08 Aug Gr15 GRJ22: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Nexus S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Just a heads up that I am effectively offline for 2 weeks from tomorrow (celebrating 10 years with my good lady then off for daughter's half term!), so updates will following when I return. :P

Thanks for your ongoing support everyone!

P

Just a heads up that I am effectively offline for 2 weeks from tomorrow (celebrating 10 years with my good lady then off for daughter's half term!), so updates will following when I return. :P

Thanks for your ongoing support everyone!

P

CONGRATS & Have Fun!

Guest gadjet110

Hi Paul.

Great ROM Quadrant scores alot better now, just a quick question..I flashed r11 OK, then tried to do a factory reset (settings,privacy,factory reset), but it hung on the android triangle screen?, i recovered from this by going back into recovery and reflashing r11 again. is this a normal event?

Thanks again and keep up the good work..:P

Edit:

Had to dump this ROM, to many forced restarts for me, it would crash while installing market updates, lock up on reboot when selected from power button...:D

Edited by gadjet110

Guest Mr.Clark

I know you're away, but just an FYI (so you'll feel like you've been missed :D )

When I press and hold the power button and select Reboot, it launches the reboot app, but keeps the Phone Options screen on top of it, and the only way to get anything done is to battery pull. The app is running in the background, by pressing the home button, I can get to the home screen, so it's not technically locked up, it's just inaccessible because of the Phone Options screen superimposed, keeping the focus and not allowing other apps to accept touch input.

Only noticed on R11 and only on the one I customised rather than one of your prebuilt ones (will test on them later).

I know you're away, but just an FYI (so you'll feel like you've been missed :D )

When I press and hold the power button and select Reboot, it launches the reboot app, but keeps the Phone Options screen on top of it, and the only way to get anything done is to battery pull. The app is running in the background, by pressing the home button, I can get to the home screen, so it's not technically locked up, it's just inaccessible because of the Phone Options screen superimposed, keeping the focus and not allowing other apps to accept touch input.

Only noticed on R11 and only on the one I customised rather than one of your prebuilt ones (will test on them later).

We reported that one on 20/1, earlier in this thread

Hi Paul,

My congrats for family events and great TNX for job you've done so far.

Just switched to your ROM and have a questions (if it is solved please head me up to solutions)

All my questions are related to the contacts functions

- is it possible to add different ways for pick up a number to call? for example if I have a list of numbers for one person in a contact list I can preset a default number to dial but only way to dial it quick is to long tap on contact and then choose dial. In previous versions there was option to add a button with a green phone picture to the right of the contact for fast dial. But the most convenient feature I saw is implemented in Galaxy S - there you can swype on the contact - if you swype left to right - you got call made, if right to Left - SMS. Extremely convenient and fast. If it possible to do hear I'll be happy.

- how to operate with birthdays in contacts? I didn't find how to add BD to contact (only thru Gmail web), and how to enable BD notifications?

Best Regards

Revaz

Edited by revaz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aviatorboy
Off topic alert I think you mean!

No, this isn't for N1, and the N1 will see a release when the official GB for N1 drops.

P

Hello Paul

Now that the GB has officially droped out on the N1.

Could you give an estimate on how long users will have to wait to see one of your releases?

are we talking days, weeks or months?

Regards

Guest objecttothis
Working up 2.3.3 for N1 and NS now...

P

Paul, is there a place where Google posts change logs and bugfix reports for the different releases of Android?

Guest ranblv

baked twice once with the new radio and once without , still stuck in the logo screen (did a full wipe)

used the rtl fix on both times

Edited by ranblv

Guest ranblv

without the rtl fix, I rather use R11 :-)

Reading hebrew backwards is not a fun sport :-)

Edited by ranblv