Has anyone been able to pull the radio part out of the update?

Guest gergenhime

Guest gergenhime

There for a while there seemed to be a lot of progress being made on breaking apart the samsung ck24 update. I still have it all broke down in my roms except where we got stuck at the Data3.bin file, nobody could seem to extract anything useable out of it. I constantly travel for my job in the oilfield and have had serious issues with dropped calls and was really hoping to be able to get this radio update ripped out so we could upload it through octans. I broke down recently and bought the windows 7 professional upgrade so i could use windows xp mode and try flashing the official update that way with no luck. I can't seem to attach the usb drive fast enough when it reboots the phone to install the update. I bricked 2 phones trying to get this thing loaded in windows 7 so wasn't really wanting to go that route again. Anyways if anybody has had any luck with this i'd appreciate a response. Thanks!

Guest gergenhime

Just an update, I finally did install the samsung update ck24 after downloading and installing Windows XP full sp3 and I am very happy with the upgraded radio. I am getting amazing reception in areas i used to have very poor call quality. The panhandle of Texas, most of Oklahoma, and across Arkansas are my main tromping grounds. I recently drove from Allison, TX to Little Rock, AR and didn't have a single dropped call on the entire trip whereas, before it was a constant battle for me. Just thought i'd throw that out there though...i personally recommend using this upgrade if you are having any difficulty with your calls.