03/Mar Gr26 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.3.3 / GRI54)

Guest PaulOBrien

Thank you Paul!

You work is highly appreciated!

One day you will get rewarded, at least for making so many people happy!

:( ;) :) :(

having said this, is it likely that in the next days we will see a MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port r2x???

or is it already out and im misreading?

Regards

Working on the Desire version now.

P

Guest raimundopage

Paul! great ROM THANKS!, but please add the trackball wake to the kitchen, without that I can't use the phone :( because I have my power button broke.

raimundo

You are my hero :( included in the kitchen would be awesome

das_spektakel

Guest seamonkey420

Thanks Paul! been running it for a day and so far looking good! just doing a battery calibration since i was on the custom kernel and now on stock and i guess i'm going back to custom w/r26 :(

thanks again for the release and kitchen!

Guest mindfrost82
It's the latest CM kernel... so if it's in there...?

P

Awesome, thanks!

If its based on the CM kernel then, do you know if we can use other CM7-based kernels? I tried on another OTA Gingerbread ROM I was using and the camera would just give a black screen.

Awesome, thanks!

If its based on the CM kernel then, do you know if we can use other CM7-based kernels? I tried on another OTA Gingerbread ROM I was using and the camera would just give a black screen.

No, some commits are reverted to fix the Camera i'm afraid.

P

Guest milomak

Anyone else finding that it hangs at the x screen for more than 10 minutes when installing a cooked a2sd+ rom? I eventually take battery out.

No a2sd version works.

Edited by milomak

Guest mindfrost82

I cooked my own version in the kitchen and used A2SD+ but while I'm restoring my apps, I'm getting a low storage space message. My card is partitioned with a 1Gb ext3 partition.

Is there something special that needs to be done to activate the ext3 partition?

Guest bswpt

full last year i was allways on mcr-roms, since a few weeks i'm using cm7 nightlies and rc1.

In this rom i can easily use vpnc - app, tun.ko in specific folder - works fine for me.

I have to use this, because it's the only way to connect to my fritzbox.

Ther is no (known to me) way to connect over built in vpn or openvpn.

I don't wont miss anymore this "feature".

Now, my question:

Is it possible with the mcr to get run vpnc?

Can somebody confirm connection to fritzbox?

If yes, i would like to come back to mcr...

Guest mindfrost82
I cooked my own version in the kitchen and used A2SD+ but while I'm restoring my apps, I'm getting a low storage space message. My card is partitioned with a 1Gb ext3 partition.

Is there something special that needs to be done to activate the ext3 partition?

Nevermind....its working now after a reboot.

Guest Sylar2010

Yep can't live without Tb wake too, Paul is working on it :(

About the camera, the photos taken in 5mp are about 700/800k each or 1.3/2mb?

I am asking because in some roms the camera is tweaked to take out jpeg compression.

Also is the DSP module for sound included?

Guest Pug77

24 hours since upgrading from r25 (Gb) with 04 radio to r26 (Gb) with 08 radio, no wipe.

r26 has significant speed improvement over r24 (Froyo) and so far appears to have better battery life.

The only problem encounter was with Tweetdeck. After launching and entering user credential, all the account details download but at the point where the feed information downloaded the program FC'ed. Solution was to use to Ti backup, firstly to wipe Tweetdeck program data and then to uninstall, then reinstall from the market.

Great work Paul!

Guest bswpt
Is it possible with the mcr to get run vpnc?

Can somebody confirm connection to fritzbox?

If yes, i would like to come back to mcr...

Nobody answered....so i took my courage...and installed r26...

I'm very impressed!

I had just to install vpnc and restoring the settings with TiB, and it worked immediately.

Because i did an extreme wipe before installing, that must mean, that tun.ko is already in the rom, isn't it?

Beside of restoring vpnc and its settings i didn't do anything else.

Guest milomak
Anyone else finding that it hangs at the x screen for more than 10 minutes when installing a cooked a2sd+ rom? I eventually take battery out.

No a2sd version works.

when i installed another ROM where a2sd is done manually, I noticed in the output that /sd-ext/apps was marked as being read-only. that immediately rang alarm bells and sure enough there were some partition errors. i took the opportunity to repartition and now all is well.

Guest quaddy

repartition doesn't work.. I've repartitioned my sd with clockwork, 1gb ext, * fat32.. no a2sd version work for me.. still stuck at the x screen :(

without a2sd it works perfectly.

Guest scottpletcher
repartition doesn't work.. I've repartitioned my sd with clockwork, 1gb ext, * fat32.. no a2sd version work for me.. still stuck at the x screen :(

without a2sd it works perfectly.

Had a similar problem with A2SD and A2SD+. Had to repartition my card a couple times...not sure why once wasn't good enough, but it wasn't. I'm using ClockworkMod 3.0.0.5 as my recovery.

Guest jsl.com
OK everything is looking pretty good on my Gingerbread Nexus One now. I have one remaining issue with the dropbear ssh server. It appears to be active because the password shows in "About Phone" but all attempts to connect are refused. Is the port still 2222?

Am I the only one who wants to shell into his phone? The r26 version has such a long string in the kernel version (About Phone) that the SSH password isn't visible. Now I couldn't ssh into my phone even if the ssh daemon were running (which it isn't).

Could somebody please explain how to use the dropbear ssh feature? I included it in the ROM and I (used to) see the ssh password displayed after the kernel version. How do I get the phone to accept ssh connections?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Guest das_spektakel
It's in android.policy.jar. I can add it as a kitchen option if you prefer.

P

Hi Paul,

i smali'ed the android.policy.jar and guess what happened - :( - I have no clue of what to do with these scripts... this is your playground, not mine :(. What would happen if I would take the android.policy.jar from stock ROM? Did you make other changes within this file?

best,

das_spektakel

Edited by das_spektakel

Anyone else had any random reboot + reboot loops with r26? I was using the phone when it suddenly just started displaying the X animation and pausing and restarting the X animation over and over again. Had to pull the battery. First time I ever had a random crash like this. All previous modaco roms (and the AOSP gingerbread I was running) had never crashed before.