Official upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5!,How to upgrade your OMNIA II by official

Guest Zubin

Hi!

I recently upgrade my Omnia II to Windows Mobile 6.5 from the Samsung Website.

The upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5 for Omnia 2 is now available on the official website of Samsung in some countries. You can only upgrade your phone through the website of Samsung in the country that is your OMNIA II came from (obviously, by official ways... you can find many other ways and roms here in Modaco comunity to upgrade to WM 6.5 no matter what country your phone came from). I will explain how I did it from the Singapure website...

How do you discover what country is your Omnia II? Go in "Settings", "Advanced Settings", "System", "Version", "Device". You will see three codes: PDA, CSC and PHONE. Everyone starts with I8000 (which is the code of Omnia 2). In CSC, see if the following 3 characteres (after the code I8000) are XSO, and in PHONE see if the two characteres following are DX. If so, your Omnia II came from Singapore (as well as mine).

You can find codes for the other countries here in the Modaco comunity, but I will post some codes that I find here for help you:

Codes for CSC (the 3 characteres after I8000):

ATO AUSTRIA

AUT SWITZERLAND

CNX ROMANIA

COA ROMANIA

CYO GREECE

DBT GERMANY

EUR GREECE

FOP SPAIN

HAT ROMANIA

IRD SLOVAKIA

ITV ITALY

MOB AUSTRIA

MOT SLOVENIA

MTL BULGARIA

OMX BULGARIA

ORO ROMANIA

PAN HUNGARY

PLS POLAND

PRO NETHERLANDS

PRT POLAND

SEB AUSTRIA

SEK UKRAINE

SER RUSSIA

SIM SLOVENIA

SMO SERBIA

SUN SWITZERLAND

SWC SWITZERLAND

TPH PORTUGAL

TRA CROATIA

VGR GREECE

VIP CROATIA

WIN ITALY

XEB BELGIUM

XEE SWEDEN

XEF FRANCE

XEH HUNGRARY

XEN NETHERLAND

XEO POLAND

XEP PORTUGAL

XEU UK

XEZ HUNGARY

XSO SINGAPORE

Codes for PHONE (the 2 characteres after I8000):

BD Greece

CP Finland

DB Vietnam

DC Thailand

DD India

DT Australia

DX Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam

DZ Malaysia, Singapore

JA South Africa

JC Algeria, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Tunisia

JP Arabic

JR Arabic

JV Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia,South Africa, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey

MT Switzerland

XA Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, United Kingdom

XB Denmark, Norway, Sweden

XC Portugal, Spain

XD Croatia, Czech, Hungary, Slovakia

XE Bulgaria, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Ukraine

XF Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania

XX Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom

ZC China, Hong Kong

ZH Hong Kong

ZT Taiwan

The 3 last characteres in PDA, CSC and PHONE:

* Release years:

D = 2004

E = 2005

F = 2006

G = 2007

H = 2008

I = 2009

* Release months:

A = January

B = February

C = March

D = April

E = May

F = June

G = July

H = August

I = September

J = October

K = November

L = December

So, if your Omnia 2 came from Singapore you can now upgrade to WM 6.5 by the official website of Samsung in Singapure (the site is in English, and the address is samsungmobile.com.sg). You will see a large banner in the homepage saying that the upgrade to WM 6.5 for OMNIA II is now available. Click there and download the software "Samsung PC Studio". Install it on your computer ... the system will ask you what language you want to install the program, then you can choose any language you want ... then after he will ask you what country is your phone, then you have to say that it's from Singapore! After you install just connect your Omnia 2 on the computer, open the program and follow the instructions that it will upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5 for you.

This official ROM of Windows Mobile 6.5 for Omnia 2 comes with "Asphalt 4" (a car game in high definition from Gameloft, where you control the car by the accelerometer of the phone) and with "Crayon Physics", another super cool game!

For Philippines:

go to this link below:

http://ph.samsungmobile.com/supports/softw...eOtherUpdate.do

best for all!!!! :) :)