Singapore JC4 Rom

Guest Del1701

Guest Lancez
Anybody can post some screenshots?

almost everything looked the same to me with few extra goodies for Singapore users such as couple of chinese inputs, etc. UI wise, nothing new. improvements are not visible but i can feel that sys runs faster and stable, Singapore always gets the better F/W, especially the radio part.

Guest xkill3rprox

What about messaging app? Is it faster to view threaded one?

Is the main menu still the old one, or the faster one from T*Omnia 2?

Note: i'm asking these questions because i'm currently using JD1 ROM and i want to know if the new Singapore ROM is better.

or some applications are the same.

Guest darkworldzz

samsung skinned sms still laggs badly.. but that's samsung's problem.. nothing new to us tho.. they make all the problems :(

Guest xkill3rprox

But the JD1 skinned sms application works pretty great, it hides older messages that prevents me to get massive lags loading all the messages.

Guest xkill3rprox

Just flashed the ROM, however i just don't like the widgetplus's widget reloading everytime i switches to another widger page. Didn't see that happening in JD1.

Guest BR377
Just flashed the ROM, however i just don't like the widgetplus's widget reloading everytime i switches to another widger page. Didn't see that happening in JD1.

Hey. I am about to do my first flash (phone flash, not the other type). Did you use Octans for this? I have the original Singapore Rom in my phone and haven't been able to get Kies or new pc studio to work on Windows 7.

Does anyone else think I should use this rom or try another version?

Guest msamin007

I'm having problem with pda part 2 to 4. When extracted show broken link. Wuld appreciate if any one can post the file here. Thanks in advance.

Guest xkill3rprox
Hey. I am about to do my first flash (phone flash, not the other type). Did you use Octans for this? I have the original Singapore Rom in my phone and haven't been able to get Kies or new pc studio to work on Windows 7.

Does anyone else think I should use this rom or try another version?

Yes i did use Octans for this, i used my windows XP laptop to do so, I didn't use my Windows 7 Desktop as it's troublesome that you have to restart it to disable "something"

( i can't remember what is it, driver stuffs?)

I only have Kies running on my Windows 7, it worked fine, able to access to everything. It even recognize my phone.

Whats your current ROM version? If its not updated( I think it should be since its your first time unless you brought it to CSC to upgrade) then you should,

But there are better ROMs out there, Singapore ROM IMO has the best .CSC file than others. But PDA wise, still need improvements.

If possible, i recommend you to mix ROMs, like another region's PDA file, with Singapore's .CSC file and etc.

Normally you would flash it until you're happy with it, i'm still finding a perfect one for myself. Hahas

I'm having problem with pda part 2 to 4. When extracted show broken link. Wuld appreciate if any one can post the file here. Thanks in advance.

Maybe you should try Samsung Firmware Downloader by quattro formaggi, i downloaded it in like 10mins.

Edited by xkill3rprox

Guest BR377
Yes i did use Octans for this, i used my windows XP laptop to do so, I didn't use my Windows 7 Desktop as it's troublesome that you have to restart it to disable "something"

( i can't remember what is it, driver stuffs?)

I only have Kies running on my Windows 7, it worked fine, able to access to everything. It even recognize my phone.

Whats your current ROM version? If its not updated( I think it should be since its your first time unless you brought it to CSC to upgrade) then you should,

But there are better ROMs out there, Singapore ROM IMO has the best .CSC file than others. But PDA wise, still need improvements.

If possible, i recommend you to mix ROMs, like another region's PDA file, with Singapore's .CSC file and etc.

Normally you would flash it until you're happy with it, i'm still finding a perfect one for myself. Hahas

Maybe you should try Samsung Firmware Downloader by quattro formaggi, i downloaded it in like 10mins.

Thanks for the advice. I just flashed on an old xp notebook. Just had to dust it off and install service pack 3. Everything went fine and phone works as it should. I've heard Singapore gets good roms:) Lucky you!

My old firmware was H5 with the H3 CSC (I can't fully recall if it was the H3 or not.... ). Anyway, it was the first firmware that came out with the phone last August.

I'll play around with this version till I get bored, then probably follow your advice and play around with he PDA part of the phone.

Thanks again!!

Guest xkill3rprox

Anyone who has flashed this Singapore ROM able to send me the main menu included? I want to try out something but do not want to reflash my phone.

Thanks if anyone who can help.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dawo5010
it's here, but still glad that you pointed that out, that means we can test that ROM out pretty soon. thanks

i can never get that firmware downloader to work :)

EXACTLY! how do i get the JC4 from there? that thing is crap.

and coz my internet not stable, the other downloader by quattro formmaggi wont work as it cant connect, then after dat locked.

Guest xkill3rprox
EXACTLY! how do i get the JC4 from there? that thing is crap.

and coz my internet not stable, the other downloader by quattro formmaggi wont work as it cant connect, then after dat locked.

Just bring your Omnia 2 to a Samsung store,

tell them that you would like to upgrade your firmware ,

as the one you are using is slow.

they will upgrade it for you,

i'm not too sure if there are charges for it.

but i'm pretty sure that it will take around 2 hours.

While flashing it ourself only need 10mins.

Guest kyawkyar
Just bring your Omnia 2 to a Samsung store,

tell them that you would like to upgrade your firmware ,

as the one you are using is slow.

they will upgrade it for you,

i'm not too sure if there are charges for it.

but i'm pretty sure that it will take around 2 hours.

While flashing it ourself only need 10mins.

I'm very happy to see your post because I can't go to S'pore.I 'm starting to download but I don't know Octans and what difference in window 7 and window vista when I try to make rom, I have only one PC with window 7 OS.I have to search how to use these . Thanks a lot. :)

Edited by kyawkyar

• 2 weeks later...
Guest p0ck3t.pc

I have been using this rom for a few days. found that this rom is responsive and stable.

a good and stable stock rom from samsung singapore.

hope to see the great chefs in modaco can make a lite version of this rom. really appreciate!

btw, how can i check that this rom has the latest version of samsung sdk? anyway to verify?

Guest Del1701
I have been using this rom for a few days. found that this rom is responsive and stable.

a good and stable stock rom from samsung singapore.

hope to see the great chefs in modaco can make a lite version of this rom. really appreciate!

btw, how can i check that this rom has the latest version of samsung sdk? anyway to verify?

You might like to have a look here http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...roms-by-lancez/

Lancez is producing some excellent lite roms one of which is based on JE4 the latest singapore rom :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Comage

There is a problem with the JC4 ROM.

When Media Player is playing and I press the Lock button to power off the screen, the screen turns itself back on.

Even if I lock the screen, the screen turns itself on after a few seconds still.

Edited by Comage

Guest Comage

There is another bug with this ROM:

When the screen is locked and left idle, sometimes pressing the unlock button will not turn on the phone.

I need to take out the battery and reboot the phone.

Also, when this happens, any incoming phone calls will not make the phone ring. The battery also suddenly becomes slightly warmer than usual.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest junyanyap

Hey

i am new to flashing

how do i go abt doing it?

do i have to download all the files in post 1?

i know theres a guide regarding flashing on win7 32bits, i will read that.. but i dont know which files i need to download.

thanks