Where to buy your Vega!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest amarko5
Pixmania page now says "This product is no longer sold."

if you search for advent the listing is still there but out of stock , but yes clicking on it gives no longer sold :P

Guest patrickquinn
Any idea if/when this will EVER be for sale again ANYWHERE guys?

Looking to pick up a vega for myself for Xmas, anyone what to give me some info of when and where it will be going on sale?

Guest dr_nick

follow @adventvega on twitter for stock updates

they are usually reposted here pretty quickly, but most recent update:

@AdventVega: Stock update. More stock for tomorrow afternoon. Expect it no earlier than 3.30pm. We will tweet again as the time approaches. #adventvega (about 18:00)

follow these posts closely and be online having already set up an account with pcworld/currys/dixons when the announced hour comes. follow one of paul's links above (or go through quidco to earn yourself some cashback) then press f5 repeatedly while holding your breath for an hour or so (helps if you have also pre-emptively emptied your bowel and bladder). or thats how I did it anyway!

if last stock release is anything to go by, you will have about 4-6mins from when it goes live to them being sold out.

:P

Guest mclanecxantia
follow @adventvega on twitter for stock updates

they are usually reposted here pretty quickly, but most recent update:

@AdventVega: Stock update. More stock for tomorrow afternoon. Expect it no earlier than 3.30pm. We will tweet again as the time approaches. #adventvega (about 18:00)

follow these posts closely and be online having already set up an account with pcworld/currys/dixons when the announced hour comes. follow one of paul's links above (or go through quidco to earn yourself some cashback) then press f5 repeatedly while holding your breath for an hour or so (helps if you have also pre-emptively emptied your bowel and bladder). or thats how I did it anyway!

if last stock release is anything to go by, you will have about 4-6mins from when it goes live to them being sold out.

:P

it remains a problem: how do NON uk-native customers order ?

is there a way for foreign customers to get that pad ?

also: i cannot sit behind the PC all day long to order a tablet-pc.

i have a life. a girl, a child. i have to work myself.

i come home late from work. to see the stock beeing sold out.

Edited by mclanecxantia

Guest three_pineapples
it remains a problem: how do NON uk-native customers order ?

is there a way for foreign customers to get that pad ?

also: i cannot sit behind the PC all day long to order a tablet-pc.

i have a life. a girl, a child. i have to work myself.

i come home late from work. to see the stock beeing sold out.

I'm not sure If I'm allowed to post links or not....

In short, I'm using EntroPay to create a virtual credit card. You will have to verify yourself with them (send drivers licence, etc), but after that they will authorise purchases to ANY billing address (is my understanding). This means you won't have the UK seller asking you why you are shipping to some random address that isn't your billing address. They charge a 5% surcharge to load the virtual creditcard form your own (only down side I can find so far).

I'm then using Alfasent to forward the package to myself in Australia. I have no idea how much this will cost, it will probably be high!

So you order with virtual credit card, and set shipping and billing address to the alfasent address they give you.

If you don't have the time to hit refresh all day, I suggest you wait until they have lots in stock. This will happen eventually, when the demand goes down, or they ramp up production (some think they might be deliberately slowly down releases until bugs have been worked out). That way you'll get a better performing device, or maybe something better will come out!

you can get it as a home delivery from pc world from this morning it is available only on-line...

Out of stock for the last 30 minutes... You gotta be quick...

and its out of stock as we speak....

It was out of stock when you posted that you could get it at 9:46 :P Currys lasted 30 minutes and were out of stock at 9:20am. I suspect the 3 e-shops use the same back end database (they all look "identical") so they were probably all out of stock at 9:20...

I live in Sweden. Next week i am going to UK for a business trip and hoping to buy 2.

hopefully they will have in in a store.

I think that the best way is to call everyday and try and reserve.

Ahh. Good luck.... Hopefully they will be out soon to general release ;)

accounting to PCworld call centre they should be out next week in all big stores and supply should last until Christmas.

Guest AndyCr15
thanks ;)

accounting to PCworld call centre they should be out next week in all big stores and supply should last until Christmas.

As in, in the actual stores rather than online only? Did they give a date? :P

thanks ;)

Suuuuure they will.......

Would love to think this is true, but I just don't see it i'm afraid. Sadly DSG call-centre staff are about as useless as a chocolate teapot. Not their fault i'm sure, but they do have a tendency to tell you what you want to hear to get you off the phone.

I'll cross my fingers, but won't be holding my breath!

Suuuuure they will.......

Would love to think this is true, but I just don't see it i'm afraid. Sadly DSG call-centre staff are about as useless as a chocolate teapot. Not their fault i'm sure, but they do have a tendency to tell you what you want to hear to get you off the phone.

I'll cross my fingers, but won't be holding my breath!

This is what AdventVega had to say yesterday on twitter:

To those asking, the Vega should be in some stores before Christmas. As soon as I have distribution details I will share on here.

I wouldn't hold my breath TBH...

I ordered from PIXMANIA last weekend, my order went through and has been accepted, rang them twice now since the 'Item no longer stocked' sign appeared they said my order was ok and is in the hands of the warehouse now, still waiting for a delivery email...... also got it at a good price think altogether it was only £220

Got an email reply from pixmania yesterday which said...

"In regards to your order this tiem [sic] will leave our warehouse tomorrow. We will keep you updated."