Your Top Android Phones.

Guest Frankish

The optimus 2X is gorgeous but some of its specs seem a little odd, like only 512MB of RAM (same as our blades, in fact). The HD video recording is choppy too, and it's still Bluetooth 2.1.

The Galaxy S II looks like a better Optimus 2X, with twice the RAM, a Super AMOLED screen (none of that cheating pentile rubbish you'll find on Nexus Ones, or OLED blades), bluetooth 3.0 and 21mbps HSDPA.

With all that said I'm not leaving my blade :D

I'll be interested in what ZTE makes after the Skate, which feels like a stopgap device.

Edited by Roph

Guest DanWilson

1. Desire Z

I own it. Also clocks to 1.9GHz. Enjoy your 800MHz.

2. Motorola Atrix

IT LOOOKS SO AWESOME DO WANT

3. HD2

Weird choice, but its fast, and well supported.

4. A stolen HTC Pyramid

It's cheap innit?

5. Dunno. Not interested in new phones. Although a quad-core'll be nice.

Guest Frankish
1. Desire Z

I own it. Also clocks to 1.9GHz. Enjoy your 800MHz.

2. Motorola Atrix

IT LOOOKS SO AWESOME DO WANT

3. HD2

Weird choice, but its fast, and well supported.

4. A stolen HTC Pyramid

It's cheap innit?

5. Dunno. Not interested in new phones. Although a quad-core'll be nice.

Moto Atrix will have a locked bootloader though...meh!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest goatee

So upgrade came around, and got the 2X - it's lurvely :mellow:.

1. Motorola Atrix

2. LG 2X

3. Atrix / 2X :o

4. OSF

5. Samsung Galaxy S2

Guest goatee
The Galaxy S II looks like a better Optimus 2X, with twice the RAM, a Super AMOLED screen (none of that cheating pentile rubbish you'll find on Nexus Ones, or OLED blades), bluetooth 3.0 and 21mbps HSDPA.

That's why it's 25% more expensive :mellow:.

Guest stylezuk

LG Optimus X2

HTC Desire HD "new device"

HTC Desire Z

Samsung Galaxy S2

Motarola Defy

BTW: The DHD screen is crisp no cloudy and even though Super LCD kicks the ZTE as no silly pink :mellow: Regards size the extra space is awesome and can still fit in pocket. I.M.O

Guest finbaar

1. Currently available any.

2. Currently available any.

3. Best Top end.

4. Best Budget.

5. Coming soon.

1. Samsung Galaxy SII

2. HTC Desire S

3. SG SII

4. Blade

5. HTC Sensation

Honestly you need to see the Sammy GSII and the LG 2X working to see that although the LG is nice it gets its arse kicked - and they are very similar in price in the UK Saying that I reckon I will get the HTC Sensation in October.

Guest Kuteguy

something I posted on hotukdeals

________

so as stated earlier, ordered my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Sunday morning on £10.50/month 24-month contract - works out to be about £300 over 2 yrs including the phone, minutes and text

played with it a little bit now (it is locked to o2! £14 to unlock)

I have in my hands - a san francisco (AMOLED), Sony Ericsson Arc, and the G2

Firstly, let me say I am keeping the Samsung most likely. But its the least favorite of the phones - however, it has the most advanced technology - so will keep it.

San Francisco - best phone by far of the three (AMOLED). Feels GREAT (I have used it for the last 6-odd months). Display is SUPERB - the best of the three by far. Upgrading from this because the small memory has limited the number of apps I can download. Other than that everything about this phone is first class. And it only costs £65-75 outright

Sony Ericsson Arc - Feels great. Nice and solid. Didn't play with it much. Had bought this phone as the upgrade from San Francisco. Cost: £215 on ebay. But within 2 days this Samsung deal came out from O2. I want to make this my phone for the next 1-2 yrs. But its lower memory is no-no for me now that I think about it. The physical buttons are a nice touch. Definitely the best designed phone I have seen - beats the iPhone's design for sure. The colors are a lot washed out.

Samsung Galaxy S2 - a little disappointed with it. With talk of Super AMOLED + blah blah and the display is outdone by a £65 phone in San Francisco. The phone itself feels VERY cheap and light and plasticy. But being dual-CPU, support as a USB host, lots of memory, great camera/flash, front facing camera, etc its the one I am going to keep (but for the wrong reasons).

Truly I should just stick with San Francisco and return the rest.

Guest KACE_231
Agreed plus the DHD screen seems almost cloudy. Not clear like an amoled Desire or our oled Blades!

One thing that is also worth noting is that despite the screens getting larger the resolution remains at a fairly standard 400x840 which means the bigger screens actually look worse than the smaller ones.

The optimus 2X is gorgeous but some of its specs seem a little odd, like only 512MB of RAM (same as our blades, in fact). The HD video recording is choppy too, and it's still Bluetooth 2.1.

and with such little RAM no wonder HD video recording is "choppy"

IMO the galaxy S2 is the best phone out there for now

Edited by KACE_231

Guest stylezuk
One thing that is also worth noting is that despite the screens getting larger the resolution remains at a fairly standard 400x840 which means the bigger screens actually look worse than the smaller ones

480x800 :mellow:

It's not like it's QVGA so the realestate doesn't make a difference on the graphics since when you think it's 1/3 rez of peeps PC monitors and that can be 19"+

Going from say Kaiser to TP to TP2 then you notice the difference in rez QVGA/VGA/WVGA especially when farting about pimping resources on lower rez devices.

Edited by stylezuk

• 1 month later...
Guest jemmymoore
One thing that is also worth noting is that despite the screens getting larger the resolution remains at a fairly standard 400x840 which means the bigger screens actually look worse than the smaller ones.

and with such little RAM no wonder HD video recording is "choppy"

IMO the galaxy S2 is the best phone out there for now

specs of sgs2 make look even prestigious apple's iphone 4 to be lame, screen resolution matters where sg2 lags but there's no large difference. Iphone 4 has 3.5 inch display screen while samsung galaxy s2 has 4.2 inch and important to note is samsung galaxy s2 offers both high resolution camera, 8MP rear and 2MP front while that of iphone 4 with high cost offers only 5MP rear and cheap front camera . Even cost wise sgs2 is pretty inexpensive as compared to iphone 4. Definitely it makes prestigious phones look dull... :) lol

Edited by jemmymoore