CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest sid3091

i tried cyanogen mod yesterday, and i noticed that after using it for an hour or so the phone really bogs down. Also bubble buster runs like crap. But man this thing has the potential to be amazing.

Guest whatcolour
Post from TomG on the bugtracker says the screen off fix didn't make it into last nights nightly. So hopefully it does work and we just don't have it yet!

OK. Here is a kernel I compiled myself early this morning, not sure if repo sync pulled the new kernel for me, but the attached does have a different size to the one supplied with Nightly4.

NOTE: *NOT* tested myself yet, posted for those eager to try! Thanks Frankish for this update zip!

kernel_update.zip

Guest DonJamal
OK. Here is a kernel I compiled myself early this morning, not sure if repo sync pulled the new kernel for me, but the attached does have a different size to the one supplied with Nightly4.

NOTE: *NOT* tested myself yet, posted for those eager to try! Thanks Frankish for this update zip!

i make a backup and will try it

not so perfect but works

Edited by DonJamal

Guest doubleluckstur

I'll try this. Gimme a min :huh:

*edit backing up now....

Edited by doubleluckstur

Guest birdibird

first impression in shorter calls: proximity works

(with both Always use proximity ticked and unticked)

1 time it stayed black, but moving toward my ear and back worked to show screen again

didnt test yet with long call

Edited by birdibird

Guest doubleluckstur

OMG it works! hahahahahahahahaha

happy now. Thank you so much :huh:

edit* just done a long call... took 6 seconds to reawaken, but it done it after a quick scare :)

Edited by doubleluckstur

I built the kernel I'm using from Tom's source and it's waking for me after a few 2.5 min tests calls and one for 4m 46sec.

I'm on my own build of roughly nightly two time and in Call Settings under advanced I have Always use proximity, back to call log ticked under advanced.

I can't mount usb normally though only in recovery and fastboot still works.

Guest jjustyy

Thank you both for this - it works great so far :huh:

Hey all, Bit ill so sorry this is uber late.

Can I just quickly surmise what should go in the first post?

We DO have:

Volume Control

Headset Control

Eclair user agent.

Repeat ringtone for incoming calls

We Don't Have:

Proximity Fix (apart from what's just been posted)

Anything else new in this Kernel (CM7 default config, Power management code)

Is this all good to be put in the first post?

Guest doubleluckstur
Hey all, Bit ill so sorry this is uber late.

Can I just quickly surmise what should go in the first post?

We DO have:

Volume Control

Headset Control

Eclair user agent.

Repeat ringtone for incoming calls

We Don't Have:

Proximity Fix (apart from what's just been posted)

Anything else new in this Kernel (CM7 default config, Power management code)

Is this all good to be put in the first post?

we don't have an fm radio yet but apart from that, looks good :huh:

Guest Frankish
Morning Frankish...some people claim to have this working, some not..fancy trying to weave your spell, give 4 a flash and report your findings..if not too busy?

Sorry mate..bit of a pfaff..what do you think?

Sorry only just seen this. Was late for work so no chance to test although I see the reason. Thanks to what for new kernel.

we don't have an fm radio yet but apart from that, looks good :huh:

I really meant, in relation to what we were meant to get today. But yes, awesome. Going in the first post!

Guest cooldfuzion
Sorry only just seen this. Was late for work so no chance to test although I see the reason. Thanks to what for new kernel.

when intalling this kernel is say installing "Frankish kernel" lol

Right, sorry it's so late guys, first post done, with a slight redo to make it more readable, and see what's fixed or not. And of course, added patches and changes.

Guest Arr Too
Hey, the browser has been updated with this code now. It 'should' be in nightly 4 but if not it'll definitely be in nightly 5. :huh:

Excellent -- thanks for sorting that out!

Guest Ralph Martin
Sorry mate but it certainly is...

Well, I don't have CM7 installed yet, and I have not paid for the premium version, and it certainly DOES NOT offer ZTE Blade as a choice. Clearly there's something triggering whether it does or not.

Guest doubleluckstur
Well, I don't have CM7 installed yet, and I have not paid for the premium version, and it certainly DOES NOT offer ZTE Blade as a choice. Clearly there's something triggering whether it does or not.

weve sorted this, you need to be on CM7 to flash the recovery from rom manager.

It was said yesterday or the day before in this thread

that you have to have CM7 installed first before the Blade shows up on that list

you do not have to pay for a premium version