i8000 2gb version actually 8gb?

Guest pad4651

i know this is my first post and may sound really stupid but, is it possible that all the i8000's are 8gb and just partitioned diffrent?

i was just copying the Cubic37.MLI and i noticed the free space is 7.3gb, my i8000 is the 2gb version. so just thought i'd throw it out there, is this free space partitionable?

2gbacually8gb.jpg

Guest malaysia9966
i know this is my first post and may sound really stupid but, is it possible that all the i8000's are 8gb and just partitioned diffrent?

i was just copying the Cubic37.MLI and i noticed the free space is 7.3gb, my i8000 is the 2gb version. so just thought i'd throw it out there, is this free space partitionable?

2gbacually8gb.jpg

I THINK UR 2GB IS INDEED AN 8GB ACTUALLY....AS FAR AS I KNOW ONLY THE 8GB VERSION HAS BEEN RELEASED SO FAR.

Guest Ender Psp
so if were assuming that my omniaII is indeed a 8gb is their anyway to access this. since i've only 2gb available...or round about

You could probably try to repartition using Partition magic or any other tool. Just make sure you backup everything you have on the phone, including MyStorage.

How did you connect to usb? Via activesync or mystorage?

I THINK UR 2GB IS INDEED AN 8GB ACTUALLY....AS FAR AS I KNOW ONLY THE 8GB VERSION HAS BEEN RELEASED SO FAR.

Oops! I do have a 16GB and just checked to see if it has 32GB!? but unfortunately its 16GB only!

@pad4651: If you bought your 2GB unit for ~US$500, then you have to do something (in favor of Samsung) about that extra ~US$1,500 that you owe them! ;)

Guest pad4651

@Ender Psp: i've connected though mystorage, and taken alook through winhex. but if i look in explorer it will show 2gb

&

@iWiNMo: i've not paid a penny for the phone its on contract ;)

Edited by pad4651

Guest carreab

2gbacually8gb.jpg

I just cheked mine and have the same as you (lucky ha ;) ) actualy its 2GO but with WINHEX shows a partition of 7Go, the same as your picture. but wonder if we can do something to get it in use ;) .

I think we need an expert here to enable the 7Go (if there is a chance to).

thanks

Guest Ender Psp
@Ender Psp: i've connected though mystorage, and taken alook through winhex. but if i look in explorer it will show 2gb

Thanks for the info, mate.

If you right click "My Computer", "Manage", "Disk Management" can you do a printscreen of what's shown?

What model do you have? Can you please post your details by going to the dialer and typing: *#1234# (perfectly safe, gives Phone and Software Info).

Guest awarner (MVP)

UK SIM free version was released in October with only 2GB. I would find it hard to believe that they whould basically hide 6GB.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ender Psp
UK SIM free version was released in October with only 2GB. I would find it hard to believe that they whould basically hide 6GB.

They don't. The 2 GB model is actually 2GB. Period.

The removable MyStorage media is 2GB, which holds a partition of 1.4 GB with data for the user and a second partition of 512 MB that holds the stock rom. The way WinHex interprets data for the hidden partition is misleading, that partition is stored in 512 MB and no matter what WinHex says it physically occupies 512 MB.

What I suspect happened is that 2 GB Omnia 2 models might have been put in production with a previous version of the ROM, the one that includes the "backup" firmware, more like a "final test before release" rather than the final one. What's the point of announcing 2GB MyStorage if you actually have only 1.5 GB free for the user?