[ROM] i8000 custom ROMs by Sonblack from PDAViet

Guest Lancez

Guest fattmatt

Hi guys.

Little bit of feedback for everyone.

Firstly I can happily say this rom works with my BT car kit (Nokia CK-7W) :) Hooray!!!!!

Overall the rom seems good and stable so far.

After a full day of use, 2 or 3 local calls for 10ish minutes each and 1 international call for about 15 minutes and some playing around my battery is still on 97%, awesome.

I managed to get Samsung today installed after some stuffing around with SPB Backup and it is working flawlessly, this is my preferred UI as it is clean, simple and functional, I used to use MS3 but it is too hungry, Titanium-meh, sense- hungry.

Why are all the chefs removing Samsung Today now, am I the only one who uses it??, by the way the Samsung Today cab on Modaco does not work on this rom on it's own, or Teeh's new rom.

HTC Black theme is very nice.

Tools folder has some handy programs in it.

There are still a few of the "old school" small notifications like in 6.1, such as BT notifications for new devices, but no big deal.

Can't find much wrong with the rom to be honest, congratulations Sonblack.

I will say that I do not use much of the stuff on the phone except phone, sms, gps, compass, torch, net and not much else so I am sure there are problems I won't encounter so this should be taken into account when reading my findings.

That's all for now I guess, I will keep using this rom for a bit and I will report any significant or unmentioned findings here.

Cheers everyone,

Matt.

Guest mihai_mihai
@ mihai_mihai

havent heard from you for a while, buddy. what do u think of 21896 ROM? maybe a little bit feedbacks? if everyone here is happy with it, sonblack might release a 23549 version of this ROM :)

i hope its ok with sonblack ;)

well... in the weekend i wasn't home, and now started work so...

however i flashed sb13 and love it more then sb12, -91mb ram after softreset with nothing on today, ram it is a bit stable, fast, stable(rom), dono about battery yet-using spb shell+naong sense, darkninja android taskbar v6, softreset last evening,charged the phone and now i have 64.60 mb ram

Edited by mihai_mihai

Guest contable
Hi guys.

Little bit of feedback for everyone.

Firstly I can happily say this rom works with my BT car kit (Nokia CK-7W) ;) Hooray!!!!!

Overall the rom seems good and stable so far.

After a full day of use, 2 or 3 local calls for 10ish minutes each and 1 international call for about 15 minutes and some playing around my battery is still on 97%, awesome.

I managed to get Samsung today installed after some stuffing around with SPB Backup and it is working flawlessly, this is my preferred UI as it is clean, simple and functional, I used to use MS3 but it is too hungry, Titanium-meh, sense- hungry.

Why are all the chefs removing Samsung Today now, am I the only one who uses it??, by the way the Samsung Today cab on Modaco does not work on this rom on it's own, or Teeh's new rom.

HTC Black theme is very nice.

Tools folder has some handy programs in it.

There are still a few of the "old school" small notifications like in 6.1, such as BT notifications for new devices, but no big deal.

Can't find much wrong with the rom to be honest, congratulations Sonblack.

I will say that I do not use much of the stuff on the phone except phone, sms, gps, compass, torch, net and not much else so I am sure there are problems I won't encounter so this should be taken into account when reading my findings.

That's all for now I guess, I will keep using this rom for a bit and I will report any significant or unmentioned findings here.

Cheers everyone,

Matt.

Matt,

nice to hear that you don´t have to stay with Dr.K´s last masterpiece til the end of days. As I wrote you before BT is working fine and all main functions of the phone too. For real well done, Sonblack :)

Also the GPS fix is faster than hell and I could get working TMC feature for mobile navigation using fantastic HyperGPS.

Cheers,

contable

Guest contable

@Lancez:

Do you never sleep ? When I go to bed you are online and when I get up again you are still online. Now I know the secret why your ranking is Hardcore and mine only Diehard.... :)

Have nice day, buddy

Cheers

contable

Guest Lancez
@Lancez:

Do you never sleep ? When I go to bed you are online and when I get up again you are still online. Now I know the secret why your ranking is Hardcore and mine only Diehard.... ;)

Have nice day, buddy

Cheers

contable

lol, of course i sleep, matter of fact i have to sleep at least over 8 hours ;) . its just because you are on the other side of the earth. we have about 9-10 hours difference :)

guten morgen to you :P

Guest kersey

Very impressed by this rom...very responsive and fast.

Has the right balance between apps that are needed and those that are not.

Excellent work chef :)

Edited by kersey

Guest bouboule

Try this ROm and it seems all ok.

Is this possible :

- To have Fring works on your ROMs, i cannot use Fring on all ur ROMs (in ROMs Kuanchai i could)

- Have smartreader with a cab EDIT : ok i found in the post with all Cabs

But problem : I installed the smartreader from SOnblack. When i click on nothing the soft doesn't start, Then Soft reset same problem, Don't start. Is there something to install more ?

- to know where is the file with all the favorites of Opera. Because at each flash ... i loose all !! :) I want to backup this file.

Thanks for all

Edited by bouboule

Guest contable
Try this ROm and it seems all ok.

Is this possible :

- To have Fring works on your ROMs, i cannot use Fring on all ur ROMs (in ROMs Kuanchai i could)

- Have smartreader with a cab EDIT : ok i found in the post with all Cabs

- to know where is the file with all the favorites of Opera. Because at each flash ... i loose all !! :) I want to backup this file.

Thanks for all

No problems at all with fring. Works fine for me. The first connection I made over ActiveSync.

Edit: running latest version V3.35.3.248 ;)

Edited by contable

Guest contable

@sonblack:

I hope you are well after cooking so much.

Here another request from my side:

Please do not cook in Opera 10 in your next roms.

The reasons are:

1. Can be installed by cab to My Storage

2. Only flashlite support so far (adope flash still not available, I think)

Atm I´m using opera 5 mini because it´s much faster. For flash support still skyfire browser is my first choice.

Have a nice day.

contable

Guest contable
Gusy Should I Flash All The 4 Parts Or Only (.Nbo) ....My Rom Details

PDA:I8000NXXJA5

CSC:I8000AMNJA5

PHONE:I8000XXIK3

I suggest to flash only the PDA part together with CSC and Phone part from XXJB2.

Guest seacoral123

dear all,

my chrome editor seem to be no working. No sure to do with my deletion on the large icon (recommended by Sonblack). Any sharing?

thank you.

Guest bouboule
No problems at all with fring. Works fine for me. The first connection I made over ActiveSync.

Edit: running latest version V3.35.3.248 :)

where have u the latest .

I try with 3.34 and 3.35 but maybe mine is no good

Guest yeapsc73

i have a problem with this rom, i can receive email from yahoomail but when i click on the email, instead of seeing the content of the email, what i see is a blank white screen. the same thing happen when i retrieve email form my ISP, i can't see the content in any of them, what happen??

Guest contable
where have u the latest .

I try with 3.34 and 3.35 but maybe mine is no good

It´s the latest version from fring.com, but PC installation via Activesync. Maybe there is a difference.

Guest yeapsc73
i have a problem with this rom, i can receive email from yahoomail but when i click on the email, instead of seeing the content of the email, what i see is a blank white screen. the same thing happen when i retrieve email form my ISP, i can't see the content in any of them, what happen??

sir contable still around? can help?

Guest contable
sir contable still around? can help?

Nice to see you here. I´m sorry but I can´t help because I´m still on JC1 6.5.x rom.

Greetz

contable

Edit: As I´m working on the new version of my skin/mod I don´t have time to flash everyday. JC1 23547 doesn´t have any problems so far. I hope to see you again in my own thread.

Edited by contable

Guest yeapsc73
Nice to see you here. I´m sorry but I can´t help because I´m still on JC1 6.5.x rom.

Greetz

contable

thanks for replying anyway, so it's a bug?

so should i go back to jc1 or is there other email program to use?

Guest sonblack
thanks for replying anyway, so it's a bug?

so should i go back to jc1 or is there other email program to use?

So sorry for reply late! No problem about e-mail, please give me to know you flash the ROM with what version of Octans?

Guest yeapsc73
So sorry for reply late! No problem about e-mail, please give me to know you flash the ROM with what version of Octans?

octan 2.13 using vista, everything go smoothly during flashing

i flash usingg the same way for ja5 and everything run perfectly

Guest sonblack
octan 2.13 using vista, everything go smoothly during flashing

i flash usingg the same way for ja5 and everything run perfectly

You need to try with Octans Downloader v2.14, I use it! Somebody here have problem with old Octans version.

Please try and feedback. It work for me!

Edited by sonblack