[Android] Themes, (live)wallpapers, bootscreens

Guest paranoiadk

Guest paranoiadk

Omnia2Android.jpg?psid=1

This is a thread, dedicated to Omnia2Droid themes, wallpapers, bootscreens, bootanimations, etc...

In a nut shell, this thread is for making your O2Droid pretty. :P

Contents:

Post #2 - Bootscreens/bootanimations (Android)

Post #3 - Wallpapers/Live wallpapers (Android)

Post #4 - Themes (Android)

Post #5 - Bootscreens/Wallpapers (WM)

Post #6 - Project logos

Other Omnia2Droid MoDaCo threads:

-> Omnia2Droid FAQ

-> Omnia2Droid Q&A

Edited by paranoiadk

Guest paranoiadk

Bootscreens / bootanimations (Android)

What you need to do to install them is: You have to connect your phone with ADB and simply push bootanimation.zip to your phone. How-to connect ADB tutorial here. How-to ADB push tutorial here.

drmbdrummer (XDA):

-> Motorola Droid X bootscreen

LegionTHEFecalExcretion (XDA)

-> Motorola Droid bootscreen

GLa'DOS (XDA):

-> Android Scribble

Edited by paranoiadk

Guest paranoiadk

Themes (Android)

One of our own members (ashburn) has taken up theming Android from scratch and is sharing on his own thread. I've found many themes go with Metamorph. Google it. Basically, it requires a rooted phone and busybox. The theme is packaged in one neat zip file which Metamorph extract on it's own and lets you install the theme as one package. Also, google for more themes.

ashburn:

-> Theming Android from scratch. (Tutorial and themes download)

rhamej (XDA):

-> Minimal Green and Minimal Blue (Although I do have to say that this one does not work flawlessly. The text in the notifications bar is black on black and so is the main screen clock. Maybe ashburn could give us a hand with this, or if I find the time, I will.)

EDIT: I did it. Here's the modified tar.gz for Minimal Blue. Rename to o2b2update or apply manually thru linux. Working like a charm. DO NOT APPLY THIS UNTIL YOU HAVE APPLIED THE THEME AND RESTARTED!

EDIT2: Just in case you like the theme color so much you decide to apply it as the highlight color in LauncherPro, the color code is 0098C8

Edited by paranoiadk

Guest paranoiadk

Logos

Basically, what I'd like to get started here is something that would give this project the definition it needs. A logo. A font. Something that would make it instantly recognizable.

I'm no artist myself, so I would like to encourage anyone who has what it takes to give it a go! :P

All submissions will be posted and credited and (eventually) voted on.

I'll start it off with some of my own.

Oh, and one more thing. Please make all submissions in PNG with transparent background in an appropriate resolution (go high, but don't overdo it:) ).

paranoiadk:

-> pdk_one

-> pdk_two

-> pdk_three

-> pdk_four

-> pdk_five

aerovoice:

-> O2DROID

Edited by paranoiadk

Guest paranoiadk

Of course you can all contribute!!

Just add your submissions as posts in this topic and I will add them to the proper section with all the due credits.

Also, if there will be enough "Project logo" submission, we could vote on which is to be the official. Final approval should come from the devs, since it's their project though. :P

Edited by paranoiadk

Guest thew0lf

Thanks for the modified minimal blue theme ! Works great.

Just a small note : there is no point in installing the orignal minimal blue theme first as the only more thing it's got is a few themed apps that (unfortunately) don't run on our current rom. Installing your fix is enough !

EDIT: GenieWidget.apk works though ! Great app !

Edited by thew0lf

Guest paranoiadk
the blue theme is very good but i prefer the old lock screen style can you do it?

Sorry man, it was a stretch fixing it and I really don't have the time right now to go to such lengths...

Besides, I was lucky enough to find a java executable made exactly for changing colors. When I tried to change them by hand it just made a mess. I kinda miss the unlock and sound bars myself and I might do it at some point, just not now.

Also I noticed the erratic behavior of the battery icon when charging. I guess I'll have to start making a to-do list. :D

EDIT: Nice to finally see some interest. :D Thanks for your comments. :)

EDIT2: Just in case you like the theme color so much you decide to apply it as the highlight color in LauncherPro, the color code is 0098C8

Edited by paranoiadk

Guest paranoiadk
and for re enable the original theme?

you would have to extract framework-res.apk and services.jar from the original package and install them over the minimalblue ones.

Is it possible to run HTC Clock widget in our andro-omnias

It really looks good

dunno. haven't tried. try it and report back :D

Guest koko5800

how can i install minimal blue theme i can't understand the way to set it up !

edit

a did it with metamorph

but when extract the updat metamorph say not valid theme

anything ?

Edited by koko5800

Guest aerovolce

hW0BS.jpg

Here is my humble contribution for the logo.

I can turn it into a vector if you guys decide to use it.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Edited by aerovolce

Guest paranoiadk
Thats my Display.

Would be nice if everyone who posted their displays also shared their widgets. :huh:

Thanks for sharing!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest paranoiadk
Guys i like these themes very much, is it possible to get it on our Omnia Froyo?

here's the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=114

sorry for the late reply. you could just try replacing the files on the phone, but i highly doubt that it'll work, since they're talking about cwm android roms as far as i can tell.

i don't really know how to help you. i only got as far as metamorph themes and editing statusbar text colors...

edit: i don't even recommend just copying the files since they are ment for i9000 (galaxy s)

Edited by paranoiadk