An English 6.5.x lite ROM with Rapid81 and nOObody's Sense2.5

Guest kydkylin

Guest zyberace
Sorry, I haven't tested Thai CSC yet.

But as the ROM is based on Rapid and nOObody's Sense2.5 and Laruku Jr. said it's OK with Thai language at

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/307676/...xxjd6/page/360/

Post #379,Page 19, maybe you can contact him for further help.

Cheers.

You need a Thai font, please refer to this thread: http://www.pdamobiz.com/show_news.asp?NewsID=98273&PN=1

Long ago I had tried: http://files.pdamobiz.com/ROMs/XDA/Artemis...ed_v2.2.WM5.cab and it worked on my Omnia.

Since JD3 has problem with default Thai CSC encoding (The lastest Thai CSC is CSC_I8000THLJB1), you have to installed "Thai enable for i8000 by PDAMobiz" after you've flashed JD3. You can find the CAB file in i8000 Forum in JD3 topics. :P

Thank you everyone. I've tried Thai Enable for i8000 as Laruku Jr. has mentioned. It's work fine but the font seems to be smaller than default samsung font that I prefer more. It seems to be a problem with JD3 and samsung font.

kydkylin, have you plan to release another 6.5.3 with sense rom?

Guest kydkylin
Thank you everyone. I've tried Thai Enable for i8000 as Laruku Jr. has mentioned. It's work fine but the font seems to be smaller than default samsung font that I prefer more. It seems to be a problem with JD3 and samsung font.

kydkylin, have you plan to release another 6.5.3 with sense rom?

It depends.

I'm waiting for the JE ROM released. :P

Edited by kydkylin

Guest pittas

Hello kydkylin

I flashed your rom and i have to say its running very good

It is running faster than noobody's and rapid81's rom , and most of all , i have more memory without memory leaks

(i had to reset the device with rapid's rom every now and then , but again it might only be me)

Thanks for the great rom

Guest Maggots666

I have one problem with sms sent notification,,

~ Disable SMS/MMS sent alert by default

off course it work first, but it is appear again...

I had flash your ROM again but it still appeared...

can you help me to solve this problem T-T

thanks

Guest dextro_

thanks

maybe a registry edit make it work? or sktools.

Guest skimexica

hi all

when i flash using this rom

are there other parts i need to load in octans as well

like phone, eboot etc

any guidance is much appreciated thank you

(yes this will be my first flash and i have read a lot of instructions but still confused)

as no one really talks about those other parts much

cheers all

keepcookingcausethekitchensmellsgood

Guest kydkylin
Hello kydkylin

I flashed your rom and i have to say its running very good

It is running faster than noobody's and rapid81's rom , and most of all , i have more memory without memory leaks

(i had to reset the device with rapid's rom every now and then , but again it might only be me)

Thanks for the great rom

I'm happy you enjoy my work.

Has anyone fix

1. Bluetooth (voice routing fr bt heaset)

2. Screenshot (of the Internet Tab)

?

Sorry, I can't help with them.Wish others could.

thanks

- About SMS sent notification you can try this (some people reported it's working, other people not working...)

* Remove SMS sent notification (without disabling the Samsung skinned SMS application)

Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\MMS\setting and change the value from 1 to 0 of

SMSForegegroundSend - disable sms/mms successful send notification

SMSDeliveryReport - disable delivery notification

hi all

when i flash using this rom

are there other parts i need to load in octans as well

like phone, eboot etc

any guidance is much appreciated thank you

(yes this will be my first flash and i have read a lot of instructions but still confused)

as no one really talks about those other parts much

cheers all

keepcookingcausethekitchensmellsgood

Just like I said in the first post, to use JD3's eboot, JD1's phone and choose "erase the csc" in Octans2.14 would be fine.

Guest skoda60

kydkylin,

Your ROM was stable and fast. Especially you corrected the XTRA problem. Thank very much!

Waiting for your JE1 sense 2.5.

Guest JezzyJeff
kydkylin,

Your ROM was stable and fast. Especially you corrected the XTRA problem. Thank very much!

Yeah just wanted to ask as well, are you working on a JE1 ROM yet? Would be nice, perfekt ROM so far. I'm running on High Performance so nothing is really slow, and the battery lives 3 days + with everything enabled like social network automated updates, auto weahter updates, especially in S2U2, so i'm connected to the internet like 24/7 but still very good battery life, everything runs smooth as it's meant to. Just the popup menu and the Facebook tab are a little laggy, but i can live with that :P

Guest skimexica

Just like I said in the first post, to use JD3's eboot, JD1's phone and choose "erase the csc" in Octans2.14 would be fine.

Guest kydkylin
kydkylin,

Yeah just wanted to ask as well, are you working on a JE1 ROM yet? Would be nice, perfekt ROM so far. I'm running on High Performance so nothing is really slow, and the battery lives 3 days + with everything enabled like social network automated updates, auto weahter updates, especially in S2U2, so i'm connected to the internet like 24/7 but still very good battery life, everything runs smooth as it's meant to. Just the popup menu and the Facebook tab are a little laggy, but i can live with that :P

I hope you get get the newer update of rapis sence with the new core before you make a JE1 ROM

Yes, I'm planing to make a JE1 rom with rapid81's new sence. I'm working on it and need some time of testing. Once I'm confirmed it's stable, I'll release it.

Ah ok thanks

Have searched this site and the web cannot seem to find the download links for JD3's eboot, JD1's phone

Any ideas

Cheers

You can find them all on this:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...0/#entry1248011

Guest jebise

few more comments of your current JD ROM, as rapid mentioned do you know how to fix the dam white squares that appear? he said it maybe related to pagepool and he also said it because of the JD kernel. Please look into that and take your time TEST EVERYTHING before you release. Your JD ROM is very stable but i hate the white square problem and after a day of use my RAM drop to 20MB or below and i don't even use the phone other then using sence music and photo. Maybe you can tweak it a bit sence right now is a little slow and can get very laggy at times. I know this is not all you because you are only using rapid81 work, so don't take it the wrong way.

I really do love your ROM we just need more work on it.

Ohh and maybe this is rapid job but the facebook app and google apps are outdated can you update them with the latest versions when creating your ROM? Plus i can never get past google maps loading screen and facebooks initializing screen which you may want to look into and please add the icons to the start menu. I mean if it installs it why not have it in the start menu?

Edited by jebise

Guest skimexica

thanks

i got the .ebo, .nbo and .bin file u recommended

and will tick the erase csc option

1. are there any other boxes i should tick?

2. do i need a csc file and or a moviNAND file?

cheers

Guest kydkylin
thanks

i got the .ebo, .nbo and .bin file u recommended

and will tick the erase csc option

1. are there any other boxes i should tick?

2. do i need a csc file and or a moviNAND file?

cheers

No, that's all.

btw:if you want to preserve your files in "my storage", you should remember to choose"Preserve device's contents" in Octans 2.14

Guest kydkylin
few more comments of your current JD ROM, as rapid mentioned do you know how to fix the dam white squares that appear? he said it maybe related to pagepool and he also said it because of the JD kernel. Please look into that and take your time TEST EVERYTHING before you release. Your JD ROM is very stable but i hate the white square problem and after a day of use my RAM drop to 20MB or below and i don't even use the phone other then using sence music and photo. Maybe you can tweak it a bit sence right now is a little slow and can get very laggy at times. I know this is not all you because you are only using rapid81 work, so don't take it the wrong way.

I really do love your ROM we just need more work on it.

Ohh and maybe this is rapid job but the facebook app and google apps are outdated can you update them with the latest versions when creating your ROM? Plus i can never get past google maps loading screen and facebooks initializing screen which you may want to look into and please add the icons to the start menu. I mean if it installs it why not have it in the start menu?

1.In what condition the white squares problem would appear? I havn't noticed that much.Tell me and I'll make some more tests.

If it really relates to pagepool and JD kernel, would 8PP JE1 kernel solve it? And you can use wes58's new version kitchen to increase the PP to see what would happen.

2.The RAM droping problem may mainly relate to Sense2.5 and wish it could be solved by Rapid81 and nOObody. I don't know how to tweak the Sense2.5 deeply, sorry...

3.Maybe you could upload the latest facebook and Google here or upload it somewhere and tell me the link?Then I'll see what I can do.I've checked the facebook version in JE1 rom, just the same version used in Sense2.5.

4.Making the icons to the start menu is OK. It'll be done in my next version.

5.It's a pity I can't test everything in the Sense2.5, as twitter and facebook are blocked in China...

Edited by kydkylin

Guest Alex K.S.Lim
Yes, I'm planing to make a JE1 rom with rapid81's new sence. I'm working on it and need some time of testing. Once I'm confirmed it's stable, I'll release it.

wow! that's great news.

Exactly what I want and I am really looking forward on this.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Laruku Jr.

kydkylin, just a little question. How do you get my location weather service to work? Currently, I've flashed twu2's JE1 lite rom and installed Rapid Sense CAB file. However, I cannot get the weather forecast for "My Location". Please help suggest.

Edited by Laruku Jr.

Guest jebise
1.In what condition the white squares problem would appear? I havn't noticed that much.Tell me and I'll make some more tests.

If it really relates to pagepool and JD kernel, would 8PP JE1 kernel solve it? And you can use wes58's new version kitchen to increase the PP to see what would happen.

2.The RAM droping problem may mainly relate to Sense2.5 and wish it could be solved by Rapid81 and nOObody. I don't know how to tweak the Sense2.5 deeply, sorry...

3.Maybe you could upload the latest facebook and Google here or upload it somewhere and tell me the link?Then I'll see what I can do.I've checked the facebook version in JE1 rom, just the same version used in Sense2.5.

4.Making the icons to the start menu is OK. It'll be done in my next version.

5.It's a pity I can't test everything in the Sense2.5, as twitter and facebook are blocked in China...

1.)well mainly they appear in the calender, photo, music, and weather tabs see screen below.

2.) i didn't think so

3.) i post them when i get a chance, i maybe wrong and they might be the latest already but i justr can launch them. Like i said google maps just stays at lo]ading and dface book at initializing

4.) Great.

5.) i know you can't test facebook but you should be able to get it to load on the phone no?

My main issue is the white squares and this is one of the reason we are getting low memory, usually i stay at 50MB even after heavy usage but as soon as i see 1 white square i start to see the memory drop. I can sometimes fix the menus by going to a different tab and back but it always comes back.

post-640638-1273704789_thumb.png

Edited by jebise

Guest kydkylin
1.)well mainly they appear in the calender, photo, music, and weather tabs see screen below.

2.) i didn't think so

3.) i post them when i get a chance, i maybe wrong and they might be the latest already but i justr can launch them. Like i said google maps just stays at lo]ading and dface book at initializing

4.) Great.

5.) i know you can't test facebook but you should be able to get it to load on the phone no?

My main issue is the white squares and this is one of the reason we are getting low memory, usually i stay at 50MB even after heavy usage but as soon as i see 1 white square i start to see the memory drop. I can sometimes fix the menus by going to a different tab and back but it always comes back.

Well, I see.

What's strange is I came across more "white squares" in the new core Sense cab than the previous one.Maybe I'll stick to the previous one which I think is more stable in my rom.

I've update GoogleMaps to 4.1 successfully.For the facebook, as I can't test it and the privious one seems OK, maybe I won't make any change and just add its icon in start menu.

Guest kydkylin
kydkylin, just a little question. How do you get my location weather service to work? Currently, I've flashed twu2's JE1 lite rom and installed Rapid Sense CAB file. However, I cannot get the weather forecast for "My Location". Please help suggest.

Actually, I don't know how.I just used everthing in Rapid's Cab and made no change.

Maybe disabling "my location" could help you.

Guest widekaze

Dear kydkylin,

Since I'm using another SENSE 2.5 ROM but It look not fully support Video call when it using HTC People(Like phone book)

I would like to know this ROM is support VIDEO CALL or not?

If it do, I should flash it for replace my current use.

Thanks