Omnia 2 AMDZero 23569 Rom Base/Lite

Guest amdzero

Guest maldonj1

just installed v3.1 and i can see my emails in the list but i cant open the email to view it, anyone know a reason why?

Edited by maldonj1

Guest amdzero
just installed the release prior to the beta and i can see my emails in the list but i cant open the email to view it, anyone know a reason why?

does it go from bold print (unread) to standard print (read) after you click the icon?

I know the fix for this, but it has to be cooked in. If this is the case I'll need to fix that.

Guest maldonj1
does it go from bold print (unread) to standard print (read) after you click the icon?

I know the fix for this, but it has to be cooked in. If this is the case I'll need to fix that.

yes thats exactly what its doing, same thing for text messages but if i hit reply all then it will let me read it and reply otherwise its a no go

Guest amdzero
yes thats exactly what its doing, same thing for text messages but if i hit reply all then it will let me read it and reply otherwise its a no go

I'll fix it and reup it. It will probably be tomorrow tho as I'm working on fixing the Lite version first.

Guest maldonj1
I'll fix it and reup it. It will probably be tomorrow tho as I'm working on fixing the Lite version first.

sweet thanks, wouldnt be an issue but i use it to connect to exchange for work and i usually get about 30-45 emails a day, other than that the rom is perfect, does the lite version not have titanium? i use spb.

Guest amdzero
sweet thanks, wouldnt be an issue but i use it to connect to exchange for work and i usually get about 30-45 emails a day, other than that the rom is perfect, does the lite version not have titanium? i use spb.

The light version has titanium, as thats what comes with WinMo. I'm trying to get it as small as I can but making it fully functional. So far I've had to add a lot back in as the camera/mms/sms/lockscreen have been a pain to get around without samsung apps. So back to samsung stuff, as little of it as I can put in.

Guest amdzero
The light version has titanium, as thats what comes with WinMo. I'm trying to get it as small as I can but making it fully functional. So far I've had to add a lot back in as the camera/mms/sms/lockscreen have been a pain to get around without samsung apps. So back to samsung stuff, as little of it as I can put in.

I know that I asked this before but could someone help me out on this.

Record a short video.

click the bottom button to review/play your video

click top right button to send your video

Does the mms icon apear greyed out?

I see "Connected Home" "MMS "E-mail" "Bluetooth" icons, but mms is dark/transparent/greyed.

I just flashed the 19 April official samsung update and this is the case. Was it always like that? Why would they put the option in there and grey it?

Is it the resolution that needs to be 176x144? I seem to remember it resizing things before sending, or was that just a picture?

-Frustrated

Guest maldonj1

Record a short video.

I see "Connected Home" "MMS "E-mail" "Bluetooth" icons, but mms is dark/transparent/greyed.

I just flashed the 19 April official samsung update and this is the case. Was it always like that? Why would they put the option in there and grey it?

Is it the resolution that needs to be 176x144? I seem to remember it resizing things before sending, or was that just a picture?

-Frustrated

just did the video and yes its greyed out, and no i'm about 95% sure it wasnt this way, i dont think the resolution makes much of a difference because i went down to 640x480 and did a 4 sec video and it was still greyed out, and pictures are automatically resized

as far as adding samsung stuff back in i dont think anyone will mind as long as everything works, i think the main thing is taking out the verizon junk as far as im concerned

Edited by maldonj1

Guest amdzero
just did the video and yes its greyed out, and no i'm about 95% sure it wasnt this way, i dont think the resolution makes much of a difference because i went down to 640x480 and did a 4 sec video and it was still greyed out, and pictures are automatically resized

as far as adding samsung stuff back in i dont think anyone will mind as long as everything works, i think the main thing is taking out the verizon junk as far as im concerned

thanks,

anyone still using the stock or official samsung update want to comment on the grey mms option? If not I guess I could check myself, it just takes SO DAMN LONG, and I have to use my other computer due to MIT drivers.

Guest maldonj1
thanks,

anyone still using the stock or official samsung update want to comment on the grey mms option? If not I guess I could check myself, it just takes SO DAMN LONG, and I have to use my other computer due to MIT drivers.

if not i can flash back to the stock one when i get to work tommorrow, unless you can link me the stock rom then i can do it now

Edited by maldonj1

Guest WinJo69

Record a short video.

-Frustrated

AMDZero - I just flashed back to the Stock ROM and followed your steps.

It worked perfectly. As it did in your full ROM too. I did switch it down to 176/144 but it works perfectly fine.

Btw - now that I got this monster STOCK ROM on my Phone - I seem to be 'missing' stuff. I think I wiped out some files from My Storage. That are needed??? For example the Ferrari GT game does not work! ( LOL) Wonder what else I hosed up? Is there are way to fully flash the Phone by to 'Factory Stock' The upgrades will not rerun.

Good Luck! and I'll keep watching for next release!

Guest amdzero
AMDZero - I just flashed back to the Stock ROM and followed your steps.

It worked perfectly. As it did in your full ROM too. I did switch it down to 176/144 but it works perfectly fine.

Btw - now that I got this monster STOCK ROM on my Phone - I seem to be 'missing' stuff. I think I wiped out some files from My Storage. That are needed??? For example the Ferrari GT game does not work! ( LOL) Wonder what else I hosed up? Is there are way to fully flash the Phone by to 'Factory Stock' The upgrades will not rerun.

Good Luck! and I'll keep watching for next release!

just redownload the samsung update and you should be back to stock. Thanks for testing. NONE of the system files are put on My Storage, however, when you do the samsung official updates, it wipes it clean. Ferrari GT game is not in my Lite rom.

Lite Rom updated to beta 2

Guest WinJo69
just redownload the samsung update and you should be back to stock. Thanks for testing. NONE of the system files are put on My Storage, however, when you do the samsung official updates, it wipes it clean. Ferrari GT game is not in my Lite rom.

Lite Rom updated to beta 2

It definately matters what size\format you record the video in for what options it gives you. Smallest Size give MMS

Sweet!

Downloading Beta 2 Now!

I'll post my report by lunch time tomorrow the latest!

Thanks again!

Guest amdzero
It definately matters what size\format you record the video in for what options it gives you. Smallest Size give MMS

Sweet!

Downloading Beta 2 Now!

I'll post my report by lunch time tomorrow the latest!

Thanks again!

Great! I gave up on looking for internet explorer tweaks. I couldn't find the homepage reg key, nor the favorites keys. What I tried didn't work, so it is untweaked. I don't even use IE anyways, now that Opera Mobile 10 is so freakin' AWESOME!

Guest maldonj1
Great! I gave up on looking for internet explorer tweaks. I couldn't find the homepage reg key, nor the favorites keys. What I tried didn't work, so it is untweaked. I don't even use IE anyways, now that Opera Mobile 10 is so freakin' AWESOME!

any idea when email will be fixed?, i looked at a few other roms and this one has everything i want in a rom including the custom fully functioning task bar so i rather wait for this one to be fixed

Guest amdzero
any idea when email will be fixed?, i looked at a few other roms and this one has everything i want in a rom including the custom fully functioning task bar so i rather wait for this one to be fixed

I have a new rom, but I broke the data connection. I have to go in and manually set the phone number to #777 and the password as vzw. I'm trying to fix it, but after that I will release it. Should be later today.

Guest maldonj1
I have a new rom, but I broke the data connection. I have to go in and manually set the phone number to #777 and the password as vzw. I'm trying to fix it, but after that I will release it. Should be later today.

awesome thank you and quit breakin stuff...lol

here is something you might want to add into the rom, move these two files to the Windows Directory to overwrite the current ones and we will no longer have the full battery charged sound that wakes everyone up.

Alarm2.wav

Notify.wav

Edited by maldonj1

Guest RoyalDrew
awesome thank you and quit breakin stuff...lol

here is something you might want to add into the rom, move these two files to the Windows Directory to overwrite the current ones and we will no longer have the full battery charged sound that wakes everyone up.

now THAT is a GREAT idea lol... i hate that damn thing

Guest WinJo69

I agree that the New Opera is NICE. I need to tweak the Favorite Panel to Use it! (or create one)

Ok Here Goes!

Memory - 83.43MB Free

Storage - 277.63MB Free

This looks Really Good! Very clean minor issues only, (Most can be handled personally). (so Far)

(I think I tested everything possible) Some are just questions I hope I can get feedback on.

Button one - Center button is not mapped to anything.

Start Menu

"Windows Media" On the Start Menu - Error - 'CubicWMPlayer.exe cannot be Opened.....' - Is this just pointing to the wrong file? or should the .lnk have been removed completely??

Two Links - one App

"Pictures and Videos" = My Pictures Version 1.0

"My Pictures" = My Pictures Version 1.0

"Market Place" = Link There - is there a way to control WHERE it will install?

By Default is goes to Device Right - It never prompts for an option -

"Internet Sharing" - Questions - does this really work? Is Verizon going to send me a HUGE Bill if I use it?

"'Touch' Media Player" - When in Video Menu Options for VCast Music Rhapsody and VCast Videos

********************************************************************************

Desktop -

Music - goes to Windows Media Player - (But link in Start Menu Does not work?- Odd) - Is this right? was there 3 Media Players on this thing orginally?

**Clock and Alarms - Uses STD Time, but does not give AM\PM Option or Military Option. So how do I know if I am setting my alarm\Clock to AM or PM? (LOL) - This one needs some help I use my phone as my alarm clock

Omnia Settings

Customer Feedback - not working - (Who cares! LOL)

Managed Programs - Not Working - (What value is this anyway?) Never see ANYTHING IN IT - what and how would I use this? What Value would it have?

Installed System Apps - How do these things get into Here? Smart Lock, Voice Command - Just wondering?

WifI Settings - Rolling Prgress Bar - Never seems to enter into actual options - Works fine from WinMo Settings

Bluetooth Setting - Banged up - Works fine from WinMo Settings

When I go into Theme - The Current Honeycomb background it not there and then when I exit Theme it loses the Honeycomb background and defaults to the Windows Default Background - This is not NEW - but it is annoying. - Same thing when I go into Wallpaper - (Where do I find the honeycomb one and how do I reset it?)

Sounds

Reminders - Set to Remind-01 - but that sounds does not seem to be installed.

********************************************************************************

WinMo Settings

Home - Browse for a Pictue - Nothing comes up

I will do a deep dive into Registry and anything else I can find from assorted Utilities.

Also - The Stock ROM Definately had some stuff on 'My Storage' - So far the only thing I have found for certain is that Ferrai GT Game. The Shortcut (.lnk) file points to My Storage, and I wiped that out. (lol) I reinstalled the Stock OEM from the one that was posted up here and it resets everything except this dumb game. (I assume). Anyway - IF I ever wanted to revert back to the true Factory Setting I assume I will need to either wait for the NEXT release from Samsung\Verizon - or find the missing files elsewhere - Not a big deal, but I just thought I would point this out. If I ever needed service, it would be good to put everything back to the Bloated Junk Verizon way - (if possible) Does anyone have a backup of the Stock 'my storage' drive? Could I get it?

****AMDZero - Thanks again for your efforts and very nice work!

Guest maldonj1

ok i think i screwed up, i installed 3.1 not 3.2 and i noticed you state that the email issue was fixed in 3.2, downloading and installing 3.2 now.... sooooo sorry if you wasted time looking!

just installed 3.2 and emails working fine!

Edited by maldonj1

Guest amdzero
ok i think i screwed up, i installed 3.1 not 3.2 and i noticed you state that the email issue was fixed in 3.2, downloading and installing 3.2 now.... sooooo sorry if you wasted time looking!

just installed 3.2 and emails working fine!

aaahhh, that makes sense. I was trying to fix what was already fixed! Thanks.

Guest amdzero
I agree that the New Opera is NICE. I need to tweak the Favorite Panel to Use it! (or create one)

Ok Here Goes!

Memory - 83.43MB Free

Storage - 277.63MB Free

This looks Really Good! Very clean minor issues only, (Most can be handled personally). (so Far)

(I think I tested everything possible) Some are just questions I hope I can get feedback on.

Button one - Center button is not mapped to anything.

Start Menu

"Windows Media" On the Start Menu - Error - 'CubicWMPlayer.exe cannot be Opened.....' - Is this just pointing to the wrong file? or should the .lnk have been removed completely??

Two Links - one App

"Pictures and Videos" = My Pictures Version 1.0

"My Pictures" = My Pictures Version 1.0

"Market Place" = Link There - is there a way to control WHERE it will install?

By Default is goes to Device Right - It never prompts for an option -

"Internet Sharing" - Questions - does this really work? Is Verizon going to send me a HUGE Bill if I use it?

"'Touch' Media Player" - When in Video Menu Options for VCast Music Rhapsody and VCast Videos

Desktop -

Music - goes to Windows Media Player - (But link in Start Menu Does not work?- Odd) - Is this right? was there 3 Media Players on this thing orginally?

**Clock and Alarms - Uses STD Time, but does not give AM\PM Option or Military Option. So how do I know if I am setting my alarm\Clock to AM or PM? (LOL) - This one needs some help I use my phone as my alarm clock

Omnia Settings

Customer Feedback - not working - (Who cares! LOL)

Managed Programs - Not Working - (What value is this anyway?) Never see ANYTHING IN IT - what and how would I use this? What Value would it have?

Installed System Apps - How do these things get into Here? Smart Lock, Voice Command - Just wondering?

WifI Settings - Rolling Prgress Bar - Never seems to enter into actual options - Works fine from WinMo Settings

Bluetooth Setting - Banged up - Works fine from WinMo Settings

When I go into Theme - The Current Honeycomb background it not there and then when I exit Theme it loses the Honeycomb background and defaults to the Windows Default Background - This is not NEW - but it is annoying. - Same thing when I go into Wallpaper - (Where do I find the honeycomb one and how do I reset it?)

Sounds

Reminders - Set to Remind-01 - but that sounds does not seem to be installed.

WinMo Settings

Home - Browse for a Pictue - Nothing comes up

I will do a deep dive into Registry and anything else I can find from assorted Utilities.

Also - The Stock ROM Definately had some stuff on 'My Storage' - So far the only thing I have found for certain is that Ferrai GT Game. The Shortcut (.lnk) file points to My Storage, and I wiped that out. (lol) I reinstalled the Stock OEM from the one that was posted up here and it resets everything except this dumb game. (I assume). Anyway - IF I ever wanted to revert back to the true Factory Setting I assume I will need to either wait for the NEXT release from Samsung\Verizon - or find the missing files elsewhere - Not a big deal, but I just thought I would point this out. If I ever needed service, it would be good to put everything back to the Bloated Junk Verizon way - (if possible) Does anyone have a backup of the Stock 'my storage' drive? Could I get it?

****AMDZero - Thanks again for your efforts and very nice work!

THANKS! That was certainly quick. I'll look into the issues mentioned and see what happens from there. Also I have a the Ferrai GT files on my "My Storage" if you do want them. I had no idea that it relied on them. I knew there were default folders from stock including the swype folder but didn't know that it doesn't re-create them once the program is launched.

Guest WinJo69
THANKS! That was certainly quick. I'll look into the issues mentioned and see what happens from there. Also I have a the Ferrai GT files on my "My Storage" if you do want them. I had no idea that it relied on them. I knew there were default folders from stock including the swype folder but didn't know that it doesn't re-create them once the program is launched.

Thanks so much for checking.

If you could upload them somewhere for me then at least I can have a true reset to the Verizon spec if it ever came to that!

I really like this one. Its actually very fast and clean. Installing all my personal stuff to make sure all is well with them too.

Thanks again!

Edited by WinJo69

Guest Bryan W.

Hey,

Can someone highlight the differences of this rom from ninja or yardi? I'm prob gonna give it a try today, and I'd sure appreciate info on anything new/different to look for.

Guest amdzero
Hey,

Can someone highlight the differences of this rom from ninja or yardi? I'm prob gonna give it a try today, and I'd sure appreciate info on anything new/different to look for.

I haven't tried either of their roms, but you should probably give them all a spin for a day or so. Lots of talent going into these ROMs.