Htc Sense 2018 ROMs by Speedfrog

Guest Speedfrog

Guest speedfrog
Speedfrog to tell u honestly this is the best Sense rom i've ever used. Thanks for this man!

thank you :P

are you still using the Ultra lite rom? if so can you test if this is working:

* you can disable samsung messaging skin (when you are writing a message) by installing: DisableDialerSkin and you can enable it EnableDialerSkin

EDIT:

this does not work, change the registry like the first post says under tips

Edited by speedfrog

Guest ashburn
thank you :P

are you still using the Ultra lite rom? if so can you test if this is working:

* you can disable samsung messaging skin (when you are writing a message) by installing: DisableDialerSkin and you can enable it EnableDialerSkin

Yes im still using it hehehe and the samsung messaging skin i never tried disabling the skin cause im using the HTC messaging thingy and it works just fine. and i installed the HTC Dialer. everythings seems to be in perfect condition an i am using it for 2 days already i can say this is the kinda rom we all need. its fast & superbly stable.

Guest speedfrog

nice :P

did you install htc messaging? because when i tried to wirte a new text or replay it went to samsung messaging (not in the MEGAlite)

Edited by speedfrog

Guest ashburn
nice :P

did you install htc messaging? because when i tried to wirte a new text or replay it went to samsung messaging (not in the MEGalite)

no i did not install it. it was included from your ultralite. You can use it without going to Messaging or SMS. Just go to contacts click on the name of the person and you can send message to person. so when the particular person replies to you it will go to the sense messaging tab & you can simply reply his or her smses by pressing on the message on messaging tab. It all work perfectly. I only install Easy S3Clock & HTC Dialer. I'm hoping to see video call up soon ^^. Cheers

and it uses the HTC Messaging.

Edited by ashburn

Guest speedfrog
no i did not install it. it was included from your ultralite. You can use it without going to Messaging or SMS. Just go to contacts click on the name of the person and you can send message to person. so when the particular person replies to you it will go to the sense messaging tab & you can simply reply his or her smses by pressing on the message on messaging tab. It all work perfectly. I only install Easy S3Clock & HTC Dialer. I'm hoping to see video call up soon ^^. Cheers

thanks for the info :P

video call is not working in htc dialer, you need to install samsung dialer.

Guest ashburn

ha, no prob's thanks for the rom =D. Well im hoping it will work for HTC Dialer but its okay. Video call isn't that important for me now. hehe =D as far as im concerned the rom is fast, very responsive & superbly stable.

Guest speedfrog

sorry for asking again, but can someone with the JH1 6.5 Sense 2018 English Lite ROM please post screenshots of the htc dialer and the memory? :P

--------

Updated first post a little :D

Edited by speedfrog

I decided to give your UL ROM another go and the screen off issue remains, again after several flashes. I also still can't access the address book to select contacts, after disabling, enabling, disabling the skin (after several hours of dis- and then enabling the skins I got tired).

It's odd that I'm the only one experiencing these problems, meaning there has to be a bug somewhere that is very rare. To clarify the problem I will try and explain it in detail.

When I click the button to turn the screen off the screen switches off. A second or two later the screen switches itself back on but the phone is locked and the screen is dim (50% brightness). Now whether I click the button to turn the screen off or unlock the phone and then turn the screen on the screen turns itself back on again. It doesn't always happen, sometimes, when I've prayed to the gods of screen offs, sacrificed a cat, dog and my offspring the screen will stay off. But this is rare and the battery is drained very quickly due to the screen simply refusing to stay off.

Last night it drove my wife over the edge and she demanded I install a new ROM, as she's a light sleeper and the light from the phone, though dim, irritated her enough to prevent her from sleeping deeply. I love the ROM as it's the best Sense ROM I've found but these two bugs make it hard to live with. It's a shame because the 70MB RAM free is wonderful and makes the phone snappy. My wife loves the constant animation of the weather page and wants me to download a ROM for her Desire, which I'll do once I've solved my own problems.

I decided to give your UL ROM another go and the screen off issue remains, again after several flashes. I also still can't access the address book to select contacts, after disabling, enabling, disabling the skin (after several hours of dis- and then enabling the skins I got tired).

It's odd that I'm the only one experiencing these problems, meaning there has to be a bug somewhere that is very rare. To clarify the problem I will try and explain it in detail.

When I click the button to turn the screen off the screen switches off. A second or two later the screen switches itself back on but the phone is locked and the screen is dim (50% brightness). Now whether I click the button to turn the screen off or unlock the phone and then turn the screen on the screen turns itself back on again. It doesn't always happen, sometimes, when I've prayed to the gods of screen offs, sacrificed a cat, dog and my offspring the screen will stay off. But this is rare and the battery is drained very quickly due to the screen simply refusing to stay off.

Last night it drove my wife over the edge and she demanded I install a new ROM, as she's a light sleeper and the light from the phone, though dim, irritated her enough to prevent her from sleeping deeply. I love the ROM as it's the best Sense ROM I've found but these two bugs make it hard to live with. It's a shame because the 70MB RAM free is wonderful and makes the phone snappy. My wife loves the constant animation of the weather page and wants me to download a ROM for her Desire, which I'll do once I've solved my own problems.

Probably you should flash all parts: eboot especially!

Downloading JH1 and will give it another go.

I haven't flashed for so long I had to go through the flashing manual again lol

Edited by Nablet

I'm going to try that lite Sence rom and will give my opinion

Hi Speedfrog, your ROM is cool! Do you thing cooking a FULL Sense ROM - with Office, Opera,etc. I mean almost ready to go. Update weather is working. Is it possible to include and htc keyboard?

The problem lies somewhere in the UL ROM, because the ML one doesn't have the screen-off problem.

I've tried just lite rom - and there is no problem also

That's why I said it could be a rare problem but I can't get rid of it, even with the JH1 eboot, meaning it's the ROM. However, I don't know anything about ROMs, so, I haven't a clue as to what it could be.

That's why I said it could be a rare problem but I can't get rid of it, even with the JH1 eboot, meaning it's the ROM. However, I don't know anything about ROMs, so, I haven't a clue as to what it could be.

Me neither!

Guest thaitrinh10
try to flash again with Eboot_I8000NXXJH1_HW_40.eb0 and Phone_I8000XXJF1.rar and CSC_I8000XEEJH2.rar, do a hardreset after, dial *2767*3855#

its not a problem with the rom becuase i didnt have that problem and ashburn didnt

Dear Speedfog

I flash with Eboot JI1;SCS JI1;Phone JF1 ;PDA : Utra lite and using 2 days is no more problems.I install many software but this rom very fast and always big free ram with sense.

Thank you very much,

try to flash again with Eboot_I8000NXXJH1_HW_40.eb0 and Phone_I8000XXJF1.rar and CSC_I8000XEEJH2.rar, do a hardreset after, dial *2767*3855#

its not a problem with the rom becuase i didnt have that problem and ashburn didnt

Must... resist... temptation... to... flash... again... :P

What's the password of these files?

As I said, love your UL so much I'll try again. It could well be an incompatibility problem with the parts I'm using, so, I'll just try again. Right now I'm using your ML ROM and it's fast and smooth, but the 6.1 look and feel just irritate me.

My next phone is an HTC once, though their Sense Weather page doesn't continuously animate like yours does (which is one thing I have over my wife's phone lol).

Edited by Nablet

Guest Hoang Hiep
What's the password of these files?

Phone_I8000XXJF1.rar, CSC_I8000XEEJH2.rar

Password: samfirmware.com

Edited by Hoang Hiep

Guest ashburn

I'm not sure whats wrong with you guys using The UltraLite. my phone seems to be doing well with it. Maybe try flashing a clean rom first then after that try to flash with speedfrog nbo. it should work just fine.

Guest speedfrog
you can disable samsung messaging skin

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=40504

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=40505[/code]

this didnt work for me in the Norwegian Lite rom :P

@Nablet

did it work?

Edited by speedfrog

Nope, didn't work and neither did Phone_I8000XXJF1.rar, CSC_I8000XEEJH2.rar. I'm giving up and sticking with the ML one. It's still better than energy's ROMs as they suck batteries dry within hours and that's idle usage.

Thanks a lot for the help guys and, as I'm the only one suffering from this problem the bug is very rare, so it can be ignored.

Edit: forgot to say the ML ROM is still great. I have installed the few applications I use: Opera, Office and MSN. My only problem now is that I can't use the stock WinMo Media Player, as it's god awful. I will figure that out later what the other programmes are I could use, right now I'm glad I have the permanently animating weather tab and am pretty tired (sleep time).

Thanks for the ROMs, as I have said before, and I will try out any new ones you make.

Edited by Nablet