Where to buy your Vega!

Guest PaulOBrien

Not sure on the rules of ebay, but there appears to be some here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/P10AN01-Advent-Vega-...=item336450221c

They come with a 2 pin plug, so not sure where these are coming from, but looks to be a reasonable price.

Same as the three pin version, you can slide off the plug and swap it out for the other version. Just gotta find the replacement on ebay somewhere...

Spoke to Curry's head office today and they said they have no stock in the warehouse, no stock in any of their stores and won't be getting any in for 3-4 weeks.

Guest demonicsilk
Spoke to Curry's head office today and they said they have no stock in the warehouse, no stock in any of their stores and won't be getting any in for 3-4 weeks.

On advent twitter, it says they will be on the web this week

On advent twitter, it says they will be on the web this week

Called into our local store today to see if they could source a vega. They checked all stores in the North East and non of them had any stock, they then did a nation wide search and the only devices showing up were the "demo" models in the London airports. The main warehouse was showing no stock. I asked if they could reserve a vega for me but since there was no stock showing in the central warehouse they couldn't. They told me to keep an eye on the website and keep clicking the buy button!

They're in stock on the site.

Just ordered one and received order confirmation and processing confirmation within minutes of each other :)

Now just the agonising wait of delivery ;)

Guest xathras
Once its been collected by DHL from currys is it next day deliver?

I had a bad experience with DHL. On a Thursday morning the DHL tracker link showed it out for delivery at 8am. As it hadn't turned up by 4pm I went to the link again. To my surprise it showed that the Vega had been delivered 2 hours previously and a signature obtained. It took DHL 2 days of "investigation" and "interviewing drivers" before it finally turned up on Saturday morning.

Guest demonicsilk

Just to keep all informed, although the web site for pc world says they have them in stock. This is not true. I spoke to pc world today on the phone and they say they have -1 in stock and are not expecting any in, in the near future. I only found out when after a month going after a replacement they just gave me a refund instead of a replacement!

I just ordered a replacement online, hoping to get in the queue.

I got a confirmation and 3 e-mails saying we are preparing your order for delivery! Yet according to pc world cll centre, they are not meant to be avaliable!

Edited by demonicsilk

Guest Jon Green

Received mine today, having ordered on Thursday last week. It's shipped with ROM version 1.08, so no Flash support inbuilt yet. Time to cook a new ROM onto it...

Edited by Jon Green

Guest BlackCat^

Hi All,

First time post. Love the work of everyone on the forum with improving the Vega so have taken the plunge and ordered a one online from Dixons.

Have just noticed the post 2 up from this; did you get your Vega in the end?

Im a bit worried that although its showing as in stock that might not be the case.

Anyone else received a Vega this week after recently ordering online?

Guest BMC1961
Hi All,

First time post. Love the work of everyone on the forum with improving the Vega so have taken the plunge and ordered a one online from Dixons.

Im a bit worried that although its showing as in stock that might not be the case.

BlackCat,

I ordered mine online (from PC World) last weekend. I received the acknowledgement email straight away, but no confirmation email. I assumed this meant they were actually out of stock. So I was a bit surprised when it turned up Wednesday lunchtime.

I didn't receive the confirmation email and DHL tracking number until Wednesday evening.

Good luck!

Guest demonicsilk
Hi All,

Yeah i got mine a few days later. Dsg seem to have no idea when they get stock and even if it shows in stock it maybe you have a few weeks wait with no warning. Mine said they had stock but took a week forthem to send one to me.

Guest BlackCat^

Just sharing this incase its useful for anyone else thinking about buying a Vega:

I have just rang Dixons who claim they have "plenty in stock".

The reason I rang was to see if I could obtain an order tracking number for the order I placed on Sunday as their web site claimed they are having problems with email notifications. Apparently my order was "preparing for delivery" and had not been dispatched at present but apparently the email notifications for dispatch are working so a tracking number can be issued at that point. No idea what the hold up on dispatch is, but they do apparently have stock if anyone is thinking about buying (I know before they claim online they have stock but it turns out they dont).

Edited by BlackCat^

Guest secondton

I ordered from the Dixons web site on Saturday for free delivery on Friday 4th but have not received any emails at all yet. I did follow up with an email to Customer Services but got no reply from there either. The order is on the web site and yesterday the money was taken from my account so fingers crossed it will arrive on Friday.

I'll update on Friday.