Your Top Android Phones.

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

What do you think are the top Android phones (in your opinion) following the below format.

1. Currently available any.

2. Currently available any.

3. Best Top end.

4. Best Budget.

5. Coming soon.

Here are mine,

1. LG Optimus 2X -

Just looks like a nice handset, fast, already rooted etc. Large screen but not too large.

2. HTC Desire -

Sold mine but only due to being sensible money wise. Would love one again. Liked the hardware and the camera etc.

3. LG Optimus 2X -

Although it's still early days this looks like it is the fastest available Android handset and with some clean software on seems it w=ill go far!

4. OSF/ZTE Blade

Call me biased but yes the Blade. I have an OLED Blade. Stable roms from 2.1 up to 2.3. (Yes i consider CM stable now) I dare anyone to name a handset for the same price, hdpi with capacitive oled screen?!

5. HTC Pyramid

The specs look nice for this bad boy.

Pyramid is confirmed to have a dual-core 1.2GHz processor with 768MB of RAM. It will come running on Android 2.3.2 Gingerbread with the latest Sense 3.0. The screen looks to be 4.3″, and is qHD 960×540 resolution. On the back there is an 8MP camera which probably can record in 1080p, plus a front-facing camera that can do VGA shots.
Edited by Frankish

Guest simonsays1

1) Optimus 2x. Awesome.

2) Motorola Milestone 2 - I'd love one of these, if only for the keyboard.

3) Galaxy S - nice big screen and great spec.

4) ZTE Blade - The best spec for £100, the most bang for the money.

5) ZTE Skate - hope it's going to be cheapish.

Guest JimJam707

1) Nexus S

Awesome Sauce + Official Google Updates + AOSP

2) Desire Z

I like me a bit of sense + keyboard.

3) Optimus 2X

badword Epic.

4) ZTE Blade

Obviously :D

5) HTC Pyramid.

Do want.

Edited by JimJam707

Guest isambard
What do you think are the top Android phones (in your opinion) following the below format.

Here are mine,

1. LG Optimus 2X -

Just looks like a nice handset, fast, already rooted etc. Large screen but not too large.

2. HTC Desire -

Sold mine but only due to being sensible money wise. Would love one again. Liked the hardware and the camera etc.

3. LG Optimus 2X -

Although it's still early days this looks like it is the fastest available Android handset and with some clean software on seems it w=ill go far!

4. OSF/ZTE Blade

Call me biased but yes the Blade. I have an OLED Blade. Stable roms from 2.1 up to 2.3. (Yes i consider CM stable now) I dare anyone to name a handset for the same price, hdpi with capacitive oled screen?!

5. HTC Pyramid

The specs look nice for this bad boy.

1. Blade. Unbeatable value for money

2. HTC Desire Z. Phone with a keyboard.

3. Galaxy Tab. 7" tablet. Perfect form-factor for a tablet. Also works as a phone (just)

4. Galaxy S. Nice phone, and light too!

5. Desire. A more expensive, but working version of the Blade.

Guest iKrautDroid

1, 2 and 3: You guys got them all right, no need for me to post the same things over and over again.

4: Of course the blade, since I was lucky enough to get one from the uk, because the gen2 blades they sell in germany are 200 euros (99 pounds are about 115 euros, thats what i payed for my blade), and im not sure if id pay that much.

So if I couldnt get a cheap uk blade, I guess Id get an Acer Liquid, which is 220 euros in germany.

5: Im not really into any of the upcoming phones, because they all seem to run 2.2 or 2.3, wich cant impress me anymore, because 3.0 is out for tablets.

I guess ill have to wait for ice cream, or whatever its gonna be called. But i must admit a 3d phone would be cool (I love the 3ds I got a few days back. OMG, its really 3d without glasses).

Also, im wondering if the evo 3d will be released in europe. Evos have a history of being US only.

Guest buneech

1. Motorola Atrix

Love the expandability with the HD dock and Laptop dock and the qHD display.

2. LG Optimus 2X

Looks like a nice, fast phone.

3. Motorola Atrix

Would like to have one. I wouldn't mind having THIS 4.0" display phone.

4. ZTE Blade/OSF

Obviously, it is the best budget device, especially if you were an early adopter, so you can brag to your friends about the OLED.

5. Nothing much.

Just waiting for a smaller dual-core phone, with a 3.5" screen. 4.0" is a bit much for me, the phones are getting a lot bigger nowadays.

Guest Bonbergol

For 5. I would suggest the HTC Desire S best phone ever in my opinion

the only phone that could replace my Blade :D

Edited by Bonbergol

Guest Frankish
For 5. I would suggest the HTC Desire S best phone ever in my opinion

the only phone that could replace my Blade :D

Nah HTC Incredible S is better. Larger 4" screen, 8mp cam instead of a 5 on Desire S.

Guest Bonbergol

I think 3.7" is the best size for a phone

4" is a way to large for me and doesn´t fit right in the bag

Camera difference is only on paper the pictures look nearly the same

So i would prefer the Desire S

Guest Phoenix Silver

4" is too big for my small hands

(No no i' m speaking of screens :D )

but it's better for navigation

so it's a dilemn

a dual core would be fine

Edited by Phoenix Silver

Guest LVL91

1. Optimus 2X - nice specs+great design+great size ;)

2. HTC Desire - I have the phone(AMOLED version) myself and I love it B)

3. Optimus 2X - A nvidia Tegra cpu beats anything I guess...

4. ZTE Blade - Duhhh :D

5. HTC EVO 3D - HTC+Sense+3D = interesting...

Edited by LVL91

1. Motorola atrix- super fast processor hi res screen and cool and useful accessories oh and fingerprint reader.

2. Sony Ericsson x10 - nice design, decent screen, good camera, gingerbread promised and bootloader recently cracked also the price should be falling as new devices come out

3. Atrix again

4. Orange San Francisco OLED with cm7- good screen and solid features plus great hackability for just 100 pounds

5 Nexus two (not s) with ice cream sandwhich possibly? - for future android updates and stock android

Edited by ms20

Guest KACE_231

Personally I think a screen size of 3.5" is the most appropriate size, but there aren't any phones that size that have a 1Ghz processor!

Guest Frankish
Personally I think a screen size of 3.5" is the most appropriate size, but there aren't any phones that size that have a 1Ghz processor!

I think 4 is ideal. 4.3 is too big. I had a Desire at 3.7 that was pretty good though.

Guest maynkee

a bit offtopic but i agree with some of the posters here, i found a 4 inch screen (or even more a 4.3) phone way too big, i just don't like having such a chunk in my pocket. And it´s not so easy to handle a bigger phone.

3.5 or 3.7, that's good for me...hence the Zte Blade (or in my case the Sapo a5)

I'm SO very happy with my blade that i haven't really been looking into the market today, so i cant pick the top 5 andoid's!

Guest Frankish
yeah my friend has a DHD and its massive

Desire is perfect size IMO

Agreed plus the DHD screen seems almost cloudy. Not clear like an amoled Desire or our oled Blades!