Omnia 2 AMDZero 23569 Rom Base/Lite

Guest amdzero

Guest amdzero

AMDZero 23569 Base ROM

ROM Link: AMDZero 23569 Base ROM

Removed:

All verizon stuff (including Vcast/VZNav)

Samsung Lockscreen

Solitare (who uses that seriously?)

Added:

Smartlock (if you don't like using it, go to settings->smartlock and untick what you don't want)

New Bing

Updated Facebook 1.0.0.7p

Updated Microsoft My Phone

Apptodate

O2Flash

Omarket

Orientation Detection

SKTools

Slide2Shutdown

Bubblebreaker (by request)

Custom Toolbar

Shortcut for USB Mode

Shortcut for Wireless Manager

Custom .tsk Theme (must be selected and then soft reset to take full effect)

Not added, but changed to powercalc as it was always installed just no shortcut

gchris Titanium

post-463858-1273775502_thumb.png post-463858-1273775506_thumb.png

Notes:

This has been heavily modified since I've been working with the Lite version for a while. It is pretty clean with extra stuff added. Boots to around 85MB free RAM and 229MB free Storage ROM.

Again, if you want to use my custom theme, you have to select it in the settings->Home->AMDZero and then soft reset your phone.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

AMDZero 23569 Lite ROM

ROM Link (Only Custom Toolbar): AMDZero i920 Lite Rom

Removed:

All Verizon stuff (including Vcast/VZNav)

Various samsung programs

Samsung Lockscreen

Games

Added:

Shortcut for USB Mode

Shortcut for Wireless Manager

Custom Toolbar

Custom .tsk Theme (must be selected and then soft reset to take full effect)

New Microsoft My Phone version

Not added, but changed to powercalc as it was always installed just no shortcut

Note:

If you want to use my custom theme, you need to select it in settings->home->AMDZero. It is set to Classic Blue by default. Once again, after you select a new theme, you need to reset the phone or not all the icons will take effect.

I have added a few .wav files back in to incorporate the notifications/samsung settings sounds. I have also added the samsung alarm clock (mostly for me) but have not put the shortcut on the start menu. tclock.exe/tclock.lnk is in the \windows folder. There is roughly 256MB free ROM Storage and 84MB free RAM

post-463858-1273257880_thumb.png post-463858-1273257867_thumb.pngpost-463858-1273257875_thumb.png

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Beta 3 AMDZero 23568 Lite ROM

ROM Link (Only Custom Toolbar this time): http://www.4shared.com/file/MBK3P0Fg/AMDZero-Lite-Beta3.html

Note:

After playing with this rom for almost a week I'm comfortable that this could be a normal release not beta. Just in case I made any mistakes, I'm releasing it as a beta until it proves to be good enough.

I fixed email/email html open to map to internet explorer. I fixed titanium to point to MS version not Samsung version. Fixed many samsung settings/apps that had broken links. Removed smartlock even though I think I'll install it afterwards. Also removed the redundant bluetooth icon. Let me know what you think.

Beta 2 AMDZero 23563 Lite ROM

ROM Link (Custom Toolbar): http://www.4shared.com/file/BIPN_FY7/AMDZero-Lite-Beta2.html

ROM Link (Standard Toolbar): http://www.4shared.com/file/i-dvK2nL/AMDZe...eta2-white.html

Notes:

Put back samsung settings, Touch player (for mms capability), Office 2010. Let me know if there are any more errors that need my attention.

Beta AMDZero 23563 Lite ROM

ROM Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/30lCVoYN/AMDZero-Lite-Beta.html

I'll post pictures later...

Notes:

About 310MB free for ROM and about 89MB free for RAM. I gutted as much as I could without loosing functionality. I left the Samsung Dialer, and Swype in this ROM. For some reason I took out the shortcuts for MS Office, but it IS still installed (look in Windows folder). There is no Remote Desktop in this Build. Again this is BETA, so let me know whats wrong so I can fix it.

Version 3.2(23563):

ROM Link: Version 3.2 with 23563

post-463858-1271741033_thumb.png

Changes From Version 3.1:

I fixed the email/sms issue, the settings icon is now back, and I have ported over 23563 the latest version of com5 WinMo (hope another one doesn't show up tomorrow)

Notes:

This is a minor release.

DC23 (19 April 2010) Samsung update will now be included in all future roms

Version 3.1(23559):

ROM Link: i920 Version 3.1

Changes From Version 3:

I decided to take out MetroLock as winmo doesn't lock device properly (buttons can still turn camera on etc.)

I added Marketplace back in.

I removed SRS WOW HD.

Took out the Titanium Plugins. (you can search for some if you like)

I added Autoclose (to help with memory management)

Notes:

This is to incorporate the Official PDA changes from Samsung and to port over 23559 the latest version of com5 WinMo.

If you are going to use this rom you might as well go grab the official samsung update for the i920:

BEWARE AS THIS OFFICIAL UPDATE FROM SAMSUNG WILL WIPE OUT YOUR MY STORAGE!

Official Samsung i920 April 19, 2010 Update

Version 3(23557):

Rom Link: AMDZero Custom Rom V3 Base

post-463858-1271164073_thumb.pngpost-463858-1271164066_thumb.png post-463858-1271164077_thumb.png

What is removed:

(Same Version 2)

What is added:

Advanced Config Tool

FTouchFlo

OpenGLESv1

PIM Backup

Spb Mobileshell 3.5.3 added (30 Day Trial)

S2U2 2.30 added

More taskbar icons added

Swype is back in

Various Titanium plugins

MetroLock

MortScript 4.2

BT taskbar icon

O2Flash 1.1

Omarket

Orientation Detection

SKTools5

Slide2Shutdown

Samsung SDK 2.0

SRS WOW HD

tacchan23 Dusk icons (and some custom ones from others)

Menu "Bounce" (was apparently taken out of 6.5.x so I found a cab for it)

Opera 10

JBed

HTC Accelerometer sensor emulator

Notes:

AFTER FLASH

First thing to do after flashing is to tap the upper left (or right) corner of the screen. I usually touch the clock. Do this after a few minutes.

----The reason the initial boot takes so long is that when cooking a rom everything is put into the rom, however there are actions after first boot that are accomplished. Moving files, creating/removing directories, and changing registry entries are just a few of the many things that happen. Touching the top part of the screen will invoke the initial load of titanium. If a rom is cooked without titanium enabled, then there is no need to touch the top part of the screen

Next I Disable the samsung lockscreen as it doesn't work in my rom anyways. This will stop the error you will recieve when using touchplayer.

----To do this go to Samsung settings->Display settings->Lock Screen and uncheck "Lock when display times out"

I have loaded MetroLock on this rom so by default if you press the lock shortcut (on start menu) it will lock the device. I don't know how to make the Lock button map to this default windows lockscreen.

There are a few items in the samsung settings that have broken links. Use the standard windows settings screen or install SPB Mobileshell

Links to software I used

SPB MS

MobileShell addon for MS3.5.3

S2U2 (if you use it make sure you uncheck "Don't lock system" in the advanced menu to stop camera button)

gchris titanium mod

(this is an awesome mod for titanium, I just don't use titanium)

Version 2(23518):

ROM Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/217361263/8ea1...o_23518_V2.html

post-463858-1265642967_thumb.png post-463858-1265642979_thumb.png post-463858-1265642988_thumb.png

What is removed:

(additional to Version 1)

Lockscreen removed (disable samsung lock to stop touch player from displaying errors.)

Stuff added:

Advanced Config Tool

FTouchFlo

OpenGLESv1

PHM Registry Editor

PIM Backup

Spb Mobileshell 3.5.3 added (30 Day Trial)

S2U2 2.30 added

More taskbar icons added

Swype is back in

Version 1(23518):

ROM Link: http://www.4shared.com/file/211298130/3f4d...o_23518_V1.html

post-463858-1264870660_thumb.png post-463858-1264870675_thumb.png post-463858-1264870652_thumb.png

What is removed:

Most Verizon stuff

Samsung Widgets

Opera9

Swype

Stuff added:

Advanced Config Tool

FTouchFlo

Phone Ex 2.2 (this is trial and will expire after 15 days)

OpenGLESv1

PHM Registry Editor

XDA_UC

PIM Backup

Notes:

I have successfully flash this rom with Windows 7 (64-bit) and Windows Vista. There are procedures for both, Vista was easy and worked everytime, Windows 7 was flaky and required some "tweaking".

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...g-rom-on-i8000/

I've tested this rom for a day or so, but I may have missed some things. Let me know and I'll try to fix them.

You need to go to settings>General Settings>TouchWiz UI and disable it. (so the top left click doesn't give a shortcut error anyone found a fix for this yet?)

Thanks to Wozzer for the Kitchen, Shemmy for testing and getting the lite rom, tacchan23 for some cool icons and Radioman for the file removal list (and anyone else I've forgotten!)

Donation Link: Buy me a beer

Edited by amdzero

Very nice! It's great to see the cooking exploding like this :) By the way, which .dll file was needed to keep the phone button?

Edited by Shemmy

Guest paulchoy

Does the ROM install guide for the i8000 work for the i920 (i'm assuming)? What changes need to be made for i920's? Pretty knew to this way of flashing (I didn't have an i910) so if someone could post just a sort of breif overview of the steps for me to compare back and forth with the much lengthier link posted on the original post here I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks guys!

Use the x64 driver and the instructions posted in the i8000 section.

Look around man, several people have been kind enough to take the time to post detailed instructions. In the i8000 section, on this forum in the thread for Shemmy's ROM, and I believe in the "Rom Dumped from Update" thread here as well if I'm not mistaken. All the information is pretty much where you'd expect it to be, then there's always the search function for extra, um, efficiency...

Guest WolfpackInCO

Ok couple of things I've noticed:

1 - If I turn off the p.h.o.n.e.x dialer (seeing as it's a trial), it reverts to the Samsung Dialer. BUT, there's a scroll bar to the right for that dialer??

2 - Really should have the Samsung Explorer built-in, though it can be had at the Cab repository.

3 - Can't seem to view the folders/files via Activesync - won't let me click on "Mobile Device" even though the phone is connected/synced.

Edited by WolfpackInCO

1 - If I turn off the Spam alert dialer (seeing as it's a trial), it reverts to the Samsung Dialer. BUT, there's a scroll bar to the right for that dialer??

2 - Really should have the Samsung Explorer built-in, though it can be had at the Cab repository.

3 - Can't seem to view the folders/files via Activesync - won't let me click on "Mobile Device" even though the phone is connected/synced.

Realistically, anything that can be added in without flashing (unless it offers a universally desirable functionality, like the fixed opengl drivers) should be left out I think. That way it's not taking up space unnecessarily if you don't want to use it.

For a lite rom anyways....

Thanks for ROM. The more available the better.

Edited by Snow02

Guest amdzero
Very nice! It's great to see the cooking exploding like this :) By the way, which .dll file was needed to keep the phone button?

WidgetPlus.dll is the file. I chose to put in a trial of Phone Ex (as I have registration for it). If I didn't put it in, the samsung dialer would have the scroll problem.

Also registration is free if you go to the Icon Soft Phone Ex website and give reviews and such.

As for flashing, follow some of the links, or do a search and you'll get your answers.

Edited by amdzero

WidgetPlus.dll is the file. I chose to put in a trial of Spam alert (as I have registration for it). If I didn't put it in, the samsung dialer would have the scroll problem.

Also registration is free if you go to the website and give reviews and such.

Thanks. I really, really dislike how the phone button is tied to the Samsung dialer. It's just as annoying as Touch Player being tied to lockscene.exe!

Guest amdzero

1 - If I turn off the p.h.o.n.e.x dialer (seeing as it's a trial), it reverts to the Samsung Dialer. BUT, there's a scroll bar to the right for that dialer??

1 - The scroll bar is a known problem with WinMo 6.5.x as the taskbar and bottom menu bar have changed sizes. There is currently no known work aorund. I even tried to hack the Dialer resource with smaller images and it just shrank the buttons and still had a scroll bar.

2 - I like using Resco File Explorer, so I didn't put in the samsung file manager.

3 - I'm using Windows 7 (32bit) and activesync works fine for me. I can go to computer, then click on the device and navigate from there.

Anyone else having the activesync issue?

Guest WolfpackInCO
1 - The scroll bar is a known problem with WinMo 6.5.x as the taskbar and bottom menu bar have changed sizes. There is currently no known work aorund. I even tried to hack the Dialer resource with smaller images and it just shrank the buttons and still had a scroll bar.

2 - I like using Resco File Explorer, so I didn't put in the samsung file manager.

3 - I'm using Windows 7 (32bit) and activesync works fine for me. I can go to computer, then click on the device and navigate from there.

Anyone else having the activesync issue?

1 - fixed this by getting rid of scrollbars...works well until this gets fixed in OS.

3 - So I rebooted phone & computer and exploring via ActiveSync is back...not sure what happened!

and why is this?

Swype made several millions dollars so that we can use the program on a device we paid for. Also, some Swype functionality is lost if you remove it and then try to add it back in via cab. I'm all for IP protection, but if I pay for something, I want to use it.

Besides, the swype cabs are out in the wild now. There's no incentive to download our ROMs for any reason other than to flash to an i920.

Guest amdzero
Just to inform that Swype can now be left "untouched" in i920 roms

Is this official, can I post roms to modaco with swype back in then? (I really do miss it!)

Guest tacchan23
Is this official, can I post roms to modaco with swype back in then? (I really do miss it!)

It's in the pinned topic here (and it's only valid for the i920)

Guest amdzero
It's in the pinned topic here (and it's only valid for the i920)

I'm not sure I'm reading it correctly but in the same thread it also has...

"That is true so it is then the duty of the person cooking the ROM to remove the application to prevent non-Verizon users attempting to use it."

So does this mean its okay to leave it in for Verizon i920 users, and not okay for non-Verizon roms?

I just don't want to step out of bounds here.

Guest Omega Ra
I'm not sure I'm reading it correctly but in the same thread it also has...

"That is true so it is then the duty of the person cooking the ROM to remove the application to prevent non-Verizon users attempting to use it."

So does this mean its okay to leave it in for Verizon i920 users, and not okay for non-Verizon roms?

I just don't want to step out of bounds here.

correct, so long as you don't alter it it is okay for I920 ROMS, just not in any other ROMs. But the quote you are talking about was added in earlier, I believe he edited his first post after that to include the information about being able to use an unaltered swype.

Guest amdzero
correct, so long as you don't alter it it is okay for I920 ROMS, just not in any other ROMs. But the quote you are talking about was added in earlier, I believe he edited his first post after that to include the information about being able to use an unaltered swype.

Sounds good to me, why would anyone alter swype? Maybe to take out the tutorial stuff. Anyway I'll put it back in and reup my Rom image.

You have the new Task Switcher shown in the screen captures for your ROM, but it doesn't appear to be included. Do you happen to have a link to the cab for it?

Thanks!

I just noticed that my wifi isn't working. I can turn it on, but it shut off within a few seconds and won't show me a list of available wireless connections. It yours working okay?