[ROM]AMDZero ZeroStock v1.1 [i920-23569-DC23]

Guest amdzero
When an e-mail or doc has a link in it nothing opens at all. I am not sure if IE worked to do this prior to installing Opera 10 as default. (I dislike IE on mobile for some reason). I will reflash and not install O 10 and see if IE provides this functionality.

You mean you have never pressed a link in an e-mail expecting the web browser to open it? If I sent you an e-mail that said: hey, look at this - http://lh4.google.ca/abramsv/R7pjCqoD44I/A...40de43a540a.jpg

you would never tap on it? (That is assuming you trusted the source)

You are making me feel like a freak (which is normal for me).

okay now I see what you mean, I thought that you mean when looking in a .doc (word) file and clicking on the link inside of it. I do open url (html) links inside emails, but it uses IE to open them. Its been a few days since I tried it, I'll flash back to zerostock and see what the deal is.

Also I know that it comes up and says can't open or whatever and you hit cancel and then it loads, I was trying to modify the ie favorites and I think I broke the "about.htm" homepage. I will look into this as well.

Guest mackrox
I'm not sure if this is a request or if you are not understanding the ROM I built.

This is my version of STOCK. Yes the touchwiz menu (aka mainmenu.exe) will appear when you tap the upper left part of the screen (due to start.dll).

Windows button on the bottom left will bring up the windows start menu. This is how WinMo 6.5.5 works. I'm not sure if you are asking why the start menu comes up or if you want mainmenu to come up when you hit the windows button.

Also Touch to Unlock was removed from this rom as I HATE using it. You can look a few posts back, I posted a cab that will re-install it if you like.

Sounds good, and the lock thing works better without it. The only issue I'm having now is the text messaging is horrible. It comes up in little bubbles and sometimes it comes up as multiple messages, what's going on? I have to click "tap here to send message" by sometimes when I hit reply I have to delete the persons text they wrote to me and fill it out.

Guest xlightwaverx

Those silly .htm files. It would be just as easy to use Dreamweaver and make your own Opera and IE start pages with the AMDZero logo in them and a google search box... that would take about a 1/2 hour of work and be slick as Sh*t.

Just my two cents :P

X

okay now I see what you mean, I thought that you mean when looking in a .doc (word) file and clicking on the link inside of it. I do open url (html) links inside emails, but it uses IE to open them. Its been a few days since I tried it, I'll flash back to zerostock and see what the deal is.

Also I know that it comes up and says can't open or whatever and you hit cancel and then it loads, I was trying to modify the ie favorites and I think I broke the "about.htm" homepage. I will look into this as well.

Guest gratefuldiver

Sorry for the noob question, but how is this installed on the phone? I looked at a thread where octans was used but ZeroStock_v1_1.7z was not a reconized file. Im sure this is simple stupid but a little help here would be very appreated. :P

I mainly just looking to free up some main storage so a program that I use for work will work a little better.

Also will spb mobil shell work with this fix? Thanks Gentleman

Sorry for the noob question, but how is this installed on the phone? I looked at a thread where octans was used but ZeroStock_v1_1.7z was not a reconized file. Im sure this is simple stupid but a little help here would be very appreated. :P

I mainly just looking to free up some main storage so a program that I use for work will work a little better.

Also will spb mobil shell work with this fix? Thanks Gentleman

You have to use 7zip or WinRAR to unzip the .bin file. Then follow the instructions here: http://www.modaco.com/content/verizon-sams...omnia-vzw-i920/

Guest gratefuldiver

Got it unzipped and ready to load, thanks.

One more question to add to the other unanswered questions. Once I've loaded this can I go back to factory with a hard reset. Thanks and sorry again for the noob questions

Guest amdzero
Got it unzipped and ready to load, thanks.

One more question to add to the other unanswered questions. Once I've loaded this can I go back to factory with a hard reset. Thanks and sorry again for the noob questions

no, you have to use the official samsung update to go back, hard reset will clear everything and reload the current rom you have already flashed.

Guest Mr.DunnDunn
how do you mean "old text messaging" ?

for some reason every time i receive a text the gold messaging envelope(program) opens the text. anyway to set it so the i guess it would be the default messaging app?

Guest amdzero
for some reason every time i receive a text the gold messaging envelope(program) opens the text. anyway to set it so the i guess it would be the default messaging app?

try this

Go to: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSINBOX

Change key 1 (default : Tmail)

Guest Fogfire

Ok I have a request.

I pretty much like what is in the Omnia II except the Verizon Adware / trial ware.

I even like the shut down question as I would have accidentaly turned off the phone without it a couple of times.

So I love your Stock rom work...that updates us without changing the over all samsung concept.

What I would like to see in this is not totally stock.

I really want Finger keyboard 2.1 that has Word Suggestion working. I can't get the WM sugestion working though they say it should.

without the dpad I love the keyboard with cursor arrows it would be perfect with some kind of word completeion aid.

Guest Narlhotep
Ok, I was trying to solve this myself through the registry before posting again, but I am getting sort of desperate. I originally posted that web content: http/html/xml stuff embedded in 3rd part apps did not display under this ROM. The problem is more widespread. Web links in docs/e-mail etc will not open in any web browser for me. In the reg all these files are associated with iexplore.exe. I have tried changing the associations to \windows\iexplore.exe (the real location of the exe in this ROM), \program files\Opera Mobile 10\opera10-armv4i.exe, and even tried using the old opera 9 exe that is still in the Windows folder. I found a cab at XDA that was meant to "truly" make Opera 10 the Winmo default and it also failed to direct web links to any browser. Can anyone help?

I attached the XDA cab below if that helps. It really sounded like what I needed, but no dice.

Found the fix for embedded web content in 3rd party Apps @ XDA. Put this little .dll in your windows folder, soft reset and bob's your uncle! (never understood what that phrase meant).

As for the problem with links not opening in the default web browser- it is gone and I don't know how. I reflashed and opened several links with IE (getting past the "about blank" issue and continuing to open links from docs and e-mails), then installed Opera 10 as default and the problem is now gone. This is completely unscientific and I have no explanation. All I know is that I have my "ZeroStock" running like a dream. Thanks again AMDZero!

webview.zip

Found the fix for embedded web content in 3rd party Apps @ XDA. Put this little .dll in your windows folder, soft reset and bob's your uncle! (never understood what that phrase meant).

As for the problem with links not opening in the default web browser- it is gone and I don't know how. I reflashed and opened several links with IE (getting past the "about blank" issue and continuing to open links from docs and e-mails), then installed Opera 10 as default and the problem is now gone. This is completely unscientific and I have no explanation. All I know is that I have my "ZeroStock" running like a dream. Thanks again AMDZero!

sounds good.

I think webview.dll is already in the rom. Is this some how modified for your purpose?

Guest Narlhotep
sounds good.

I think webview.dll is already in the rom. Is this some how modified for your purpose?

My friend, I'm going to have to plead ignorance on that. In my haste I bluetoothed the .dll to My Storage and moved it to \windows with SKtools file explorer, there was no "replace" question asked so I think it was missing. Maybe someone with an untouched flash of the ROM could tell us? If you bake it in to future ROMs newbie podcast fanboys will be able to see the content on their web-embedded apps!

PS listen to Punky Radio @ http://punkyradio.com

post-665413-1284108651_thumb.png

Edited by Narlhotep

Guest WolfpackInCO

How do I make the Jinbox app that's in the start menu the default SMS app?

nm. Stext uses it so if you have Home Screen Customizer and edit the registry MSINBOX to jinbox.exe you can use it!

Edited by WolfpackInCO

Guest JeremyGNJ

Anyone expect that I'll have any issues running this ROM on top of a newly Updated DG21?

I updated and then tried out AMDZero LiteRom for DG21 but I find it "not quite what I want" and I also find the fonts to be unbearable.

Anyone expect that I'll have any issues running this ROM on top of a newly Updated DG21?

I updated and then tried out AMDZero LiteRom for DG21 but I find it "not quite what I want" and I also find the fonts to be unbearable.

should be fine, you'll just have to live with DC23 PDA flash portion. Which really doesn't change a whole lot.