MCR r2 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Berek
I have the insufficient space error too. I dedicated a 200 MB ext3 partition at the end of my sd, but I got this error...

Storage says 139 MB free though. Any ideas ?

I had the same problem. I solved it by doing a Titanium Backup of everything, then doing a data wipe/factory reset, reboot, then restoring everything again. It took quite a while to restore all my apps and data, but I haven't had the error since.

Guest ilos

rebake in progress , feedback soon Paul :P

EDIT : all seems ok now, testing in progress

second boot => internal storage left 150mb

love that :P

Kitchen is perfect for me now :D

EDIT 2 : strange... some apps missing in market with cooked rom...

Edited by ilos

Guest Tim80
I had the same problem. I solved it by doing a Titanium Backup of everything, then doing a data wipe/factory reset, reboot, then restoring everything again. It took quite a while to restore all my apps and data, but I haven't had the error since.

When I use Titanium Backup, SU request pop up ''sorry: activity SU request (in application superuser permissions) is not responding. Force Close or Wait. I chose ''wait'' nothing happen and i can't use Titanium backup.

strange....

Guest Berek
EDIT 2 : strange... some apps missing in market with cooked rom...

I've noticed this as well. Is it because the rom doesn't include the "camera incompatibility" fix that HTC rolled out recently, that fixed a similar problem?

Any ideas, Paul?

Guest Berek

Anyone else getting occasional FC's of "HTC Message Uploader" after it stops responding?

I've only noticed this since rooting my phone, first with the generic 1.31 rom, and now with the custom rom.

Guest geeze

Hi everybody,

I've installed yesterday the MCR but i've had so many problems :

a) (like the others) somes apps missed in the market

b ) insuffisant storage issues when i wanted to install android market's apps

c) My phone was very very very long to boot when i restarted it

d) Don't understand why i can't swap the phone with a-swapper... every steps failed...

And so, I have uninstalled it to return with the R3

Finally, i've somes questions :

1)There is something to do with SD partitions before install the MCR or something else ? (i've got a Kingston 4gb HC). And what are the best values for my card ? (swap, ext2, fat32)

2)What's dalvik-cache (sorry i'm not an expert ^^)?

3)Is it better to format all the phone, root with r3, install the MCR update and finally reinstall all my applications ? (SOOOoooO long and borring)

Thanks for your futures answers and sorry for this looonnnnng post ^^

Edited by geeze

Guest ilos
I have the insufficient space error too. I dedicated a 200 MB ext3 partition at the end of my sd, but I got this error...

Storage says 139 MB free though. Any ideas ?

same problem after a new fresh install with a cooked rom

Back to R3 for the following reasons : missing market apps, space storage error...

Edited by ilos

Guest geeze
same problem after a new fresh install with a cooked rom

Back to R3 for the following reasons : missing market apps, space storage error...

Tu utilisais A2SD dans ta rom ou pas ?

You used A2SD or not ?

Guest darwin42

Some apps are missing in the market for me too.

Doesn't seem to be camera related this time, as barcode scanner is showing up (and wasn't with my bugged branded ROM).

Another thing: I wouldn't recommend getting rid of sense with a cooked rom. Numerous errors, mainly at start. I've recooked with sense and everything is fine. So far I would say you can throw these away:

- Calc

- Flickr

- Footprints

- Friend stream

- Mail

- News

- Pdf viewer

- Peep

- Stocks

- Teeter

- Facebook (will also remove the facebook contact sync)

- Quickoffice

The cooked rom is pretty fast and stable for me so far.

Guest amirroso

i "baked" Rom and copy it to the SD card (goldcard).

i turn the phone to "recovery-mode" and now i have Red Triangle and black screen.

How to continue? how to "Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card"?

Please Help.

Guest gnur
i "baked" Rom and copy it to the SD card (goldcard).

i turn the phone to "recovery-mode" and now i have Red Triangle and black screen.

How to continue? how to "Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card"?

Please Help.

It is in de root topic. But basicly you have to run the recovery-(win/mac/linux).sh (or .bat if you use windows) file to get from the red triangle to the recovery.

Guest krak76
HTC_IME fixed now. Reboot after your first boot to free up a lot of memory!

P

thank you Paul! now your rom is perfect for me !

Guest gnur

Missing apps in the market is quite a bummer, not impossible to live with but inconvenient.

What could be causing this? Maybe it is easier if we compile a list with apps that are missing?

Apps that I am missing are:

-tapatalk

-pure calendar widget

Guest amirroso
It is in de root topic. But basicly you have to run the recovery-(win/mac/linux).sh (or .bat if you use windows) file to get from the red triangle to the recovery.

Sorry, but i dont understand.

can u write the steps to flash the new Rom, please?

Guest gnur
Sorry, but i dont understand.

can u write the steps to flash the new Rom, please?

Look in this topic: http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-lege...ow-with-1-31-x/

Exact quote from the topic:

Recovery mode for future updates

Once you are rooted, you can enter recovery mode by turning your device on with the volume button held down and selecting 'RECOVERY', then running either 'recovery-windows.bat', './recovery-mac.sh' or './recovery-linux.sh' as appropriate from the root zip directory.

Guest OlegKrikun

Hi Paul, how do i run Android 2.1 stock Contacts application?

In the "/system/app/" is a file Contacts.apk

but the menu is no shortcut to the program

and i have also a problem with free space in "/cache/" = (((

translated from Russian by Google

Guest Tim80

hey guys,

seriously i need some help here.... my legend still have problem about ''insufficient storage''... no one can give a guideline on how to sovle this problem?

appreciate

Guest ilos

as per Paul, after first boot we must restart and get more memory.

Here my feedback :

I had tried with pre cooked MCR (all 3 ) and one cooked with kitchen , wipe each time i flashed, and after 1st boot , i restarted the phone, and without do anything all my app backup with Titanium are already installed :P

i definitely return to R3 and waiting for some fix...

Guest Tim80
as per Paul, after first boot we must restart and get more memory.

Here my feedback :

I had tried with pre cooked MCR (all 3 ) and one cooked with kitchen , wipe each time i flashed, and after 1st boot , i restarted the phone, and without do anything all my app backup with Titanium are already installed :P

i definitely return to R3 and waiting for some fix...

ok, i will revert to r3

Guest schpinn
hey guys,

seriously i need some help here.... my legend still have problem about ''insufficient storage''... no one can give a guideline on how to sovle this problem?

appreciate

Same issue here. With or without apps2sd.

EDIT: Internal phone storage available space is 144MB (this is without apps2sd), and I get the "insufficient storage" message and can't install any apps. Going back to r3 until this issue is fixed.

Edited by schpinn

Guest geeze
Same issue here. With or without apps2sd.

EDIT: Internal phone storage available space is 144MB (this is without apps2sd). Going back to r3 until this issue is fixed.

And still no news about a new release ... strange. I hope that it will be done soon. Even i can survive without it (but my phone's storage begin to need some help).

Have a good day everybody.

Ps: Paul is it possible to use a-swapper? (it would be cool to add 64mb of RAM)

Guest ilos

i think the problem come from dalvik-cache but not sure....

I hope it will be fixed soon, cause under R3 , superuser permission has some bug for me... when app request root access, SU permission stay at a black screen... ( for exemple : Titanium Backup, SetCPU and probably over...) and nothing more :P

Btw SU Permission app work perfectly under MCR..

post-377855-1273310864_thumb.png

Edited by ilos