MCR r2 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Anny rom with sense and apps2sd working you can recommend ?

Last one I used was the Rodriguezstyle v2.3 one which is Eclair based. The Froyo based ROMS like Cyanogen allow you to move *any* apps to a protected area on the normal FAT32 partition on the SD card using Froyo's builtin code. I've not found any need for Apps2SD with this ROM.

Just be aware that the Cyanogen 6 ROMs don't like an ext partition on the sdcard and won't recognise the card if there is one, so if you've previously used Apps2SD you'll need to remove the ext partition and repartition/reformat the sdcard as FAT32 before you can use it with CM6. You can keep all of your data on the card just by copying it all off onto your hard disk first, and then copying it back after reformatting.

If you use ROM Manager it's very easy to try these different ROMS as you can tell ROM Manager to back up your previous ROM with nand before it installs the new ROM - this makes it dead easy to just restore the original ROM and put everything back in just a few minutes.

Anny rom with sense and apps2sd working you can recommend ?

My problem with using the Rodriguezstyle ROM is that it is no longer being developed, however this one here is my current one and is under development still. What is nice is that the developer has taken input from other users and made changes for users.

There is also one named MDJ droid which can be found here. I personally stopped using it because the other one was updated first, but since stepping away from it, it has been updated and seems to be very good.

Both ROMs have Sense, which is always a requirement for me since I love it too much to even give anything without a chance (maybe a mistake on my part) and I always want A2SD, but not plus as I don't have a fast enough SD card.

Hope that is of use to you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest borgfather
Both ROMs have Sense, which is always a requirement for me since I love it too much to even give anything without a chance (maybe a mistake on my part) and I always want A2SD, but not plus as I don't have a fast enough SD card.

i must say i love it too

is there a way to install it on a rom that comes without ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Bobby Demos

I think Paul's been working on the San Francisco rom's.

I'd like to know if this ROM still has the issues that I've been reading about? I'm getting a Legend for my new business, and I'd prefer not to have to spend the money on getting a sim-free one. From my understanding, a modaco custom ROM basically debrands a phone yes? As this is what it did with my San Francisco.

Bobby

• 1 month later...