[STEEL'S ROM][BETA .65][6.5.5(23569)][SENSE2.5 2015]

Guest Steel Reign

Guest tedkord
Just fyi people this is going to be the last release for a few weeks, as I have been extremely busy lately, and this build is pretty stable.

a new release? is it perhaps the GL2ES Sense?

Guest norm883

Hello,

Just love this ROM. With a little searching I did find out how to stop that double clock fip :(

Question? There is so much built in is there away to return to original Dialer? Or am I just missing it,

Can not find it, if there is.

Also says built in is the auto stop tasks but, when I check there are many running.

I see in the new zerosense you can pick between 3? Also tried the file for Original dialer install posted somewhere,

no go! These ROMS need a manual, Hybids of their own.

Thank you again for all you do, "not complaining" just trying to learn, they are so much better than the original crap they

have loaded. HTC MP3 Trimmer VGA (cab) is also a great program I have have found and works great with this ROM.

All the COOKS here have a Great vision of the perfect build and move fast to include the best. Hard for us who like portions of them all!

I have learned much in a few short weeks, and still learn daily from all the new posts.

Any help appreciated!

Norm883

Guest amdzero
Hello,

Just love this ROM. With a little searching I did find out how to stop that double clock fip :(

Question? There is so much built in is there away to return to original Dialer? Or am I just missing it,

Can not find it, if there is.

Also says built in is the auto stop tasks but, when I check there are many running.

I see in the new zerosense you can pick between 3? Also tried the file for Original dialer install posted somewhere,

no go! These ROMS need a manual, Hybids of their own.

Thank you again for all you do, "not complaining" just trying to learn, they are so much better than the original crap they

have loaded. HTC MP3 Trimmer VGA (cab) is also a great program I have have found and works great with this ROM.

All the COOKS here have a Great vision of the perfect build and move fast to include the best. Hard for us who like portions of them all!

I have learned much in a few short weeks, and still learn daily from all the new posts.

Any help appreciated!

Norm883

I'm not sure if steel made it possible to use a different dialer. I know there is a script in the startup menu that sets the proper bit and phone canvas to load. I think it is a Mortscript file. I haven't used his roms, so I'm just guessing here.

Guest leffo

Hello,

I flashed this beautiful ROM today, but i have a little "BIG" problem:

First of all, this is what i flashed:

CSC_I8000NXXJF4.CSC

Eboot_I8000NXXJF5_HW_40.eb0

Phone_I8000XXJF1.bin

STEEL'S ROM -BETA .65.nb0

I selected in the CSC german.

So the problem is, it only starts in Airplane-Mode and i can´t turn on the Phone, it still stays in Flight-mode.

Also it always says, "non supported battery!"

What did i do wrong?

Guest Omega Ra
Hello,

I flashed this beautiful ROM today, but i have a little "BIG" problem:

First of all, this is what i flashed:

CSC_I8000NXXJF4.CSC

Eboot_I8000NXXJF5_HW_40.eb0

Phone_I8000XXJF1.bin

STEEL'S ROM -BETA .65.nb0

I selected in the CSC german.

So the problem is, it only starts in Airplane-Mode and i can´t turn on the Phone, it still stays in Flight-mode.

Also it always says, "non supported battery!"

What did i do wrong?

this ROM is for i920...NOT i8000...there's your problem

Guest LordSith
Get COLD gps fix in less than 30 seconds!

Hey Steel. Been using your 6.5 ROM for about a week now, and LOVE it! I only have 2 questions/comments about it:

1> My GPS can't get a lock, I left it searching for 30 minutes, and it never locked on. AM I doing something wrong here?

2> Every now and then, when I slide the lock to go to use the phone for anything, I get nothing but a blank screen with just the small icons at the top with the time. Pull the battery and restart it, and it will load right back to that screen. Have to pull the battery again, and then it will load right. Any idea's as to why this happening?

I've tried pretty much all the ROMS for the i920 on here, and had SOD problems with all of them, except your 6.5 one. So kudos to you!

Guest amdzero
Hey Steel. Been using your 6.5 ROM for about a week now, and LOVE it! I only have 2 questions/comments about it:

1> My GPS can't get a lock, I left it searching for 30 minutes, and it never locked on. AM I doing something wrong here?

2> Every now and then, when I slide the lock to go to use the phone for anything, I get nothing but a blank screen with just the small icons at the top with the time. Pull the battery and restart it, and it will load right back to that screen. Have to pull the battery again, and then it will load right. Any idea's as to why this happening?

I've tried pretty much all the ROMS for the i920 on here, and had SOD problems with all of them, except your 6.5 one. So kudos to you!

did you make sure you turned the gps location to always on? sometimes I forget and this is usually the problem.

Guest LordSith
did you make sure you turned the gps location to always on? sometimes I forget and this is usually the problem.

LMFAO! That's usually the first thing I do after loading a ROM, so never thought about it. Just checked it, sure enough it was set to 911 only. LOL

Turned it on, and got 6 satellites in about 45 seconds. Ooops. Thanks AMD.

Guest tedkord

Man, Steel seems to have disappeared! I know, he said .65 would be the last release for a while, but I'm salivating for that GL2 compatible Sense he teased us with. That's probably the most exciting potential development coming down the pipeline. Speeding up Sense would make this phone perfect.

If I only knew how, I'd start trying to port it over. But I don't even know where to get it... :(

Guest Corki2

I had the same issue with the black screen on sliding. I switched to windows as the lock app and it fixed the issue. My thanks to Steel and everyone who had a hand in this ROM. It's great!

Guest LordSith
I had the same issue with the black screen on sliding. I switched to windows as the lock app and it fixed the issue. My thanks to Steel and everyone who had a hand in this ROM. It's great!

Cool, I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Guest snapz54

Steel or anyone,

could you please upload the original libgles_cm.dll from the /Windows directory of your latest rom?

I overwrote the file to try to get something else to work without making a backup, like an idiot would. I'm an idiot.

the file would be greatly appreciated.

Guest amdzero
Steel or anyone,

could you please upload the original libgles_cm.dll from the /Windows directory of your latest rom?

I overwrote the file to try to get something else to work without making a backup, like an idiot would. I'm an idiot.

the file would be greatly appreciated.

well you could just delete the file and soft reset. This will force the phone to pull the file out of rom and put it back into the windows folder.

Guest snapz54
well you could just delete the file and soft reset. This will force the phone to pull the file out of rom and put it back into the windows folder.

you're awesome amd, thanks for the info.

Guest amdzero
Having problems with Octans and detecting my device followed all the directions fervently and directly from the guide here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/verizon-sams...omnia-vzw-i920/

Please help!!! Windows Vista 32 bit

and yes i920 phone

what errors are you getting?

Opening up devices and printers, does it show the i920 phone when you connect it with power off/or the unknown looking device?

Guest bmt10
Having problems with Octans and detecting my device followed all the directions fervently and directly from the guide here:

and yes i920 phone

I'm on vista 32(well I'm on ubuntu now but vista dual boot) and I usually have a lot of problems getting it to detect. I often had to restart the computer before getting it to detect, removing and replacing the phones battery worked once, and a few times I started just un plugging and plugging it back in until it finally loaded. Some times it would work the first time I plugged it in and other times it would be anal about it.

It seems to work best on a fresh install of windows though, I had to do a system recovery after vista "broke" and it's connected instantly in the 3 or so flashes I've done since then.

Guest Dork6243

and yes i920 phone

Ive had a similar situation on a dell running xp. Try unplugging everything from the back of the computer. Keyboard, mouse, monitor, power, everything. Wait a few minutes, reconnect all cables and try again. Turns out that everytime my girlfriend plugged in her digital camera my phone would no longer be detected.

Guest Plebius20

Thanks for the imput, I was being an idiot and failed at clicking certain boxes in octans. Flashed the ROM somehow, touch and go for awhile. TOTALLY LOVE IT CANNOT PUT MY PHONE DOWN!!! I have a couple of problems with it freezing though...

1) on the sliding screen like others posted on same page. Not sure how to change to windows for sliding app.

2) the overclocking stuff, had it at 1.0ghz (I guess for my apll?) and it was working great thought it got better, but then somehow knocked it down to 940, hated the speed so tried to reclock and I think the MPLL is to low now, its only 230. So the current stage of the phone is;

APLL 1000.00 Mhz 500x2.00

MPLL 230.00 Mhz 460x0.50

EPLL 96.00 Mhz 32x3.00

I have no clue what any of this means or if it can be better (which is always good :) ) But not really sure of the order and how we are supposed to overclock the processor anyways!!

oh and P.S. I LOVE THIS ROM!!!!

Guest MontanaIrishman

I sure like this ROM, but am having a few issues:

I am using the Condor theme. In email I get blue lettering on a black background, which doesn't read well. Is there a way to change this?

How do I add themes to this? I'm not sure what kind of theme to look for to add, as there seems to be different ones for Manila, MaxSense, etc.

This issue only pertains to people who use the Outlook calendar feature a lot with meeting requests, but when I select "Edit Response Before Sending" on a meeting request I received, It doesn't let me edit the response and doesn't send an 'accept' to the meeting organizer. I can click on 'Accept" and just send response, and it works great.

Is there a way to load the standard Outlook calendar when I choose calendar from the home screen? I like the Sense one, but for some integration pieces with Office Communicator, I'd like to go directly to the standard Outlook calendar.

Is there a way to disable the preview message screen in both text and Outlook? I like the look, but I'd just like to go straight to my inbox when I chose either.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Plebius20

HELP!!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP WITH THIS ROM!!!!

I like to use slacker radio but it always shuts off once the screen locks. HELP!!

Have tried to reset the amount of time the screen locks but yet cannot find again or at all.

As for the cold GPS fix in 30 seconds equals major BS!!!!! Sometimes it takes up to five minutes to lock on and then kills a 100 percent battery in about three hours with no other music or programs running.

HELP!!!

Guest Steel Reign
HELP!!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP WITH THIS ROM!!!!

I like to use slacker radio but it always shuts off once the screen locks. HELP!!

Have tried to reset the amount of time the screen locks but yet cannot find again or at all.

As for the cold GPS fix in 30 seconds equals major BS!!!!! Sometimes it takes up to five minutes to lock on and then kills a 100 percent battery in about three hours with no other music or programs running.

HELP!!!

Have you tried reflashing? I have no idea why you are having all these problems... I haven't read through this thread in about 30 days, so I don't know if others are having the same problem... but rest assured there should be a new release in about a month. To fix all these issues, and add more features. If you guys want I can release the kitchen so you guys can play around with it and try and fix it yourself.

edit: I'll upload the kitchen right now. Should be uploaded tonight.

Oh, and also check the settings for s2u2 and adjust the backlight dimming and phone shut off settings under battery settings. As, once I turned these off the phone stopped locking itself automatically, and now I just lock it manually and I prefer it that way.

Kitchen: http://www.4shared.com/file/B3H1jdoT/STEEL..._-_kitchen.html

Edited by Steel Reign

Guest tedkord
Amazing work. Absolutely loving this. Having a small problem with turning off full weather animation though, any way to do this?

What do you mean full animation? The raindrops and windshield wiper, or the clouds that traverse the full screen? If so, it can be done. I've taken Sense off my i920, because of the performance hit it incurs, so I don't remember the exact steps. But, you've got programmable buttons at the bottom of the home screen. If you flick them upward, it brings up a full screen of unused, programmable buttons. Click on one, then from the menu that comes up, it's under miscellaneous or toggle or some category like that - there's a button for choosing on or off for the full animation. Select that button, and then you can use it to toggle the full animation on or off.

I think there's a reg edit that does the same thing, but I can't remember it. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I just don't remember.