[ROM] QuickSense -DG21, 6.5, 6.5.5, Sense 2021

Guest Bryan W.

Guest tampora

I had a question for you, im hoping you can answer. I notice that the background color in my email appears to default to black no matter what theme i select. I have had this issue in the past with this omnia 2 and found that certain themes were just problematic in email mainly when using a black background. I have however tried to install themes that I know work fine on other ROM's which still show black on your ROM. Is there a registry key somewhere I can change to get the white background back or at least use the color specified by theme rather than defaulting to black? This can be a little annoying when reading emails as it forces me to select all the text to read it.

Thanks!

Guest Bryan W.
I had a question for you, im hoping you can answer. I notice that the background color in my email appears to default to black no matter what theme i select. I have had this issue in the past with this omnia 2 and found that certain themes were just problematic in email mainly when using a black background. I have however tried to install themes that I know work fine on other ROM's which still show black on your ROM. Is there a registry key somewhere I can change to get the white background back or at least use the color specified by theme rather than defaulting to black? This can be a little annoying when reading emails as it forces me to select all the text to read it.

Thanks!

Just wanted to post a quick reply.

I have been busy and plan to:

1) respond to this question by giving all the registry settings set by the theme. You will have to find out which one control text color, though I expect that to be easy once we see what those reg keys are

2) update both roms with a few more noticeable performance tweaks and the latest (and perhaps last ever from MS) updated XIP

All within the next week.

Sorry for delay.

Bryan

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest Bryan W.

Updates Released 5/9/11. See Main post.

QuickSense 6.5 v1.3 [201MB] --> Main Post

-Has +70 MB Ram on Start

-Tweak: Tapping 'My Location' on home screen takes you to weather tab

-Fix: FUS Task Manager would not launch

-Tweak: Performance Enhancements

-Change: XIP and OS files to v21916

-Removed: Uzard Web Browser

-Added: UC Web Browser (FAST!)

QuickSense 6.5.5 v1.5 [222MB] --> Main Post

-Has +70 MB Ram on Start

-Broken: ver 6.5.5 does not utilize QuickGPS data, apparently

-Tweak: Tapping 'My Location' on home screen takes you to weather tab

-Fix: FUS Task Manager would not launch

-Fix: Bold Text in Samsung Contacts

-Tweak: Performance Enhancements

-Change: XIP and OS files to v21690 (Trying to resolve speed issue of the 6.5.5 flavor roms)

-Removed: Uzard Web Browser

-Added: UC Web Browser (FAST!)

Guest Bryan W.

Thanks!

I don't do anything special to the colors set by the system except set the Tacchan theme installed and enabled as default.

These are the registry settings the theme sets.

theme2.zip

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest andychoi

This is really nice ROM, by the way I have trouble when I installed new font - Korean.

No proper display. I have had no trouble with other custom ROM so far.

Do you think it is related with Sense ?

Guest Koljasöngsen

Looks great, Probably just what I m searching for. Is it possible to change language to German?

Greetings from bavaria

Guest tampora

I'm putting this on now, I will do a little more investigation on the color scheme issue but it is something I have only seen with these roms so far. I actually had another omnia running a different ROM testing and comparing themes and registry keys for the colors but didn't really make much progress. The other ROM would change the background color fine on the email when quicksense would not.

In regards to the build version, have you tried anything newer for instance the 29020? I'm was just messing with it in a basically stock ROM and it seemed to work nicely. None of the bugs reported seemed to be happening in the ROM i cooked. I'm such a newbie when it come to cooking but it appeared to port the XIP and OS properly. I just have to figure out how to strip out everything now....

Guest Bryan W.
In regards to the build version, have you tried anything newer for instance the 29020? I'm was just messing with it in a basically stock ROM and it seemed to work nicely. None of the bugs reported seemed to be happening in the ROM i cooked. I'm such a newbie when it come to cooking but it appeared to port the XIP and OS properly. I just have to figure out how to strip out everything now....

Build 29021 is supposed to be out soon. There is not a lot of data out on the build branches and what makes them different. I decide to try this as it is the latest (March 2011) HTC branch build. Later when 29021 is released I may update it to that so we can tell a difference, if there is any.

Guest Bryan W.
Looks great, Probably just what I m searching for. Is it possible to change language to German?

Greetings from bavaria

This is really nice ROM, by the way I have trouble when I installed new font - Korean.

No proper display. I have had no trouble with other custom ROM so far.

Do you think it is related with Sense ?

Hello,

I don't know much about the supporting new languages.

Does the Korean font work in other Sense Roms?

And I'm not sure if German will work. As far as I know, the Rom must be made specifically to support each language. I do not have the German language files, so it may not work.

Sorry I'm not more helpful,

Bryan

• 2 months later...