[STEEL'S ROM][BETA .65][6.5.5(23569)][SENSE2.5 2015]

Guest Steel Reign

Guest Steel Reign

A new version is up for testing, a few things have been changed such as taskbar theme, a couple of bug fixes etc. It should be pretty stable

Edit: The next version is uploading now. This is still a test version, however it is much more stable.

It should appear here in a little bit: http://www.4shared.com/dir/d5TXL-YO/Roms.html

The files will be called:STEEL'S ROM - BETA .2.part1, STEEL'S ROM - BETA .2.part2

Edited by Steel Reign

Guest Steel Reign

Once again, I'm very glad you guys like it. I've been slaving(6-7 hours a day) over my computer for the past week to get this thing working, and now I have a rom that just a week ago didn't even exist. I just started cooking 2 weeks ago.

Edited by Steel Reign

Guest dpspcdrgn

Only problem I have so far Steel is I get a 'NON SUPPORTED BATTERY! SEE USER MANUAL' message when trying to check my battery status. Also my phone won't charge via usb anymore.

Other than that so far so good!

omg, when i saw that weather animation i was so amazed! probably more than i should have been! lol

So was I ;)

Guest Steel Reign
Only problem I have so far Steel is I get a 'NON SUPPORTED BATTERY! SEE USER MANUAL' message when trying to check my battery status. Also my phone won't charge via usb anymore.

Both of those are VERY weird, I don't know what to say lol... which way are you checking the battery status? Also, my phone charges just fine through usb, now do you mean through a usb charger or usb to computer?

Guest dpspcdrgn

Ok, I just realized (*facepalm) that this thread is for the i920 Omnia 2 and not the I8000!

Will this ROM not be compatible with the I8000?

Guest Steel Reign
Ok, I just realized (*facepalm) that this thread is for the i920 Omnia 2 and not the I8000!

Will this ROM not be compatible with the I8000?

Nope sorry. :/

Guest dpspcdrgn

:*(

-snif.

Sokay. Wish I would have looked before I leapt, because this runs soooo much better and faster than any of the sense roms I have found for the i8000.

Guest Steel Reign
:*(

-snif.

Sokay. Wish I would have looked before I leapt, because this runs soooo much better and faster than any of the sense roms I have found for the i8000.

It's ok, with ninja4hire's permission, me and him might be able to help port it over there =)

Guest dpspcdrgn
It's ok, with ninja4hire's permission, me and him might be able to help port it over there =)

That would be a dream come true! So far the only thing I can find that doesn't work properly is the battery incompatability (albeit, due to this I haven't had much time to try the rom); and it seems as though something may be wrong with the memory as well as a I get a low memory error on boot.

But the responsiveness of this ROM is UNBELIEVABLE!!!

re-edit: Please ninja4hire would you help Steel port this to the I8000? ;)

Edited by dpspcdrgn

Guest Ninja4Hire
That would be a dream come true! So far the only thing I can find that doesn't work properly is the battery incompatability (albeit, due to this I haven't had much time to try the rom); and it seems as though something may be wrong with the memory as well as a I get a low memory error on boot.

But the responsiveness of this ROM is UNBELIEVABLE!!!

re-edit: Please ninja4hire would you help Steel port this to the I8000? ;)

LOL this is a weird phone day. Someone with an i8000 just flashed one of my roms as well. Well I have no problem with porting over to i8000, it's just that we need the base OEM files to work off of. Also to tell you the truth, all that JE3, JD6, JD4 stuff confuses the crap outta me :(

Guest DaveDogMoore

beta2 quick notes

good:

dial out from Sense contact without having to install the .cab fix

unchanged:

winmo facebook app gives error "Failed to start facebook app" (did this in beta1 also, sorry forgot to report)

Sense - settings - Wireless controls still does not do anything

still had to set Condor GT Black as the theme manually

Sense facebook app still doesn't update correctly, but does pull in contact pics

Thanks for the contuinued hard work! Really enjoying this rom

Edited by DaveDogMoore

Guest dpspcdrgn
LOL this is a weird phone day. Someone with an i8000 just flashed one of my roms as well. Well I have no problem with porting over to i8000, it's just that we need the base OEM files to work off of. Also to tell you the truth, all that JE3, JD6, JD4 stuff confuses the crap outta me ;)

If I can help in any way (pulling files off my phone, etc.) I will, just ask and you shall receive!

I had no idea the two were so different until I looked them up, I thought they were the same deal just one was NA and one was SA but I guess I was way off base there.

:(

Guest amdzero
If I can help in any way (pulling files off my phone, etc.) I will, just ask and you shall receive!

I had no idea the two were so different until I looked them up, I thought they were the same deal just one was NA and one was SA but I guess I was way off base there.

;)

if you could dump your phone and post the files I'm sure we could work something out.

be warned tho, as we don't have the i8000 and so testing would be limited.

Guest DaveDogMoore

There are 2 Opera icons in the start menu - Opera Browser and Opera Mobile 10. Opera Browser opens a dialog box named OperaL with the warning - The system cannot find the file specified. -

Guest dpspcdrgn
if you could dump your phone and post the files I'm sure we could work something out.

be warned tho, as we don't have the i8000 and so testing would be limited.

I'll see what I can do, it will have to be later tomorrow evening sometime before I can think about doing a dump.

I would be more than happy to help with the testing as well, I'm really only looking for the PDA part like yours.

Guest DaveDogMoore
Why are there two files to download for flashing the rom?

post #19

QUOTE(unchoney @ Jun 16 2010, 16:17) *

Forgive my ignorance ..but with the two part rom download do we flash the second one just like we do the first? Planning on trying this tonite when i get home!

it is actually one flashrom.nb0 brocken into two zip archives.

This is because 4shared has a size limit for upload. This Rom is PACKED!

just download both, unzip them with 7zip and flash the flashrom.nb0 with OCTANS full and you're gtg.

Guest nvrmind

I also noticed the broken facebook link, but I always install the latest facebook app if it's not on there already (hasn't been yet). Also, the rom appears to have an older version of gmaps (the new has buzz and voice search).

Guest unchoney

Great job Steel! just installed beta 2 so far only issue I have found is microsoft myphone had to be downloaded from marketplace to run but not a problem. Also wifi screen would not pull up from sense settings. Thanks for the extra memory u found also! Cant wait for the lite version!