CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Soory this post is in such a mess, I'm anticipating RC2, where a new, cleaner post will go up. I'm also going to be very busy for the next few days, too. So updates will be slow, but will still happen

Firstly, thank you ever so much to Tom G, HCDR Jacob and the CyanogenMod team. I am in no way responsible for this ROM, I am merely an unofficial source gathering up the sometimes confusing bits and pieces.

Hello. Thought this might be an idea, have a nice unified thread (and post) to discuss the nightlies.

So, What have we today?

CM Nightly 14 dated 08/03/2011

Please upgrade to at least Nightly 13, then we'll all have a level playing field. If something doesn't work, it can be traced to this version.

But what is a nightly, I hear you ask? A Nightly is a build that comes out every night (go figure) and includes all the fixes submitted to the project up until that point. Therefore, pretty much every new build is as current as possible. It also means no formal testing has taken place, so bits could be broken or unstable.

What's fixed here?

To see realtime changes, take a look at the Blade's CyanogenMod Github

Since the RC build as of the 15th:

• [FIXED] Data no longer turns on when wifi is disabled
  • [ADDED]Update to Android 2.3.3
  • [bETTER THAN NOTHING]Proximity Sensor
  • [FIXED]Repeat Ringtone for Incoming Calls
  • [FIXED]Volume Fixes - controls work whilst asleep
  • [FIXED]Headset fixes
  • [ADDED]Éclair User agent in browser
  • [FIXED]Autofocus on Camera
  • [FIXED]Autobrightness Values have been fixed
  • [ADDED]Overclockable Kernel has been added
  • [FIXED]CyanogenMod CPU settings now work.

Also, take a peek at the General CyanogenMod cahngelog to see what's new in the base, no-device-specific areas.

What haven't we got/ What's still broken?

• 5mp only shoots Black and White photos link
    • Random Touchscreen Freezes link
    • Variable battery draining link
    • FM Radio may be out for a while link
    • Apps with libs included within them, Angry Birds for example won't start when installed on the SD card. linkSimply move these apps to the phone for them to work.
    • *Many other small niggles that can be seen on the CyanogenMod Issue Tracker, it's of paramount importance that you look there before whining about things being broken here

How do I go about Installing this?

*The vital first step is download either Tom's or Seb404's ClockworkMod. Seb's is here, with instructions

*Next is to do a Nandroid backup within Clockwork. This will produce a full backup of your current ROM, so you can go back to it at will.

*Wipe data/ do a factory reset

*Install the ROM .zip file.

*Install Google Apps, which are HERE

*Restore and backup, install new apps

*MOVE ANGRY BIRDS TO THE PHONE. As this is the most common complaint, please move troubling programs to the phone.

As an aside, makes sure you have the latest version of Clockwork installed, which, to be safe is 3.0.0.6. This can be downloaded from Seb's post, linked above, or through ROM manager. However. ROM manager will only install newer clockworks for our blades from within CM7, unfortunately.

A touch of housekeeping

Noobs, be careful. This post is here to be read. If you ask the same questions on every page, You will be reported.

And indeed, anyone who notices this behaviour: A). Point them in the right direction if they genuinely seems lost. B ). Click the report button or something and give a nice broad "READ THE FIRST POST" sort of sign. C). Do whatever's necessary to keep the thread clean. But friendly. Shouting for shouting's sake makes the thread messier and doesn't actually help the cause.

Anyway, this shall be updated more frequently than Jacob's post and I shall be updating with every nightly (hopefully). If a nightly pops up and I don't notice, drop me a PM

So please. Keep it friendly, keep it on topic. And keep looking at the first post!

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Big bag O' temporary fixes

*From good mister Rotmann, quoted verbatim(ish) in regards to getting Apps2SD to work in some fashion:

Also the apps2sd bug can be avoided by formating the card with partition manager under windows or gparted, into two PRIMARY partitions: the first fat32, the second ext3. Install s2e (simple2ext) from the market, put it to move the apps to ext and restart. Before installing the ROM apply wbaw's partition mod to get 333 MB. This is only for people who use more than 10-20 apps and games.

*Also, sluggish launcher performance? First, turn off wallpaper hack in ADW. If that fails, try another launcher. If that fails, try Gingerbread Launcher by Steven Lin, found on the market. That should solve performance issues, at the cost of it being a stock(ish) launcher.

Battery life isn't fixed :D

Guest Frankish

EDIT:

For anyone that has RC1 and want's to keep everything but REALLY want overclocking features...

Find attached my fix, it's simply updated CMParts.apk, new boot.img and new modules. The script will write all changes. Apply in recovery and now cpu settings will not force close. Keep all your apps and settings :D

cm7_blade_rc1_overclock_cpufix.zip

Edited by Frankish

Another one? :D

It seems closing the official CM thread has caused more problems then it has helped. We should be allowed 1 official thread where someone keeps the first post up to date. Noobs get warning etc. I vote this thread at least it's formatted nicely.

That was the sorta gist here, get in quick, keep it updated. Maybe a big bold post early on every page saying "READ THE FIRST POST" should help, too.

Guest Frankish

Yeah. I may keep my current install and just use the new boot.img if the kernel is overclockable. Oh and please for the love of god...it's kernel. KernEl. Not kernal :D

Yeah. I may keep my current install and just use the new boot.img if the kernel is overclockable. Oh and please for the love of god...it's kernel. KernEl. Not kernal :D

Damn, I'm completely aware of that, too. My excuse being I'm a Teenager, and I've only just woken up (first day of half term :D )

Guest Frankish
Damn, I'm completely aware of that, too. My excuse being I'm a Teenager, and I've only just woken up (first day of half term :D )

You also should never use "and" after you use , ........ :D

EDIT:

I agree this one should be kept as official nightly discussion. I know Victor will keep it up to date.

Edited by Frankish

Guest leetron1

Hey Frankish...what do you do...just flash the new boot.img?

Hmmm, installed this rom on top of the RC1

-phone doesn't work

-wifi doesn't work

-brightness button on energy widget doesn't work

flashed RC1 again

Did you wipe? Wiping usually helps.

As fonix has said all the proprietary files are missing...that's why these problems are occurring.

Is this commonplace for nightlies? As in, CM nightlies?

Guest Frankish
So a full wipe is needed when flashing from RC1?

You can do it. But still no wifi, ril etc.

I'm going to see if just doing a diff on both files and copying over what's missing will work...

meh, you can use "," before "and" in some cases.

just sayin :D

back to cyanogen :D

I know, but I overuse the rule far too much. I always sound breathless when I type

You can do it. But still no wifi, ril etc.

I'm going to see if just doing a diff on both files and copying over what's missing will work...

Sounds like a good idea. If it's that simple, we should see some fixes.

hmm, no I didn't.

I thought it could be flashed over it

I'll do it again with a wipe...

Oh dear. Seems this out of order thing is already happening.

We've just discussed it in the posts after you that the files aren't included in the ROM, sorry. This means the pieces won't work until someone posts a better ROM

Guest birdibird
Oh dear. Seems this out of order thing is already happening.

We've just discussed it in the posts after you that the files aren't included in the ROM, sorry. This means the pieces won't work until someone posts a better ROM

just read it in time :D

Guest fonix232

Dropped together a little test-fix, flash from recovery, should fix problems with RIL, camera, WiFi, OMX, and HW acceleration.

http://www.wuala.com/fonix232/Blade/ROM/Cy...od/7/fix_CM.zip

It won't fix though:

- FM Radio

- Camera autofocus

- Any other bug listed on the CM Bugtracker

The package isn't signed so you need CWM or disable package verification in RA!

Dropped together a little test-fix, flash from recovery, should fix problems with RIL, camera, WiFi, OMX, and HW acceleration.

Thank You :D