[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest dwl99
in RLS5 problem:

Root Explorer - /mnt/sdcard - ok

LauncherPro Plus 0.8.5 - backup settings - write me - "An error occured while trying to create tje backup. Please make sure the SD card is available." :-(

You need to uninstall Launcherpro via Market, delete the Launcherpro folder from your SD card then reinstall Launcherpro.

Guest pavlo1c
Sounds silly but have you rebooted and tried again?

Yes, I'm supercharged phone and the result is the same: (

downgrade to a previous launcherpro and now the same old wrote: (

Edited by pavlo1c

Guest vt750c2

Still a Problem with "birthday" in german.

(since japanese jellyfish RLSx)

I've found a language problem with the word for "birthday" in contacts while using german language. It's called "Fodselsdag" (with a line trough the 'o') but should be "Geburtstag".

Is there any chance to change that (maybe by editing a file?)

Thankx! And keep up your amazing work on this ROM!!!

Vt750

post-817325-1303382278_thumb.jpg

Guest pavlo1c
You need to uninstall Launcherpro via Market, delete the Launcherpro folder from your SD card then reinstall Launcherpro.

made, but the result is the same: (but now he does not put, ie the choice is there, but selecting it disappears and is native

Guest pavlo1c

Titanium backup restored the old version and it started, only now backed up and can not do: (

Edited by pavlo1c

Guest digital0
Are these kernels working on newer Gen1 devices (ones with TFT screen)?I also have an accelerometer problem and i hope this will fix it.

Thanks for your replies!!

No, they refuse to install on gen1. They work only on gen2.

Guest rauskis
Still a Problem with "birthday" in german.

(since japanese jellyfish RLSx)

I've found a language problem with the word for "birthday" in contacts while using german language. It's called "Fodselsdag" (with a line trough the 'o') but should be "Geburtstag".

Is there any chance to change that (maybe by editing a file?)

Thankx! And keep up your amazing work on this ROM!!!

Vt750

fødselsdag is geburtstag in danish.

Edited by rauskis

Guest alextzef

Hallo everybody,am using ss rls4b and am facing an MMS sending-recieving problem,actually am not able to sent or receive anything.The apn profile (cosmote mms)cant be edited,its fields are grey and so they cant be changed.I read someone else had the same issue but he didnt get any answers.Well is there someone who could help me...?

Edited by alextzef

Guest dibbles
Hallo everybody,am using ss rls4b and am facing an MMS sending-recieving problem,acctually am not able to sent or recieve anything.The apn profile (cosmote mms)cant be edited,its fields are grey and so they cant be changed.I read someone else had the same issue but he didnt get any answers.Well is there someone who could help me...?

You could get an application from the market called APN backup and restore. Then delete all your APN's, if needed. And then create the one you would need to use. Then back that one up to restore as required.

Guest alextzef
Delete the old contact and create the new one with the correct name (?)

old one cant be deleted or modified!

Will try the market app and let u know...thanks alot

Guest mkzee
Thanks dadashi. I tried one of the adapters yesterday but it was not recognizing my card. I will try it with some other adapter or using my WM phone.

My notebook was not recognizing this card's capacity so it was not letting me format it. I tried it on my work station (both win7), could not do quick format there but finally managed to format it without selecting quick format option. It is looking good now.

I found another issue while playing low quality videos in youtube which can be seen in attachments. I played same videos in RLS3 and it was not showing black lines in videos which appears differently when HQ is pressed.

HQ selected:

post-624233-1303391711_thumb.jpg

HQ not selected:

post-624233-1303391724_thumb.jpg

This issue cannot be seen if i play Royal Wedding invitation video.

Guest artemzr

Hi there. I have installed SS v5. Now, when I try to install some applications, I got reboot. Where is the problem? I have done partition ext 516 with 0 swap.

I used this applications: RecoveryManager_v0.29b.apk, recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.8-blade.img

Edited by artemzr

Guest deksman2

I'm using RLS4b.

Everything works great (the battery life is pretty high as well - I get about 4 days with minimal/no use), though there is a bit of an issue because the applications menu is sluggishly scrolling (it's not really smooth).

Any idea why this is so?

Guest gusthy

Only gen2.

Sonera kernel on my gen2 phone converted from gen1 makes phone part unstable (hangs up often during phone calls), and battery time is much worse (for me at last).

Guest psycho84

Damn, I really like this rom, it feels good so far but this accelerometer problem is really annoying. :S

Delete the old contact and create the new one with the correct name (?)

lol!? This spelling of the birthday field has nothing to do with the contact person itself :) :) ...it's a translation error as shown in the screenshot.

I can reproduce this here (also using german language). So any chance we can fix this?

Edited by Jagg

Guest kabuzi

Just popped in to say thank you very much to kalt-kaffe for this great ROM which i have been rocking on my phone.

I have a recently converted to GEN2 OLED model. I have installed the softbank kernel, haven't experienced any issues and, in my experience, angry birds has become much smoother. (even w/o overclocking, which is not supported - had it at 652mhz max on demand)