[ROM] HD2 Leo2 Fusion / BETA 2 RELEASED TODAY

Guest rodrigofd

Guest rodrigofd

Hi,

This is my second beta version of my HTC Sense-based, Omnia2 ROM, after LONG! time from my first Beta 1 release ;)

I am sorry i delay a lot from release to release, but this hoby is very time demanding, and i cannot let my life go :(

>> DOWNLOAD NOW. <<

176 MB size, NB0 format, ENGLISH ONLY ROM.

Flash it with Octans Downloader 2.13 or newer, under 'PDA' section.

FULLY COMPATIBLE with I8000 and I8000L PHONES. B7610 NOT SUPPORTED.

ROM is based on latest avaible official stock rom, as to February 26th.

Better flash it with latest EBOOT and PHONE parts.

I don't recommend to use a particular CSC file. CSC files modify some files and settings in an undesired way, i recommend you better not. The rom automatically configures your network settings, anyway.

I WILL ASK FOR ONE USER TO DOWNLOAD , AND RE-UPLOAD TO ONLY ONE MIRROR. PLEASE DO NOT POST THE ROM OR LINK IN ANY OTHER PLACE. DO NOT DISTRIBUTE ROM. AT MOST, LINK TO THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.

Now credits for contributions to my work:

Weisun, Akwan, Bepe, for their handy tools

Wes and Khuanchai for their contibution on the O2 cooking scene

Harshal Dubli, another genius indian expert, for his patches on HTC Album and HTC photo picker

Sorg for rom dumping tool

Rafivitto for his kind help (my Acer S200 mate)

But probably the biggest credit we owe for this to be reality are the big GINKAGE and CHAINFIRE

For those who don't know, real magic behing Sense running on O2 is their work .. thx to you guys :D

Thanks to everyone for keeping supporting my work ! Very gratefull to you all..!!

All of these ever gratefull for your kind donations:

Diverdude (x2), Lancez, Chng Albert, 40MillionBaht.com, Roger Meijer, Alan smith, Clarel Savournaden, Michal Vogl, Monyozt, Gert-Tom Boonstra, Rick Collins, Anghel, Manos Olymbios, Ivan552, Jacklivehere, Secany, Miguel Arranz Santidrian, Tomas Hudecek, SOHIL ANWAR ALI, iWiNMo (x2), Grzegorz Tatarkin, Lanfranco Lampa, Antonio Castillo León, Antonio Castillo León, Mikiemad, Adam Rosell, C R Chong, Carlos Calens, Abdullah Wafa, Iordanis Dermetzidis, Jan Stadtmüller, 李 柏傑, Lucian Ionut Huidici, Giovanni Pecchia, Rodrigo Antonio Orozco Lino, Alejandros

PS. i post your names according to donations as a retribution, as i can't tell some modaco usernames. If i missed you or you don't desire your name to be included kindly let me know your username and i replace it.

OMNIA2 LE-O2 FUSION BETA 2 ROM

Most HTC Sense bugs have been fixed thanks to Ginkage Libgles library updates. Last version is cooked in, no need to replace it.

Available memory IS AN ISSUE, please DO NOT make posts like 'i can't use this.. is useless.. too little memory... too slow.. etc etc'..

This is mostly an attemp to use an eye-candy interface in one great piece of hardware, Omnia2. HTC Sense and apps are written specifically and optimized for, HTC HD2 phone. So it will ALWAYS be slower, clunkier, and memory-hungry. Either live with it, or use another rom.

REMEMBER that: HD2 phone has 570 !!! MB of RAM... ours has only 256, and half of it available to user..:D ..

Second, HD2 runs on Snapdragon 1Ghz CPU, vs our samsung 800Mhz cpu, and we can magically run HTC Sense, but using an intermediate-adapter, Ginkage libgles interfase, which will probably NEVER run HTC apps in the same native speed as HTC phones... unless Omnia2 cpu were various times more powerful than that of HD2.

It is similar to running console emulators on a PC: your PC power must be VERY superior to the console's , as to run it to real speed..

RULES

- HD2 apps are taken from 1.66 base rom, HTC Sense 2.5.1921. LATEST TMOUS Sense packages are highly unstable to use on Omnia2... i am aware of each tiny HD2 update (i own HD2 myself)

- Use of this software is AS-IS.. there are NONE garantees, and i take no responsabilities.

- It is solely for personal use. Do not distribute it, and please do not modify (cook) it, and release such modified version.

- Don't ask to add or remove X or Y application.

- Try to fix or solve issues by yourself.. and share solutions with the forum, so everyone gets benefited. I can't dedicate full-time support to this.

Edited by rodrigofd

Guest stu_2k1

Cant wait rod, if you need a tester give me a shout.

This time remember not to host it on your own server ;)

Edited by stu_2k1

Guest rodrigofd

Yes, i'll probably host it on rapidshare ...

Any kind user can provide me links to dl a NB0 rom dump of JA5 english ROM ? That will speed up my work . Thanks

Guest JohnJayJrV

Kind of off topic, but would the Sense that you use work with the i920? Not the ROM, but the sense 2.5 that is included with the ROM. I'm wondering if someone could pull the Sense from your ROM and create a cab. We have a version, but most of the components don't work.

jv

Any kind user can provide me links to dl a NB0 rom dump of JA5 english ROM ? That will speed up my work . Thanks

secany is going to release a new ROM soon. might wanna wait a little bit. thanks

Guest auras76

here ar dump 0409 ja5

http://rapidshare.com/files/342480169/rom_dump.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/342524866/rom_dump.part2.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/342563908/rom_dump.part3.rar

Guest akirita

rodrigofd thanks for the much awaited beta 2., I'm about to sell my omnia 2 for htc hd2 because I love the manila 2.5.

thanks I hope more functional beta 2 in the coming days.

thanks mate

Spanish translation:

gracias rodrigofd por la tan esperada beta 2., estoy apunto de vender mi omnia 2 por un htc hd2 por que me encanta el manila 2.5.

gracias espero la beta 2 mas funcional en los proximos dias.

gracias compañero

y haber si te pasas por hacspain.com un poco más y animas a los cocineros españoles a hacer una rom en castellano.

gracias

Edited by akirita

Guest rodrigofd
rodrigofd thanks for the much awaited beta 2., I'm about to sell my omnia 2 for htc hd2 because I love the manila 2.5.

thanks I hope more functional beta 2 in the coming days.

thanks mate

Spanish translation:

gracias rodrigofd por la tan esperada beta 2., estoy apunto de vender mi omnia 2 por un htc hd2 por que me encanta el manila 2.5.

gracias espero la beta 2 mas funcional en los proximos dias.

gracias compañero

y haber si te pasas por hacspain.com un poco más y animas a los cocineros españoles a hacer una rom en castellano.

gracias

It's funny, i myself am constantly tempted of buying HD2, even more now that apparently it is possible to get 3G american bands HD2 .... and new released and custom ROMs seem to improve a lot of its initial turndowns, like camera and so....

However i still love my Omnia2 and i will squeeze it as much as i can... and i'll go on with Omnia 2 Leo fusion ROM as far as i can push it... hope anyone more than me find it usable ;)

Guest rodrigofd
good things have to wait .... will test the ROM as well as to wait for ur ultra lite ROM ;)

Just to the ones interested to now:

my usual work scheme, is ,

1) get english dump from latest OEM PDA ROM (from the only known public source available)

2) Re-construct OEM packages, since, as all omnia2 know, Samsung isn't as nice as HTC to preserve internal OEM package structure, and thus ALL oem stuff is in one single huge packet (OEMApps), including all reg. settings on a single RGU.

So this step, the hardest and longest, consists of packetizing each component, into its own folder, with its files, AND dissect the single RGU file , into settings from each package. This work , of course, is prone to human error, as it is hand-made. But after doing it for last 7 or 8 ROMs, i became pretty skilled on this (i almost do it automatically)

3) That leaves me with a clean, ultra-lite, ROM.. Then, i include and adapt latest HTC packages, so in order to reach the HD2 ROM, i neccesarily build an ultra-lite rom.

in short, both versions get released at the same time...

Guest Balaomnia

Hi ROD

It's a great news... I'm waiting for your beta2 for a lloooonng time.

One small observation I wanted to share with you.... Im using your beta1 in conjunction with all the new CSC, eboot and phone of JA5 and everything seems to be very responsive and i get about 45mb free ram constant.

Thanks

Bala

Guest sioppao

i was too hesitant at first to falsh our beta 1 but when i got to, despite its bugs i was so amazed. and yes, it made mewant to consider buying a HD2 myself. but now, this can be ported, i will patiently wait.

good luck sir!

Guest lucienium

Hi! How 'bout making that Ultralite ROM available for everyone as well? :-)

No Samsung (Except for Camera, FM Radio, and Touch Player) and Microsoft applications and widgets. Default everything.