12 Sep Hr9: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer with Online Kitchen (Android 3.2)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Mikkle
I'm using stock kernel as it was updated for 3.1 and the source isn't released yet... note the 0001 not the 0004 = not the same kernel!

I was waiting for the new release before building the modules, although yes, ones built against the old source will likely work!

P

Thanks,

Stock as in stock Asus, or Stock Android?

It's just that I can't figure out where you got the 2.6.36.4 kernel for your custom kernel and how/why your WiFi drivers as per your screenshot are more recent than the one in the kitchen. Kitchen is 2.6.36.3.00001 (allright, the current Asus source is 2.6.36.3 without the 00001) - or at least it is on my Transformer after installing the kithen rom. Did my /boot not get flashed properly, or does the kitchen rom actually contain the 2.6.36.3.00001 kernel ?

:) Mikkel

Guest LainX

Hi Paul,

your Hr7, when flashing, downgrades recovery to 3.0.2.8 (I noticed that since I had 3.1.0.1 before flashing your rom, so I performed some tests to confirm my guess).

I think it's because of blob.

Can you fix that please?

Thanks a lot :)

Edited by LainX

Guest gilll

Hi and thanks Paul

I went flawessly from stock 8.4.4.5 rom back to 8.2.2.39 then to your rooted 8.2.2.45 (using asus-eee-pad-transformer-transformer-modaco-com/341227/upgrading-to-rooted-ww-8-4-4-5-android-3-1-from-any-version ) and then hr7 : everything works fine

I was - and am still - using Rom Manager on HTC Desire : could it be used with asus TF ?

Guest Matchstick
I'll update the Blob in the next release. :)

P

Paul,

there's been a lot of work on the Acer Iconia A500 XDA Forums to port the 3G Modem support from the Folio 100 to that tablet, and it appears to be pretty successful.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=14603952

I've tried applying these changes on the Transformer without any success so far thought I'm not sure if the problem is that the transformer lacks the necessry bits is the core OS or kernel or if I just haven't worked out what to put in the build.prop to get it working.

Is there any chance you can consider having a look at this and see if there's any potential for inclusion in a future version of the MCR rom ?

Guest shingers5

after years of using this forum for free i have finally bought an ad free subscription lol cheap skate i know! £10 is a bargain for all this guys does for our devices. flashed HR7 and as usual stellar work. not sure how much more can be done with this tablet for now. maybe windows or ubuntu or meego even ipad clone who knows lol. anyway thanks again paul for all your hard work and for sometimes replying to your tweets lol

Guest qwer23
after years of using this forum for free i have finally bought an ad free subscription lol cheap skate i know! £10 is a bargain for all this guys does for our devices. flashed HR7 and as usual stellar work. not sure how much more can be done with this tablet for now. maybe windows or ubuntu or meego even ipad clone who knows lol. anyway thanks again paul for all your hard work and for sometimes replying to your tweets lol

After months of reading this forum without even registering, I bought an ad free subscription as well. You're doing a great job, Paul! And your Online kitchen is a quite nifty tool, too :)

Guest Chinren
In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - see my ClockworkMod Beta post for details.

What does this do exactly? As it doesn't work on my device. (Wrong version I think).

Could I use some other root method, and if so how would this affect things? I want to install the custom ROM, but I can't do the clockwork thing.

Restart your device in recovery mode

How do you do this? Is it power and volume down? I assume this is what you need to install Clockwork for.

Sorry if these are noob questions, just want to make sure I don't end up bricking my device! :)

Guest jxiong

Hi all, this is my first post, thanks for this wonderful community. Thanks paul for all your hard work too!

I would like to check if Hr7 is compatible with Clemsyn-Blades Overclocking kernel? I would like to use this kernel to OC my TF101 ;p

ha just rooted my TF101 and using stock rom with the Clemsyn-Blades Overclocking kernel, running at 1.4 Ghz and having quadrant score of 2225

what's everyone's quadrant score?

cheers!

Jianxiong

Guest Involver

Just bought the transformer with keyboard - biggest selling point? MCR ! Ha, been using it on my LG2x for months now, have been supporting Modaco and happy with it!

Next up - TF101!

btw - it IS truly a great piece of kit...

btw-btw - source for 8.4.4.5 is online @ asus website: 'Eee Pad Kernel Code for Android 3.1 OS (V8.4.4.5)'

Edited by Involver

I have completed all of the steps but when I try to apply the update zip, I get an error:

Finding update package...

OPening update pckage...

E:Can't open /sdcard/Hr7-update.modacocustomrom-tf101-kitchen-unsigned.zip (bad)

Installation aborted

Guest Knight77

Guys can anybody help me here? I downloaded Netformer Kernel 1.5 (for HC 3.1) and it has cifs.ko etc. but I cannot make it work with Cifs Manager, not even using in terminal emulator

"busybox mount -o username=guest -t cifs //192.168.2.1/shares /sdcard/network/shares" it always gives me back "no such device or address" :-((

Guest Mikkle
Guys can anybody help me here? I downloaded Netformer Kernel 1.5 (for HC 3.1) and it has cifs.ko etc. but I cannot make it work with Cifs Manager, not even using in terminal emulator

"busybox mount -o username=guest -t cifs //192.168.2.1/shares /sdcard/network/shares" it always gives me back "no such device or address" :-((

Go to settings in cifsmanager. Check "load module", check "load via insmod", fill in correct path to cifs.ko.

My path is

/system/lib/modules/cifs.ko

HTH

/Mikkle

Guest Knight77
Go to settings in cifsmanager. Check "load module", check "load via insmod", fill in correct path to cifs.ko.

My path is

/system/lib/modules/cifs.ko

HTH

/Mikkle

Thanks but actually the path was already correct :-(

Guest 3sade
I'm using stock kernel as it was updated for 3.1 and the source isn't released yet... note the 0001 not the 0004 = not the same kernel!

I was waiting for the new release before building the modules, although yes, ones built against the old source will likely work!

P

Hi Paul!

Great work on this awesome online kitchen! Asus has released the 8.4.4.5 kernel source now, it's avaiable from their website. Is it possible to update the kitchen so we can choose the MCR kernel instead of the stock Android kernel? I mean can you make a custom MCR kernel again with all the goodies and speed improvements for Honeycomb 3.1?

Would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks alot in advance!

Guest Mikkle
Hi Paul!

Great work on this awesome online kitchen! Asus has released the 8.4.4.5 kernel source now, it's avaiable from their website. Is it possible to update the kitchen so we can choose the MCR kernel instead of the stock Android kernel? I mean can you make a custom MCR kernel again with all the goodies and speed improvements for Honeycomb 3.1?

Would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks alot in advance!

+1 (can hardly wait!)

:-) Mikkle

Guest Knight77
Thanks but actually the path was already correct :-(

Ok guys just to let you know that I've solved my CIFS problem: dunno why and how but using Mount Manager instead of Cifs Manager (that in the past I've always used) just solved the problem. I really cannot understand why...

Guest Involver

Is anybody experiencing the browser issue where it simply drops you back to the home screen? It especially seems to happen the modaco website, ironically. There's post somewhere as well on this... Just wondering if this has been sorted with the custom rom or not...

Guest Mikkle
Is anybody experiencing the browser issue where it simply drops you back to the home screen? It especially seems to happen the modaco website, ironically. There's post somewhere as well on this... Just wondering if this has been sorted with the custom rom or not...

Try the solution mentioned here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/asus-eee...ts-android-3-1/

Solved similar issues for me.

:-) Mikkle