[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920) 6.5/6.5.5 Testing

Guest amdzero

Guest the sandman

The LED notification has a history, I think I might be the only one keeping track of it lol.. Your first ever Sense rom for 6.5.x that you made, the LED worked fine for texts, emails, calls, etc. When you made your next rom which was Sense 2.5.2018 for 6.5.x, the LED semi-worked, meaning it worked for everything except texts (in the Sounds and Settings the box for it would be grayed out and cannot change it). And finally when you released the first 6.5 Sense rom, the LED notification only worked for calling, charging, wifi.. But it doesnt work for when recieving texts and emails. I hope this all makes "sense" to you

The rotation service has been put back in with test3, and the HTC G sensor dll has been put in also. The chinese msg box has been changed to a graphic send box (so no words needed)

The email is a big problem. I can't seem to figure out how to solve it. I've been trying different ports for the last 3 days and everytime its the same: the email will be marked as read, but won't actually open.

I'm going to try to modify one of my older builds and see if I can get email to just open. Bottom line, I'm actively working the email problem.

The camera issue is a new one to me. Do you get this when OPENING the camera app, or when pressing the shutter button to take a picture? I can't seem to replicate the failure for the camera. Is it only in 6.5 or 6.5.5 ?

Visual Voice Mail is NOT in these roms, and I don't use it so it probably never will be in the ultralite series.

The LED notification is something new. How did it respond before? I don't remember using the led for anything except charging it.

AMD - Thank you. The camera issues occurs afer you take a picture and go to view it. I'm not sure about the LED, I do not use it much either. The oher big issues for me is the empty reminder box. Meanwhile I've gone back to your DC23 Sense ROM. I am anxiously waiting for this as it seemed to have more RAM available, but the DC23 works really nicely.

Guest chatmaster20

Guys, I need your help, please. I decided to go back to AMD's Zerosense DG21 ROM because I was having all kind of issues. And while it was installing it, I got a message that the ROM failed. Now, I can't reflash or boot up, or do anything at all with the phone. Is it bricked or there is something else I can try?

Thank you for your help!

Guest amdzero
Guys, I need your help, please. I decided to go back to AMD's Zerosense DG21 ROM because I was having all kind of issues. And while it was installing it, I got a message that the ROM failed. Now, I can't reflash or boot up, or do anything at all with the phone. Is it bricked or there is something else I can try?

Thank you for your help!

The only way you can brick this phone is by flashing something other than .nb0 in your pda portion of your rom. So its not really a problem. Just turn the phone off, and retry another rom. I'd also recommend remove/replace the battery and restarting your pc. I SERIOUSLY doubt your phone is a brick. I've flashed mine probably close to a thousand times in the last year.

Guest chatmaster20
The only way you can brick this phone is by flashing something other than .nb0 in your pda portion of your rom. So its not really a problem. Just turn the phone off, and retry another rom. I'd also recommend remove/replace the battery and restarting your pc. I SERIOUSLY doubt your phone is a brick. I've flashed mine probably close to a thousand times in the last year.

AMD, thank you again! You are correct, it didn't like the roms I was trying to install, so I tried another really old ROM I had and it flashed fine.

Guest amdzero
im running the 6.5 ultralite sense rom and im not having any camera issues at all

Okay after WAY TOO MUCH TIME testing to find out why email isn't working, I've narrowed it down to a few files that need to be uploaded. See post 1 for email cab fix.

So does that mean I fixed everything? Let me know if there is anything else I need to fix. If I don't get any more bugs, I'll rebuild and post the kitchen.

Guest the sandman
Okay after WAY TOO MUCH TIME testing to find out why email isn't working, I've narrowed it down to a few files that need to be uploaded. See post 1 for email cab fix.

So does that mean I fixed everything? Let me know if there is anything else I need to fix. If I don't get any more bugs, I'll rebuild and post the kitchen.

All is well as far as I can tell with the 6.5 Sense rom. Only thing that doesn't work and never worked (for me at least) on any Sense rom I used is the Online Album feature, which isn't really a big concern. When releasing the final version, are you going to add your own custom theme like you had on previous roms? Cuz I liked the way it looked

Guest nvrmind

Just reflashed, and everything looks great, so far.

Thanks AMD!!!

I'm using the 6.5.5+Sense and the e-mail fix didn't work. I've also noticed that when trying to view the data connection by using the icons on the upper task bar, the screen doesn't appear BUT the bottom taskbar displays the 'x' on the right side. So, the screen seems like it's invisible.

Hope that makes sense.

Guest amdzero
I'm using the 6.5.5+Sense and the e-mail fix didn't work. I've also noticed that when trying to view the data connection by using the icons on the upper task bar, the screen doesn't appear BUT the bottom taskbar displays the 'x' on the right side. So, the screen seems like it's invisible.

Hope that makes sense.

yeah I tested it on only one rom, and it worked, but for some reason, it doesn't work on all of them. I need to go back to the beginning (again) and redo it all over again until I either find the problem or make a new ultralite.

probably going to be a while, until I get this mess sorted out.

Guest nvrmind
yeah I tested it on only one rom, and it worked, but for some reason, it doesn't work on all of them. I need to go back to the beginning (again) and redo it all over again until I either find the problem or make a new ultralite.

probably going to be a while, until I get this mess sorted out.

Thanks, AMD. I'm using Vito SMS-Chat to get around the texting problem on 6.5 Ultralite. So far, I haven't noticed any other problems.

Guest amdzero
Thanks, AMD. I'm using Vito SMS-Chat to get around the texting problem on 6.5 Ultralite. So far, I haven't noticed any other problems.

Well I have a lite rom with email working again, so I'll try to make it ultralite and slap sense on it tonight. I'm also looking into TouchFlo 3D and Manila 2.0

BOTH are faster than sense, but far less functionality.

Guest amdzero
Well I have a lite rom with email working again, so I'll try to make it ultralite and slap sense on it tonight. I'm also looking into TouchFlo 3D and Manila 2.0

BOTH are faster than sense, but far less functionality.

Well I managed to fix email, but break weather. Still working it...

Guest sixstrings
Well I managed to fix email, but break weather. Still working it...

here's an issue that i've noticed happening alot....for some reason, the hard keys will stop working. i'm using the sense 6.5 and out of the blue the call, end, menu and side keys wont respond. any idea why?

Guest amdzero
here's an issue that i've noticed happening alot....for some reason, the hard keys will stop working. i'm using the sense 6.5 and out of the blue the call, end, menu and side keys wont respond. any idea why?

Thats a new one that I've not experienced. What do you have installed? Are you using 6.5 ultralite+sense?

Thats a new one that I've not experienced. What do you have installed? Are you using 6.5 ultralite+sense?

im using the 6.5 ltralite and my call button doesnt work at all. if i hold down the call button, i get an error message for voicerecognition.

Guest xlightwaverx
im using the 6.5 ltralite and my call button doesnt work at all. if i hold down the call button, i get an error message for voicerecognition.

It's a hard wired button. When it's not Samsung's dialer it gets picky. There is a fix somewhere on here if I remember.

X

Guest amdzero

I can't remember, did I remove dialer switcher from ultralite? If so that would explain the call button not working. That wouldn't explain the other buttons not working.

Guest ultralight23

dialer switcher is not in ultralite test 3. as mentioned before my send button was not working as well until the fix last night (PBEnable.exe) and is working now. my other buttons are working fine.

also noticed that in your email fix package that sms is in there as well. email works now but sms is still not. seems to be the same issue as email.

Guest sixstrings

im using 6.5 ultralite sense and it happens at least 4 maybe 5 times a week. i'll do a soft reset and then it works. but then it will happen again a maybe the next day.

Thx that fixed the phone button

hmmm something weird is happending with the email..

I couldn't get it to work with this rom even with the fix, So i tried xlightwaverx x-920 (awesome job BTW!) and setup email. worked fine for few hours then started doing the same thing. i see the new emails but cant open them. so I flashed x-920 sense... same thing, ninja4hire OP7... same thing. everytime, it works fine for few hours and then doesnt work.

I'm using it to sync gmail if that helps.

Guest amdzero
Thx that fixed the phone button

hmmm something weird is happending with the email..

I couldn't get it to work with this rom even with the fix, So i tried xlightwaverx x-920 (awesome job BTW!) and setup email. worked fine for few hours then started doing the same thing. i see the new emails but cant open them. so I flashed x-920 sense... same thing, ninja4hire OP7... same thing. everytime, it works fine for few hours and then doesnt work.

I'm using it to sync gmail if that helps.

I don't want to hear intermittent problems that makes my life harder lol. Okay so you mean that this issue may not be rom related? you think this could be an underlying issue with the phone or service itself?

Guest pma7779

I'm having problems using verizon visual voicemail with the ultralite+sense rom. I try and load the program and a little window pops up saying "exception".

Help please, or does anyone know of another good visual voicemail app?