Lock screen lag?

Guest jpenman

Guest jpenman

Is anyone else experiencing a quick lag when the lock screen comes up after waking it up? I wake it up and the home screen flashes for a quick second then it locks. It is rather annoying and just looks sloppy. Hope someone can help.

Guest Ninja4Hire

Yes I noticed it also. I tried a few other lock screens, and got the same results. I almost forget the screen is supposed to be lock and start to use the phone.

Yes I noticed it also. I tried a few other lock screens, and got the same results. I almost forget the screen is supposed to be lock and start to use the phone.

Yep.  Lagg on teh lock screen.

Guest pwmcmaho
i've the same problem on my i900... ;)

any idea?

No idea how to fix this yet, but it appears that the "fancy" lock screen we see is not the standard WM 6.x lock screen (the .cpl files), but a "flash" based lock screen that is linked to the lock button...

Haven't poked around enough yet to find a way to change... but thought I would share my observations for others ...

Personally, I like the new lock screen, and while the 1 sec lag is there, it is not a killer for me...

• 4 weeks later...

Hate to double post but I've been having a lot of problems with this lock screen lately.

Sometimes it will freeze the entire device and it will take 30 second to respond to a tap...so for example, the phone will be blank, I'll push a button, the lock screen will come on, and then i will touch the lock picture, and it just hangs there for like 30 seconds.

This usually only happens if I haven't soft resetted in about 3 or 4 days, but its a pain in the ass, especially when you REALLY need to use your phone and this crap is going on.

Edited by surgex

Guest jharbin
Hate to double post but I've been having a lot of problems with this lock screen lately.

Sometimes it will freeze the entire device and it will take 30 second to respond to a tap...so for example, the phone will be blank, I'll push a button, the lock screen will come on, and then i will touch the lock picture, and it just hangs there for like 30 seconds.

This usually only happens if I haven't soft resetted in about 3 or 4 days, but its a pain in the ass, especially when you REALLY need to use your phone and this crap is going on.

I really don't have anything to offer except that the only delay I ever see is the short delay described above. Have you done a soft reset on the phone? If so, it may be something you have installed that is slow to wake up.

I moved on to s2u2 and i get no lag what so ever...if I do its only with the first one on startup

I have yet to try s2u2 because someone said it interferes with the incoming call window \ screen.

Any truth to that?

Guest jpenman
I have yet to try s2u2 because someone said it interferes with the incoming call window \ screen.

Any truth to that?

It is true but what i did was used SK tools and disabled the default dial pad which disables the incoming call window...how ever you lose the samsung dial pad but i just downloaded a black skin from here

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...-winmo-dialpad/

also you lose the ability to press the left hardware button to bring up dial pad....however i use spb so i have a phone button on the screen so kinda makes up for it...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Spanky Dynamite
Is anyone else experiencing a quick lag when the lock screen comes up after waking it up? I wake it up and the home screen flashes for a quick second then it locks. It is rather annoying and just looks sloppy. Hope someone can help.

Hey all..

I recently upgraded from i910 to i920.

I was noticing the exact same lag, and stumbled upon a "fix" if you will...I like it wayyyyyy better. Maybe some won't.

If I remember correctly, for this fix, I used an Spb Mobile Shell setting....so users without the mobile shell may not have the "setting." I'm not sure.

I turned off the "lock on wake up" part of settings....so you have to manually lock....which doesn't bother me. It may some, however. The crappy lag bothered me worse.

Then I just simply went into the "buttons" part of settings and assigned the buttons differently.

I assigned the middle triangular button LONG HOLD to the SPB "lock the device" setting.

That, for some reason, uses the old style Winmo lock....with NO lag...and no secondary retarded other cpu sucking screen.

I assigned the OK button differently to my taste as well.

Hope this helps.

I've got my O2 running pretty dang smoothly, actually.

Putting on the 3.7 .net framework really helped too.

Hope this helps.

Spanky

Edited by Spanky Dynamite