MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

All Omnia 2 reg file tweaks

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

sms fix part 1 removes previous text when u reply to the notification of a new sms from your popup or the today screen

sms fix part 2 removes previous text when u reply to the new sms from the messaging inbox

also included are my reg entries to speed up overall internet

and to automatically disconnect idle data connections after 1 min (works best if all auto updates are set to manually but you must set ACTIVESYNC to manual for this to work)

http://www.4shared.com/file/7QS5I88c/Reggie.html

i used the free app cabintgr to create these cabs available here

http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Develope...egr-82331.shtml

so just install it and then run the cab files

Please feel free to upload your favorite reg tweaks here so we can have them all in one place so the cooks wont have to look so hard to accomodate our requests

Edited by urphonesux

Posted · Report post

hkcu/software/microsoft/inbox/settings/

make include original 0

Thanks, this has been driving me nutz, but was soo low on my priority list I didn't have time to look for it.

Posted · Report post

what is this for exactly?

Posted · Report post

what is this for exactly?

for when you "reply" to a sms, it automatically fills your reply message with the sent message from before. So you have to erase the message every time before sending your reply. sux, but at least this should fix that.

Posted · Report post

Oh yea ok now I see. Great find. Using jInbox and I'm loving it way better than default SMS app

Posted · Report post

for when you "reply" to a sms, it automatically fills your reply message with the sent message from before. So you have to erase the message every time before sending your reply. sux, but at least this should fix that.

Awesome. Now you guys are finding fixes for issues I didn't even find yet! Talk about proactive!

Posted · Report post

topic updated because i forgot to upload part 2 of the sms fix

(check first post)

Posted · Report post

come on guys i know that you all have some favorite reg tweaks that you add in after you flash to the latest and greatest rom.

Posted · Report post

I'm still getting used to using the registry editing, so hopefully this isn't a dumb question. How do you install these edits? Or do I have to go in and change the current setting line by line?

Posted · Report post

o sorry about that

i used the free app cabintgr available here

so just install it to your mystorage/sd card and then run the cab files

I knew I was missing something! It worked perfect, thank you. The SMS issue was driving me crazy. The internet speed boost was just a bonus, works great.

Posted · Report post

I knew I was missing something! It worked perfect, thank you. The SMS issue was driving me crazy. The internet speed boost was just a bonus, works great.

also you can use dotfred's task manager to import/export registry settings...

http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm

Posted · Report post

also sktools

Posted · Report post

I'm using your base rom and I am not experiencing this issue (annoyance really). Did you add these reg fixes to your rom?

I have used roms on the i920 since day one, is that why I have never had this problem?

Posted · Report post

Does anyone know if the incoming call bubble, showing the number & pic (if there is one), can be altered to display a smaller pic or no pic. What's the point of call display for calls that aren't in your contacts list when you can't see the number !!??

:lol:

Thanks

(P.S. Stock ROM)

Posted · Report post

sms fix part 1 removes previous text when u reply to the notification of a new sms from your popup or the today screen

sms fix part 2 removes previous text when u reply to the new sms from the messaging inbox

also included are my reg entries to speed up overall internet

and to automatically disconnect idle data connections after 1 min (works best if all auto updates are set to manually but you must set ACTIVESYNC to manual for this to work)

http://www.4shared.com/file/7QS5I88c/Reggie.html

i used the free app cabintgr to create these cabs available here

so just install it and then run the cab files

Please feel free to upload your favorite reg tweaks here so we can have them all in one place so the cooks wont have to look so hard to accomodate our requests

Folks, please make sure when using sms fix 1.reg you edit "SMSCallbackNumber" to be your phone number.

Not sure if this updates to "your phone number" when you use the SMS function but better safe than sorry.

The other updates do not appear to have user specific information within them.

Posted · Report post

Folks, please make sure when using sms fix 1.reg you edit "SMSCallbackNumber" to be your phone number.

Not sure if this updates to "your phone number" when you use the SMS function but better safe than sorry.

The other updates do not appear to have user specific information within them.

There is a lot of stuff in these reg files that has nothing to do with the fix they are working on.

Has any one narrowed down which settings apply?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\MMS\Settings]

"SMSReplyWithOriginalText"=dword:00000000

I can tell you this one alone does nothing...

There are too many settings in these to just add to my registry

Posted · Report post

yeah that might help :)

Posted · Report post

Here is a reg tweak I JUST found, when troubleshooting why my provxmls weren't running. Actually a lot of samsung reg settings weren't getting posted:

Enable Vibration touch:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\VibeTonz]

"TouchVibeOn"=dword:1

"TouchScreenVibe"=dword:1

by default your touch filter is set at 44

this is why you have to press kind of hard to make a selection.

when i followed the tweak and set my touch filter to 0 it made my screen so sensitive that if i touched it in any way it would select something. last night i upped it to 14 and it has made a world of difference in everything including swyping.

im mobile so i cant post the key now so just look for improve omnia 2 touch response

increase the screen responsiveness Go to HKLM>system>GWE>touch>filter and set "minimumtaptime" to 14

Edited by urphonesux

Posted · Report post

Thanks to Sorg

Camera Mod (I did not use the included .mui file from the .rar because i use a i920 and originally this is for the i8000)

It creates a new folder wherever you save your pics called i8000CAM (i left it alone just in case and it works fine)

adds two new sizes to the size settings menu (i now have 720x480,640x480,320x420,176x144)

also i notice that the camera now can be set to use gps and post your position on the pics(turning this on will cause you to have to wait to take a picture so that the camera can lock on to satellites;the best solution is to use the gps reg tweaks i will post below

and this all came about from this from Eduuuuu.Thanks!!

It's really annoying to have the pictures named as: SCN00001, SCN00002, and etc...

We, that flashes ROM all the time.... specially because there are always exceptional ROMs coming up.... The Picture file Name Always Resets to 00001

OR you don't even have to Flash your phone.... if you take a lot of pictures... Document everything with your omnia... And have to do BACK-UPs on your PC... The Camera Picture Folder will be empty, and then... Camera software will start all over, from 00001...

And what really sucks...

go to Your PC.... and Back-up your folder again... You have a HUGE ISSUE to mess with... DUPLICATED File names, but of course, DIFFERENT Pictures!

You are probably facing this problem, since you have your omnia. I or II.

P.S. It's not possible to keep all the pictures in my phone...

as I said: if you are a camera user... you will do back-ups to your PC... then the problem comes later...

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/303447/...e-jpg/page/40/#

adjust audio levels

reset battery S-O-C % (state of charge) without resetting the Omnia 2

the two uses i mentioned can be found in the close menu on the bottom right end of the menu bar

battery monitor for S-O-C %

Audio Gain for audio levels

Under music speaker change the following values: L1VL2 – 110; HPG7 – 1110; L3L7 – 10; OVL7 – 00001001; OVR7 - 00010010 --->then click apply, a small screen will pop up, click ok on it----> once on the main screen again, you can apply the same values for all other areas like ringtone, force speaker, voice, speaker and once done, click on menu and exit. Note that these values will not be changed after the soft reset but they will go back to manufacture values after a hard reset. These are the default values to set everything like before: L1VL2 – 101; HPG7 – 1011; L3VL7 – 10; OVL7 – 00011000; OVR7 - 00011000

there are other options that you can use also but not all of them work as this app is for the i8000 originally (the radio needs the headphones to be plugged in to work)

http://phj.hu/i8000/Smart.CAB

Edited by urphonesux

Faster rotation app (to me)

Thanks to 600GOL and ED209!!

first put this .dll in your /windows folder

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=47106 (fixes reverse rotation of HTCSensorSDK.dll)

then install this app

changeScreen v2.78! attached below

first turn off any other rotation software you have installed

then install changescreen

open the app and click enable and run at startup

Thats it and you can also add exceptions

changescreen_inst.cab

Edited by urphonesux