Lite ROMs By Speedfrog

Guest Speedfrog

Guest pulak861

thankyou speedfrog.... just flashed my i8000....

but i dont find any good modifications for JH2's around here...... so have a quick question.. can i flash only the pda part of a jg5 rom???? i currently have a JH2 eboot and csc part....... will this affect any performance?????

thank you.......

Hey Speedfrog.

Just flashed your Rom yesterday.

Looks nice and semi-light. Just, what I wanted.

You played a trick on me with the country-configuration in your rom. I didn´t check it and installed many programs. --> when I started these programs they all appeared in your Danish(that´s what I found out later looking into the country-settings). :)

Some programs were able to switch language, but others not <_< After reinstalling these progs everything was fine. :P

There is one thing I would like to ask you: I don´t get an Internetconnection with SPB News.

All other programs are working fine.

I found something about this issue HERE

May be the problem is related to JH2 and not to your Rom.

Thank you for this nice Rom!

Regards

Guest wittanny
Hey Speedfrog.

Just flashed your Rom yesterday.

Looks nice and semi-light. Just, what I wanted.

You played a trick on me with the country-configuration in your rom. I didn´t check it and installed many programs. --> when I started these programs they all appeared in your Danish(that´s what I found out later looking into the country-settings). :(

Some programs were able to switch language, but others not :P After reinstalling these progs everything was fine. :)

There is one thing I would like to ask you: I don´t get an Internetconnection with SPB News.

All other programs are working fine.

I found something about this issue HERE

May be the problem is related to JH2 and not to your Rom.

Thank you for this nice Rom!

Regards

I don't think it is ROM related problem. This also happened with some other devices. Spb News fails to initiate internet connection by itself.

Try connect to internet using pocket IE first. After that you can exit pocket IE and start Spb News again.

Guest speedfrog
but i dont find any good modifications for JH2's around here...... so have a quick question.. can i flash only the pda part of a jg5 rom???? i currently have a JH2 eboot and csc part....... will this affect any performance?????

Yes you can, about the performance JG5/JH1 is faster because it is 6.5 and JH2/JG2 is 6.5.x. particularly if you are using a heavy skin/homescreen such as htc sense or JML skin by contable.

EDIT: added some extra info

I don't think it is ROM related problem. This also happened with some other devices. Spb News fails to initiate internet connection by itself.

Try connect to internet using pocket IE first. After that you can exit pocket IE and start Spb News again.

Thank you for answering the question :P

Edited by speedfrog

Guest pulak861
yes you can, about the performance i JG5 is faster because it is 6.5 and JH2 is 6.5.x. particularly if you are using a heavy skin/homescreen such as htc sense or JML skin by contable.

thanks man... you rock.....\m/

Hi Thanks for the jh2 ROM. But I have some doubts :

1) I installed samsung widgetsplus , but in the below task bar there are a icon name contacts. Is possible to change to phonebook ?

2) I not find a icon text (mms/sms)

Best Regards

Areias

Edited by aareias

Guest speedfrog
Hi Thanks for the jh2 ROM. But I have some doubts :

1) I installed samsung widgetsplus , but in the below task bar there are a icon name contacts. Is possible to change to phonebook ?

2) I not find a icon text (mms/sms)

1) use keyswop

2) use total comander or Resco file explorer and go to the windows folder and copy SMS-MMS.exe to the start menu/programs :P

Edited by speedfrog

Hello, thank you, I love your rom!! I instaled JH1 semi lite... I just wanted to know if there is any way to change the lock screen... sorry... I am new at "playing" with my O2

Guest speedfrog
Hello, thank you, I love your rom!! I instaled JH1 semi lite... I just wanted to know if there is any way to change the lock screen... sorry... I am new at "playing" with my O2

if you want the standard windows, install the JE2 lockscreen cab in twu2s thread, you can also use S2U2

Edited by speedfrog

Guest Rod Bacon

This is, quite simply, the fastest my i8000 has ever been.

I am a business user (so I don't want a crapload of surperfluous animations, etc.) and I use SPB mobile shell, so it's great to not have a whole lot of junk installed that I don't need.

Well done!

I have one question. How do I set the default option of the X button to close rather than minimise? I assume this functionality has been stripped out of this ROM?

if you are using 6.5, go to samsung settings > general settings > button > "X" button > enable the only option in there.

if you are using 6.5.3, then you''l have to install 3rd party apps to do that, such as Xtask, showcase taskmanager to name a few.

Guest Rod Bacon
if you are using 6.5, go to samsung settings > general settings > button > "X" button > enable the only option in there.

if you are using 6.5.3, then you''l have to install 3rd party apps to do that, such as Xtask, showcase taskmanager to name a few.

Thanks for that. I'll go search for Showcase.

Hi speedfrog.

I used your JH1 semi lite ROM and I met some problem. Maybe just you can help me - I didn't found any information anywhere.

It seams that in your ROM there is not executed SIM initialization. (maybe siminit.dll - but it exist in Windows and is also mentioned in registry).

Then in NoData - there is nothing to be toggled.

I also see just some "Servizi TIM" SIM, but in all others ROM there was msg after first run saying that new SIM was found and it was reconfigured. (in my case I always had "O2 SIM" - my provider)

Is there any way how to start this SIM initialization or force it to be executed?

Anyway big thanks for your ROM.

Do you get an occasional double-lock (S2U2 and the Native Windows lock)? I find it annoying.

Me absolutelly the same and I can't find a solution.

But maybe now it is solved - \HKCU\Software\Samsung\LockScreen\Lock=0. I hope it helps. But not sure. I will see in future time.

Guest speedfrog
Do you get an occasional double-lock (S2U2 and the Native Windows lock)? I find it annoying.

samsung settings-Display and light-disable the Lock Screen

Edited by speedfrog