Rapid's 6.5.3 ROMs (++Sense 2.5.2021++)

Guest Rapid81

Guest bog_dan28
New ROMs uploaded. TF3D is on the way.

Thank you very much! Downloading now!

Update: I've playing with the 21689 sense and it's amazing! - fast, stable, plenty of ram and best of all, the battery doesn't want to drain :D

1 issue: the sense froze when I entered the sense call log. other than this, works like a charm.

Edited by bog_dan28

Guest bobhero

So far so good on 21689 with sense.

I have another recommendation I forgot previously:

1) Disable cab security by default (so it doesn't prompt you when you try to install a cab).

Thank you.

Guest bobhero

I noticed an issue with sense.

when you goto the people tab and select "all people" and then slide over to updates and events, first, you can't login to facebook. second, all of sense then freezes.

Guest Rapid81
I noticed an issue with sense.

when you goto the people tab and select "all people" and then slide over to updates and events, first, you can't login to facebook. second, all of sense then freezes.

I cannot test facebook, because I don't have an account.

Guest bobhero
I cannot test facebook, because I don't have an account.

I'm not sure that it is directly related to facebook. I experienced this without logging into facebook. If you goto that tab and move between the options, sense will freeze after a few moments.

Guest Welll84

Thanks for the ROM bro...Good Jobs

Got question here...

1. my O2 keep asking for data connection type upon soft reset...?is it normal? Any solution to keep my data connection set automaticcaly?

2. How to remove the clock / calendar widget in Today screen...?

Thanks for all the good works bro :D

Edited by Welll84

Guest bobhero

Noticed a small issue with the taskbar icons. When you tap the taskbar and the menu slides out, their are spaces containing invisible icons for things such as new email, or new text messages. I think this is because the custom taskbar icons are not compatible with this version of WM.

I installed a new gingerbread themed taskbar and it looks great but may have a few alignment issues:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=981004

I think I will try the Dark Ninja taskbar next:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=639842

Cheers.

Edited by bobhero

Guest samymoharram

Hey Rapid

thx man for the gr8 work i ve always preferred your ROMS

but i wanna tell u there is some bugs

1- there is no text input settings which is very important when u install some sort of writing programs

2- i cant use the S2U2 dialer because the samsung dialer override the S2U2's one

3- some times opera mobile 10 is very slower (when downloading ) than the original ROM i think it needs new install

at last i wanna ask u what is the difference between 29017 and 21689

they both are 6.5.3

thx in advance

Guest bobhero
Hey Rapid

1- there is no text input settings which is very important when u install some sort of writing programs

2- i cant use the S2U2 dialer because the samsung dialer override the S2U2's one

3- some times opera mobile 10 is very slower (when downloading ) than the original ROM i think it needs new install

they both are 6.5.3

thx in advance

let me see if I can help out a little.

1) I don't know.

2) try using the Dialerswitcher program I attached. Change to windows default, reboot, then try installing s2u2.

3) opera seems normal to me. 29017 has a build date of Jan 26 2011, and 21589 has a build date of Jan 6 2011. They are both WM 6.5.3.12 AKU. Other than that I have used both and can't tell any difference.

DialerSwitcher.exe

Edited by bobhero

Guest Rapid81
Hey Rapid

they both are 6.5.3

thx in advance

1. I not removed such thing

2. S2U2 never worked for me

3. Opera is working fine

Noticed a small issue with the taskbar icons. When you tap the taskbar and the menu slides out, their are spaces containing invisible icons for things such as new email, or new text messages. I think this is because the custom taskbar icons are not compatible with this version of WM.

I installed a new gingerbread themed taskbar and it looks great but may have a few alignment issues:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=981004

I think I will try the Dark Ninja taskbar next:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=639842

Cheers.

It's compatible with 6.5.3. If would not, then you couldn't see anything from the bottom buttons and the taskbar's slide out menu.

Try this one. I'm thinking about to use this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=679518

Guest bobhero

actionboyCZ, there is a "stopwatch" feature in the alarm program by samsung. There is also a count down timer too. This is included with this rom.

Rapid, have you made any other GPS tweaks besides "GPS on optimum settings (COM4 / 9600)" to your ROM? registry, drivers, ect?

Guest Rapid81
actionboyCZ, there is a "stopwatch" feature in the alarm program by samsung. There is also a count down timer too. This is included with this rom.

Rapid, have you made any other GPS tweaks besides "GPS on optimum settings (COM4 / 9600)" to your ROM? registry, drivers, ect?

No, I didn't.

Guest AlphaSpirit

Hi

i just got the ROM file from ur download link!

the ROM is " Rapid_JI1_29017_Sense_(22-03-2011).7z"

im N00b and it's my first time didn'tt flash my phone before

i don't know from where start

i downloaded OCTANS Downloader v2.14.exe

what i need now to flash my omniaII

my configuration are

PDA: I8000BUIJ1

CSC: I8000SFRIJ1

PHONE: I8000XXIJ4

please help

Guest AlphaSpirit

some more questions:

1- the ROM i downloaded is it in English? "Rapid_JI1_29017_Sense_(22-03-2011).7z"

2-can i backup my current ROM (French original) and flash with later?

tnx all for helping !

Guest maxbis2000

Some text / fonts are not visible for me.

Settings->Connections->Advanced. I think there should be the connection names besides the "Select Networks", "Dialing Rules" etc... But there is nothing visible.

I was looking for Transcriber addition to the keyboard and found several cabs. But when Transcriber selected, the task bar for it is empty. ( where u select input / move left , right / backspace etc. ) It is just gray.

Guest NikAhmad

Hi Chef Rapid, I am noticed there are improvement on rom JI 29017 , when typing in google search box at internet tab , there are no squeezing effect like previously, (related to OpenGL file), it is posibble to do the same at rom JJ1 21916, tqvm