[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Afrodude
Hmm subscribed for the online kitchen, but cannot see the option to turn the HW acceleration off. Where do I find it?

When you "bake" your ROM its there.

Use Hardware Acceleration installed to /system partition

This option enables hardware acceleration, which increases the peformance and UI smoothness of the device.

Guest crumplycord

so apps2sd working perfectley ok with R4? really need this working as I have only restored about 75% of my apps from my htc magic (which still had 50mb free on with all apps on internal memory). looks like the r3 soloution is hit and miss so just waiting for a reliable version within a ROM to drop.

Guest mephestic

Thanks so much for this internet setup guide - lifesaver! Im up and running now...next thing I need to do is root it! Not sure what the benefits are yet but seems like its what all the cool crowd are doing?

When you "bake" your ROM its there.

Use Hardware Acceleration installed to /system partition

This option enables hardware acceleration, which increases the peformance and UI smoothness of the device.

Hmm I see.. I just thought that it is some setting specific for the touchpal. The phone seemed swift enough even with the stock ROM, so disabling the hardware acceleration might help make the text input little more convenient...

One thing that isn't that hot is a car navigation though - I was used to use IGO 8.3 with Windows Mobile phone and the Android alternative is not only heavily stripped off features, but also a bit choppy. Any thoughts on how to improve I Go My Way performance and possibly use own skins?

I don't know whether the problem is ROM related or the application is slow on all devices, though...

Edited by Viruss

Guest Simon O
K Any1 got app2sd working on r4??

Yes. Had to bake A2SD into the ROM and use Pauls version instead of Darktremor. For some odd reason I can't get Darktremor A2SD to work with a bake of r4 without Pauls A2SD.

But it works fine and I'm happy.

Guest chipper333
Hi guys, my phone is stuck in FTM mode and I don't know how to exit, please advise ?

Would removing the battery be safe ?

FTM happened to me also weeks ago, i just pulled the battery out seemed to clear it.

I baked a rom with A2SD, do I need to do some configuration after i flashed that rom or how can I confirm that it work?

I already partioned one 512mb area at the end of my SD-card

Edited by Erik_g

Guest Pakatus
Yes. Had to bake A2SD into the ROM and use Pauls version instead of Darktremor. For some odd reason I can't get Darktremor A2SD to work with a bake of r4 without Pauls A2SD.

~

How you made it work?

I flashed r4, installed terminal app.

Runned su and after a2sd ... "comand not found".... :)

Guest Simon O
~

How you made it work?

I flashed r4, installed terminal app.

Runned su and after a2sd ... "comand not found".... :)

I can't get Darktremor to work at all with r4 so I'm just using the A2SD that Paul added. I don't think there are any commands for it. It just works. Make sure you have an ext partition on the SD card and it'll find it and use it automatically.

Guest Kingbhoy

getting the message E:can't open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory) Installation aborted.

Is there a certain place im supposed to put the files on the SD card? i Just pasted the 3 files into the main folder.

Guest Pakatus
I can't get Darktremor to work at all with r4 so I'm just using the A2SD that Paul added. I don't think there are any commands for it. It just works. Make sure you have an ext partition on the SD card and it'll find it and use it automatically.

Thanks...will check on this :)

Guest ice_chill
Skype released last week. Already installed on mine!

When I try to get Skype through WIFI I get message that the handset is not supported. I am using original Orange software, do I need to root first ?

Guest x.balli.x

dude you should have said this earlier :). ....i had to re-flash the rom millions just to get DT's a2sd start working but no luck................ thanks

Guest Pakatus

no luck for me.

installed r4 with a2sd option but still apps are being installed in internal.

have a partition in ext2 in sd that i used in pulse nicelly

is there some weird step im missing?