[OLED] 06/Dec r4: MoDaCo Custom ROM (MCR) downloads + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

mcriblader11.pngmcriblader12.png

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Orange San Francisco (aka ZTE Blade)! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. B)

Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

Requirements

In order to install this ROM on your device, you must have the ClockworkMod recovery installed.

Features

• Based on the OUK_P729BV1.0.0B05 ROM release
  • Hardware acceleration enabled
  • Stock kernel
  • Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions by ChainsDD
  • Built, tweaked and massaged with the MCR build process which boosts the speed of the ROM
  • busybox with Droid Explorer support
  • MCR version displayed in 'About' screen
  • Updated Google Maps and Street View
  • Added Adobe Reader
  • Added Car Dock
  • Added Email application
  • Added Google Talk
  • Added Voice Search
  • Added Spare Parts (switch both animations to fast!)
  • Added WiFi Status indicator
  • Added Genie News / Weather
  • Removed Orange boot logo
  • Added MCR boot logo
  • Removed a multitude of Orange junk, Glu games are still present
  • Removed DocumentsToGo (same trial version is available from the Android Market)
  • Removed MobileWeather
  • Remove Orange default wallpaper
  • WiFi Tweaks
  • Online Kitchen
  • Optional ROM Manager
  • Optional Titanium Backup
  • Optional Wavesecure via the online kitchen (installed to system partition for maximum security)
    • Update from ERE27 to a later Eclair release
    • Custom kernel
    • Change button theme from dark to light
    • Investigate possibility of odexing the ROM
    • More stuff i've probably forgotten

Changelog

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.

Downloads

This ROM is also available in update.zip format (for ClockworkMod Recovery) in the online kitchen in the post below this one.
      • for installation via ClockworkMod Recovery: r4 (default kitchen options) - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 05c8445bd0c5a19136d8955fe5baa542
      • for installation via ClockworkMod Recovery: r4 (default kitchen options, no MoDaCo Additions) - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: ea16544c56d4c0bec8454ce312b8c5fc
      • Installation

To install this ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery:

[*]Download the update zip above and copy to your SD card. [*]Restart your device in recovery mode (turn on your device with 'Volume Down' held). [*]Use the recovery menu to apply the update zip.

Upgrading

No wipe is required to use this ROM.

Reverting to stock

A stock ROM image can be found in this topic.

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

And finally...

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus account, both of which also give you early access to Beta ROM releases and access to the the online kitchens.

Enjoy! :lol:

P

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

Changelog

r4

• Updated Android Market (2.2 features)
  • Optional A2SD
  • Updated Sound Recorder
  • Updated framework-res and Launcher (remove Orange default wallpaper)
  • Component updates
    • Hardware acceleration enabled
    • Hugely expanded APN list
    • Core app updates (Maps etc.)
    • MoDaCo Boot Logo
    • Minor WiFi changes
    • A few other minor tweaks and changes to juice up performance and maximise compatability

• Added Genie Widget
      • Removed duplicate directory (a relic from my testing)
      • r1

[*]Initial Release

A heads up... when I add 'cachedalvikcache' to this ROM, we'll immediately gain 33MB of space on /data. :lol:

P

Fantastic. Are you going to add Darktremor A2SD to this then?

I've not used DarkTremor's A2SD (or even seen it), but I will probably include my standard A2SD scripts when we get to kitchen status.

cachedalvikcache is a no brainer tho. Basically it's a script I created which runs on startup and moves the /system/app dex files to /cache and symlinks. On this ROM they come in at ~33MB and the /cache partition is 40MB, so that'll work great. Instant 33MB saving on /data. :lol:

P

The only part of the dalvik cache that is moved to /cache is the /system/app portion, which will stay a consistent size. :lol:

P

Ah yes, silly me.

Just had a quick look at this rom. Two app folders, one called app.new with the same apps but different sizes. How come?

Not that I can find. Running 64 bit though? Am I even more screwed when I get my mac back tomorrow? Lol

Ok do you fancy trying these out? http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/zte_driver.zip

Quickly edited T-Mobile Pulse drivers. They seem to be pretty much standard Android but work with 64bit properly. You might have to manually install them.