Omnia 2 AMDZero 23569 Rom Base/Lite

Guest amdzero

Guest amdzero
I just noticed that my wifi isn't working. I can turn it on, but it shut off within a few seconds and won't show me a list of available wireless connections. It yours working okay?

Yeah mine works just fine.

Guest yardi4life
Update Version 2.

check it out!

Looking good. I think you just convinced to try S2U again. I stopped using it after microsoft added there slide unlocker.

Guest amdzero
Looking good. I think you just convinced to try S2U again. I stopped using it after microsoft added there slide unlocker.

actually I kind of like the samsung lock screen, but I couldn't deal with the 1 second delay anymore.

Looks nice. I just added the Espresso theme to my SPB shell last night and it looks really similar to your layout. Instead of the soft background, I used a red carbon-fiber gradient so that it matches that back case of my i920. Any chance you happened to leave swype in on this ROM?

BTW - I liked the ph0nex alert dialer, but had it disconnect twice over the weekend due to unintended screen touches. For the short time I used it, I liked the Samsung dialer because of the proximity sensor. For that reason alone, I'll probably flash your new ROM tonight.

Thanks for all your work!

Edited by ED2O9

Hmm... I just made a call using ph0nex, and the proximity sensor locked the screen perfectly . I have no idea why is dropped the calls over the weekend. Must have been Verizon's awesome signal strength. ;)

Also, I've been meaning to ask, has anyone found a hack to map a key to 'Enter'? I used to like scrolling through my email using the Omnia d-pad and tapping it to open the files. Not only did Samsung drop the d-pad, but there's no way to map Button 1 to 'Enter'. I'm using AE Button Plus and it works fine, but I'd rather use a registry hack than have more software running in the background. There's a hack to add screen rotation, so I'm hoping that there's an easy solution.

Thanks.

Edited by ED2O9

Guest amdzero
Hmm... I just made a call using ph0nex, and the proximity sensor locked the screen perfectly . I have no idea why is dropped the calls over the weekend. Must have been Verizon's awesome signal strength. ;)

Also, I've been meaning to ask, has anyone found a hack to map a key to 'Enter'? I used to like scrolling through my email using the Omnia d-pad and tapping it to open the files. Not only did Samsung drop the d-pad, but there's no way to map Button 1 to 'Enter'. I'm using AE Button Plus and it works fine, but I'd rather use a registry hack than have more software running in the background. There's a hack to add screen rotation, so I'm hoping that there's an easy solution.

Thanks.

Swype is back in. Also I use Mobileshell to view/read email as I can swipe up and down to scroll through the 3D email screen (have to set email button default as 3d Viewer).

Thanks for the support, hope you like the ROM!

i flahsed when i had the i910 - not quite a flashaholic - but enjoyed it immensely. im working up the courage to flash to your rom. looks great. a question i have not seen asked - if you want to return to the verizon version - would you just do their newest update?

In My I8000 phone not work.

Device

PDA: S:i920.2.0V.CJ10.21863

CSC: I8000AMNJA5

PHONE: N/A

H/W: N/A

PRL: N/A

ERI: N/A

Thanks!

Edited by rmati

Guest lambi1982
i flahsed when i had the i910 - not quite a flashaholic - but enjoyed it immensely. im working up the courage to flash to your rom. looks great. a question i have not seen asked - if you want to return to the verizon version - would you just do their newest update?

Dont be afraid, his rom work VERY well.

I pretty sure Wozzer has a ROM that allows you to go back to the Stock ROM.

Great ROM can't wait for more of your work AMDzero ;)

Guest Omega Ra
In My I8000 phone not work.

Device

PDA: S:i920.2.0V.CJ10.21863

CSC: I8000AMNJA5

PHONE: N/A

H/W: N/A

PRL: N/A

ERI: N/A

Thanks!

this ROM is meant for the i920 verizon CDMA...not the i8000 GSM

I just updated to your latest ROM, and the phone button isn't working. If I hold it down, it jumps to Voice Recognition, but a single tap doesn't bring up the dialer. I read that this was a problem in a couple other ROMs, but I thought you had a fix with WidgetPlus.dll. Otherwise, it's a great ROM with a really nice SPB set-up.

Guest amdzero
Weird... actually, none of my buttons are working. I'm going to reflash the ROM.

Thats strainge, I've had no problems with the phone button.

Once, I did have to go to the today screen and disable titanium (windows default) and disable it then restart and the phone button worked. But that was last week and I thought I resolved that. Please let me know if anything changes after you reflash.

Same thing after a fresh install. The camera, lock and volume buttons work normally. None of the front buttons respond to a normal tap, as well as the OK button on the side. If I hold the phone button, it launches Voice Recognition and if I hold the disconnect button, it shuts down as normal. The center button does nothing.

Also, if you touch the Show Today softkey from the SPB home screen, it goes into a loop and has to be restarted.

BTW - How did you get rid of the scroll bar on the dialer? It's been a nagging problem on a couple other ROMs.

Guest amdzero
Same thing after a fresh install. The camera, lock and volume buttons work normally. None of the front buttons respond to a normal tap, as well as the OK button on the side. If I hold the phone button, it launches Voice Recognition and if I hold the disconnect button, it shuts down as normal. The center button does nothing.

Also, if you touch the Show Today softkey from the SPB home screen, it goes into a loop and has to be restarted.

BTW - How did you get rid of the scroll bar on the dialer? It's been a nagging problem on a couple other ROMs.

I think it is windows today screen messing with some settings. try to disable/re-enable windows mobile. You may need to click on the taskbar icons, then click on 3g, then click the start button that shows up. Let me know if that works and I'll try to see if I can duplicate the problem.

Anyone else having this problem?

im getting ready to flash your rom and it is the first flash for my i920 - did i910 before and i have a question. in the install instructions there are four parts - Eboot, PDA, CSC, Phone. do all four parts get flashed? thanks.

edit - figured it out.

Edited by levytv

Guest chriswells13
I have not. in fact I don't even use bing or live.I might remove them in the future.

This is a potentially dumb question, but if you have Mobile Shell and S2U2 in the rom, how does that effect the upgrade process for these programs? Mobile Shell 5 is going to be coming out soon.

Guest amdzero
This is a potentially dumb question, but if you have Mobile Shell and S2U2 in the rom, how does that effect the upgrade process for these programs? Mobile Shell 5 is going to be coming out soon.

when it comes out I will cook it into a new build. As of right now you cannot uninstall MS 3.5, so I doubt you would be able to install MS 5 over it.

Guest maldonj1

amd, where did you get the taskbar shown in the images?, also i cannot find Remote Desktop Connection on my omnia, did you install it from a cab?

Edited by maldonj1