows??

also tried bepe's platform rebuilder, but it crashes nearly at end... i am running out of ideas... and i have no clue in how to write my own reloc tool... there are lot of things i don't know, like what is .ROM and .VM modules, how the VM map should be arranged, what imageinfo.bin values shoudl be modified, what about having both imageinfo.bin and imageinfo.txt, which are their differences, etc.....

up to now, sorg is the only one that can drop us some hints...

Are you sure it runs to the end on the dump folder? Did you check the log? Mine fails on the file which has a size of a section file 0.

You can get a log if you run like this (just in case you don't run this way): WMReloc.exe -gdump -lWMReloclog.txt

Edited by wes58