[ROM]Ninja4hire *NinjaToday* (DG21) v6.5m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest kdkinc
yeah I haven't been looking lately with all the other stuff I'm trying to do.

Its obvious that you need to give sleeping and eating, such a waste of time... :( :(

Thanks

:o :o

Guest pw-man

I'm still trying to troubleshoot, but wanted to see if anyone else is having problems with this ROM and using Activesync and MediaMonkey (latest release)

As soon as I either start MediaMonkey (or with Media Monkey running and my device already plugged in), it kills the USB connection and activesync disconnects and the device dies a slow death (still responds to stuff, but eventually everthing stops working and I need to pull the battery)..

I've done a new install of MM and that didn't change anything... I'm doing a new install of activesync to see if something changed there...

I've just started using this ROM yesterday .. and was synching fine before I put this rom on (was using the stock rom on the device)..

Thanks!

Guest kdkinc
I'm still trying to troubleshoot, but wanted to see if anyone else is having problems with this ROM and using Activesync and MediaMonkey (latest release)

As soon as I either start MediaMonkey (or with Media Monkey running and my device already plugged in), it kills the USB connection and activesync disconnects and the device dies a slow death (still responds to stuff, but eventually everthing stops working and I need to pull the battery)..

I've done a new install of MM and that didn't change anything... I'm doing a new install of activesync to see if something changed there...

I've just started using this ROM yesterday .. and was synching fine before I put this rom on (was using the stock rom on the device)..

Thanks!

Just started playing with MM and was getting a "d_iphone.dll" problem just add a .off after dll in MM plugin folder that contains the faulty .dll ( I had got rid of iTunes)

I Could not get my phone to sync so I did the usb connection mass storage deal.

Getting a Device Recognized as a USB Mass Storage Device

Most non-iPod devices that are compatible with Windows are either MTP devices (sometimes marketed as 'Plays for Sure') or USB Mass Storage devices. Both of these devices will work with the WMDM plugin, though there are some cases where the Generic Portable/Audio Device plug-in may be preferable for USB Mass Storage devices. To use the Generic plugin:

just found this of all places the help section. :(

Start MediaMonkey and plug in the device.

Go to Tools > Options > Portable/Audio Devices and check whether the device has been detected by MediaMonkey's WMDM plugin. Uncheck that device.

Select the 'Generic Portable/Audio Device' plug-in and press 'Configure'

On the 'Device Configuration' tab, enter a Drive Letter, Drive Label, or USB Device ID and press 'OK'. Once this is done, when the device is plugged in in the future, it will be recognized by the Generic Portable/Audio Device plugin instead of the WMDM plugin.

Proceed to Configure the Device.

Hope it helps

:o :o

Liking MediaMonkey :(

Edited by kdkinc

Guest pw-man
Start MediaMonkey and plug in the device.

Go to Tools > Options > Portable/Audio Devices and check whether the device has been detected by MediaMonkey's WMDM plugin. Uncheck that device.

Select the 'Generic Portable/Audio Device' plug-in and press 'Configure'

On the 'Device Configuration' tab, enter a Drive Letter, Drive Label, or USB Device ID and press 'OK'. Once this is done, when the device is plugged in in the future, it will be recognized by the Generic Portable/Audio Device plugin instead of the WMDM plugin.

Proceed to Configure the Device.

Hope it helps

:( :o

Liking MediaMonkey :(

Thanks... switching to USB drive mode works, so at least I can synch... Not sure why the other stopped working... oh well..

Guest kdkinc

Using XDA version runs nice as expected :)

Ok time for a dumb question.

Do to fat fingers, :) when I go to lock my phone I keep hitting the camera button,

Sooo, is it reasonable or next to impossible to switch these buttons ???

thanks

:) :)

Guest pw-man
Using XDA version runs nice as expected :)

Ok time for a dumb question.

Do to fat fingers, :) when I go to lock my phone I keep hitting the camera button,

Sooo, is it reasonable or next to impossible to switch these buttons ???

thanks

:) :)

Not a perfect solution, but something to try:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...n-startup-time/

I stopped using the lock button altogether...

Guest Ninja4Hire

Yeah I don't think anyone has been able to map those two buttons yet. I'm sure their in there somewhere, so hopefully we can find how samsung is mapping them and edit them to do what we want.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pw-man
UPDATE! Had to resurrect this rom before it entered the depths of page 2!

Ninja - any chance you are planning on cooking the fix for the Charging complete notification that AMDZero found? ;-) (assuming he doesn't care)

I think it is just a Notify.dll update looking in the cab file of his fix:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=58334

Guest Ninja4Hire
Ninja - any chance you are planning on cooking the fix for the Charging complete notification that AMDZero found? ;-) (assuming he doesn't care)

I think it is just a Notify.dll update looking in the cab file of his fix:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=58334

Didn't I already remove the charging complete notification from the latest build of this rom? At least I thought I did. If not I will on the next update.

EDIT: oh this cab is for the Sense Facebook/Music menus and the appointment alarm fix not the "fully charged" alert.

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest pw-man
Didn't I already remove the charging complete notification from the latest build of this rom? At least I thought I did. If not I will on the next update.

EDIT: oh this cab is for the Sense Facebook/Music menus and the appointment alarm fix not the "fully charged" alert.

Ah, my bad... was thinking the "alarm fix" was the charging notification...

All is good! :-)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ninja4Hire

Update for the 4 people still using this rom. With all the Sense madness going on, lets not forget about our roots. :angry:

Guest Mr.DunnDunn
Update for the 4 people still using this rom. With all the Sense madness going on, lets not forget about our roots. :angry:

well if this rom is on its last leg any chance if you can make 1 last update to wm 6.5.x? i wouldnt even expect updates like your other roms but at least 1, for us users who want to use 6.5.x

a wm 6.5.x rom + your cooking = damn near perfect rom to use

Guest pw-man

Thanks Ninja! This is an excellent ROM!!!