How I Flashed my Omnia VZW i920

Guest kdkinc
Yup, octans 2.14 full, everything that came in a rar has been extracted. Is the nb0 file the only thing i need to plug into octans? aside from the check boxes, i mean i installed the samsung CDMA modem 4-1-.34 I got the driver running unsigned from 2003 (on the properties) I guess the only thing left is to try a different rom...? I'm trying AMD zero 23518 v2

nbo & go..

amdzero will be coming out with a new rom soon

:P :(

Guest paulchoy
nbo & go..

amdzero will be coming out with a new rom soon

:P :(

I have to be doing something wrong, and the only thing i can think of is that stupid part about pressing F8 to allow unsigned drivers, I guess i'll just have to try an XP machine

Guest paulchoy
I have to be doing something wrong, and the only thing i can think of is that stupid part about pressing F8 to allow unsigned drivers, I guess i'll just have to try an XP machine

got it all figured out, sometimes i guess you just gotta dig deep within lol. Appreciate all the help everyone has given~! Running one of Yardi's ROM's and it's working phenominally~! :P

Guest kdkinc
got it all figured out, sometimes i guess you just gotta dig deep within lol. Appreciate all the help everyone has given~! Running one of Yardi's ROM's and it's working phenominally~! :P

would please tell us of the mistake you were making so that it may help others :( :(

oh by the way Congratulations!!!!

B) ;)

Edited by kdkinc

Guest emvious

Running Vista (not vista 7) on my PC and trying to flash to Ninja's rom.

I'm able to load the version 5 samsung driver on my machine. However, i don't have the option to select "XP SP 3" for the Octans' Loaded compatibility mode. I only had "XP SP 2"

so i went with SP2. Started up Octans, loaded Ninja's rom using the PDA button, checked the boxes "Skip over waiting for booting completely" and "Start downloading Immediately", clicked detect, and connected my phone to USB while it was powered off.

The Octan showed it was loading but it would stop at 3%. I tried a second time and it stopped at 9%. Tried a third time and octans stopped at 6%.

Anybody have anybody why this is happening? Is this problem happening because I'm running Octans in "XP SP2" mode instead of "XP SP3"?

post-356302-1270402362_thumb.jpg

post-356302-1270402389_thumb.jpg

Guest kdkinc

I'm able to load the version 5 samsung driver on my machine. However, i don't have the option to select "XP SP 3" for the Octans' Loaded compatibility mode. I only had "XP SP 2"

so i went with SP2. Started up Octans, loaded Ninja's rom using the PDA button, checked the boxes "Skip over waiting for booting completely" and "Start downloading Immediately", clicked detect, and connected my phone to USB while it was powered off.

The Octan showed it was loading but it would stop at 3%. I tried a second time and it stopped at 9%. Tried a third time and octans stopped at 6%.

Anybody have anybody why this is happening? Is this problem happening because I'm running Octans in "XP SP2" mode instead of "XP SP3"?

THis a guide for a GSM network phone there are some similarities that may help you. I wish I had more to offer but I've never run a Vista machine :P

for GSM phone

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...windows-7-only/

:( :(

Guest emvious

I'm able to get past my problem. I was able to flash using another PC. The PC i was using the first time around is known to lose the USB connection.

Guest kdkinc
I'm able to get past my problem. I was able to flash using another PC. The PC i was using the first time around is known to lose the USB connection.

yeah That could be an issue :P :(

Glad you got it Happy Flashing :( B)

;) :o

Guest das7771

It should also be noted, that for all that are having problems with octans not conecting to your phone. If you are sure that you have done all steps right and octans will still not flash your phone. Leave Octans in detect mode and unplug/plug your phone's usb cable a couple of times. Make sure that the battery icon goes away before you plug your phone back in. i flash my phone at least once a day some time 10 times in a day. At least once or twice a day if I am doing a lot of flashing octans will not detect my phone properly. All I have to do is unplug and plug the cable back in a couple of times and it will detect it eventually. I am using WIN 7 x64 and it is very common for me to have to do this in order for me to flash my phone.

Guest the sandman
Ok

I think know what you want are the drivers I used .

I have Win 7 on my PC I used Win 7 32 bit drivers .

;) ;)

hi. im having a hard time trying to flash my phone. i have windows 7 32 bit. where can i get the drivers for it?

Edit: never mind i found it! thanks for this guide i flashed my phone perfectly!

Edited by the sandman

Guest kdkinc
hi. im having a hard time trying to flash my phone. i have windows 7 32 bit. where can i get the drivers for it?

Edit: never mind i found it! thanks for this guide i flashed my phone perfectly!

Glad to hear I could help ;) ;)

;) :P

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest jjdavola

Is this the best flashing guide out there for the SCH-i920 from Verizon? FYI I'm a MAJOR n00b when it comes to flashing ROMs, so I need my hand held a little. :)

But before I even consider flashing, my Omnia II was purchased by my firm, so I have to give it back to them in a year or so. Will I still be able to connect to my firm's network with ActiveSync and use the phone without our IT people finding out about this? Also will it simply be as easy as reflashing the original stock ROM to the phone before I would need to turn it in?

Finally, what's the best, most stable and lightest ROM out there?

Thank you!

Guest kdkinc
Is this the best flashing guide out there for the SCH-i920 from Verizon? FYI I'm a MAJOR n00b when it comes to flashing ROMs, so I need my hand held a little. :)

But before I even consider flashing, my Omnia II was purchased by my firm, so I have to give it back to them in a year or so. Will I still be able to connect to my firm's network with ActiveSync and use the phone without our IT people finding out about this? Also will it simply be as easy as reflashing the original stock ROM to the phone before I would need to turn it in?

Finally, what's the best, most stable and lightest ROM out there?

Thank you!

AMDZero & Ninja both have nice "basic " roms.

Sorry if the "guide: doesn't read like a novel its mostly clip and paste I ain't no writer :) BUT the info is there,

As far as your IT people depends when they look at it as of now we can always go back to the DC23 rom by samsung by Flashing .

after you flash a few times its a no brainer...even I did it!!

I don't connect to a company network but I don't believe its a big issue but hopefully someone more qualified will answer that point.

Hope I helped a bit

:) :)

Guest jjdavola
AMDZero & Ninja both have nice "basic " roms.

Sorry if the "guide: doesn't read like a novel its mostly clip and paste I ain't no writer :) BUT the info is there,

As far as your IT people depends when they look at it as of now we can always go back to the DC23 rom by samsung by Flashing .

after you flash a few times its a no brainer...even I did it!!

I don't connect to a company network but I don't believe its a big issue but hopefully someone more qualified will answer that point.

Hope I helped a bit

:) :P

Thanks! It's just a little difficult to follow for a n00b since I have Windows 7 Ultimate - 32 bit. If I had XP, I'd probably be flashed by now. :)

BTW what do you mean by it depends on when IT looks at it? I don't think they would even realize what I did to the phone if they had my phone in their hands, but I just didn't know if flashing it would somehow set off a red flag on the network for some reason since security is critical. FYI my IT still hasn't approved Androids and only approved iPhones last September.

Are you saying once I would turn in my phone I would just simply have to flash THIS to my phone and I'd be back to the stock ROM? If so, that would be sweet. :)

Guest kdkinc
Thanks! It's just a little difficult to follow for a n00b since I have Windows 7 Ultimate - 32 bit. If I had XP, I'd probably be flashed by now. :)

BTW what do you mean by it depends on when IT looks at it? I don't think they would even realize what I did to the phone if they had my phone in their hands, but I just didn't know if flashing it would somehow set off a red flag on the network for some reason since security is critical. FYI my IT still hasn't approved Androids and only approved iPhones last September.

Are you saying once I would turn in my phone I would just simply have to flash THIS to my phone and I'd be back to the stock ROM? If so, that would be sweet. :)

"Are you saying once I would turn in my phone I would just simply have to flash THIS to my phone and I'd be back to the stock ROM? If so, that would be sweet. smile.gif

there is a .rar version that you can use, Once you flash DC23 from Samsung you can't use their flash again. The .rar version will do it.

I've never had IT people to deal with so that's why the cautionary tone.

The hardest part of flashing is the MIT drivers, timing is everything . Thankfully you only have to do it once.

:) :)

Guest kdkinc

Hi guys,

You can now flash your O2 ROM using x64 Windows 7.

Procedure

1. Press F8 before windows boot (after bios).

2. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and boot up windows.

3. Connect ur phone to ur PC / laptop (Phone must be off).

4. The driver Samsung MITs USB sync will be installed.

5. Open Device Manager, double-click on Samsung MITs USB sync and re-install with driver provided below.

6. Choose Update Driver->Browse my computer for driver software->Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer->Click on Have Disk and browse to the driver folder and install. (If prompted driver unsigned, ignore and click ok. Driver is dated 2003).

7. Then right-click on Octans Downloader->Compatibility, select "Windows XP (SP3)" and check "Run as Administrator".

8. Flash as per normal... tongue.gif

Note*: You will need to re-install the driver everytime if it is not the correct version after a reboot.

I have tested and flashed it numerous times without any issue.

Do not try on vista as I'm not sure.

Attached File ( 49.31K ) Number of downloads: 3012

NOTE .i8000_x64.rar post 1.

Edited by kdkinc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest kdkinc
if octansgivesyou an issue on detection afteryou hit detect just remove and reinsertyour usb cord untilit detects

Great tip

Thanks

:) :D

Guest norm883

As an FYI I could not do without clicking a Tic on Erase NV PDA.

Until then I was frozen and screen locked on Downlod then when I removed, had to remove battery and then it was locked on a screen of a picture of a phone to pc.

Did all you said X 3 then resorted to trying other options that worked and progressed smoothly.

Thanks for you post to get me started,

Norm883

Edited by norm883

Guest xlightwaverx
Great tip

Thanks

:angry: :D

An even better tip is after you hit detect, take the battery out, put it back in, close the cover and plug usb in, works everytime with vista. octans takes right off.

X

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LordSith

I'm still having trouble getting my Win7 Ult 32 to recognize my phone. I have flashed it by using an XP machine, but now when I try to plug it back into my main PC (running the Win7) I get "Unrecognized Device"

This is after trying to update the drivers to the ones posted on the first page of this thread. I tried re-installing the drivers off the CD that came with my phone, but it told me the best drivers were already installed.

I can still flash with the XP machine (built a crappy system just for flashing) but want to sync with this computer.

Any idea's?

Guest amdzero
I'm still having trouble getting my Win7 Ult 32 to recognize my phone. I have flashed it by using an XP machine, but now when I try to plug it back into my main PC (running the Win7) I get "Unrecognized Device"

This is after trying to update the drivers to the ones posted on the first page of this thread. I tried re-installing the drivers off the CD that came with my phone, but it told me the best drivers were already installed.

I can still flash with the XP machine (built a crappy system just for flashing) but want to sync with this computer.

Any idea's?

Windows 7 can flash the i920, infact I have 64-bit win7 installed for my main computer.

What you need to do is forget the drivers that came with the CD, those won't get you flashing with octans. Open up device manager and connect the phone while it is off. you should see a small icon show up with a yellow yield sign because it is unrecognized.

right click, update drivers software

don't select a pre-listed driver, go through the steps to find your own driver, something like browse my computer for driver software, until you get to Have Disk.

If you aren't fast enough (I'm usually not) then the computer will make the usb disconnect sound (thats okay just keep going)

Find the actual file found on page one of this thread for your windows version, and select the "file" that for it.

before you click next, make sure you plug the phone back in, so that it re-unrecognizes (is that a word?) it.

if it asks, click yes to install unsigned driver. You may or may not have to reboot the computer, as the driver may get "stuck" in memory.

In theory you only have to do this once, but when my laptop goes into stand-by mode, sometimes it drops the usb unsigned driver and tries to install the signed driver from microsoft. I think because I'm using win 7 64-bit, the driver signing is more stringent.

Let me know how it works out.